Half-Assed GDT: Game 3 - Note @ Carcharodon carcharias

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteenMachine

Oct 19, 2008
Fenton, MO
Jaybo had the same amount of ES points as Shattenkirk and Petro had 14 more.

Shattenkirk has inflated totals because he gets plopped on the first PP unit so Petro and Jaybo can rest.

So their ice time doesn't inflate their totals at ES? Lemme know when semantics wins a hockey game.

BuLLeT1291

Dec 16, 2010
I wish I could agree but what indication has Army given you he knows what hes doing?

He built a team that could have easily made it to the WCF the last 3 years in a row.... Just because the lose doesn't mean he is a horrible GM. He doesn't control what happens out on the ice. He only supplies the pieces and imo he has done a damn good job.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
We just took out the defending cup champions and the 1st overall team in the west Dallas stars. Wouldn't that be considered good coaching?

Good coaching means that you change the system when it calls for it. Hitch doesn't do that. He changes lines and keeps the same system. Our system worked well against Chicago and Dallas...It doesn't work well at all against San Jose.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Jaybo had the same amount of ES points as Shattenkirk and Petro had 14 more.

Shattenkirk has inflated totals because he gets plopped on the first PP unit so Petro and Jaybo can rest.
Also gets that PP time in the first place because he's actually good offensively and Bouwmeester isn't.

I wish I could agree but what indication has Army given you he knows what hes doing?
There isn't. I'm just gonna try being optimistic and see if it works.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Gotta say it's funny to me that the Blues hit a little bit of adversity and AGAIN it is immediately the same hackneyed "fire hitch and army they are killing this team blah blah blah" nonsense. This team will either respond to the challenge, or they won't. Considering the way this team of warriors has responded to and fought thru adversity all year, I think they have earned the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

I believe the players in that locker room are fully pissed the **** off right now and will come out looking for blood in game 4. Maybe they won't, I am not going to sit here and predict the future. Either way tho, Hitch is still a good coach and Army is still a good GM.

"O ye of little faith, why are you so afraid?"

I wanted Hitchcock gone even when we were winning.

BuLLeT1291

Dec 16, 2010
Just baffles me the people who say Army should be gone or doesn't know what he is doing.. Lol what a joke.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
He built a team that could have easily made it to the WCF the last 3 years in a row.... Just because the lose doesn't mean he is a horrible GM. He doesn't control what happens out on the ice. He only supplies the pieces and imo he has done a damn good job.

What pieces has he acquired?

All draft picks are courtesy of Bill Armstrong. Doug has added Lehtera, Bouwmeester, Elliott, Upshall, Brodziak, Brouwer, Paajarvi.

A+ Armstrong, you kept a crap coach around and added bottom tier talent.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Gotta say it's funny to me that the Blues hit a little bit of adversity and AGAIN it is immediately the same hackneyed "fire hitch and army they are killing this team blah blah blah" nonsense. This team will either respond to the challenge, or they won't. Considering the way this team of warriors has responded to and fought thru adversity all year, I think they have earned the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

I believe the players in that locker room are fully pissed the **** off right now and will come out looking for blood in game 4. Maybe they won't, I am not going to sit here and predict the future. Either way tho, Hitch is still a good coach and Army is still a good GM.

"O ye of little faith, why are you so afraid?"

I would have thought that about tonight.

A Real Barn Burner

Apr 25, 2016
Lets go Dale Hunter style:
Schwartz-Backes-Brouwer
Steen-Stastny-Berglund
Jaskin-Lehtera-Fabbri
Tarasenko-Brodziak-Reaves

In all seriousness keeping in mind what Easton said about drving the net from down low and the half baord to open up the points. I would like to see

Steen Backes Tarasenko
Berglund Stastny Jaskin
Parjarvi Fabri Brouwer
Upshall Brodziak Reaves

Steen and Backes maybe can work hard enough to make up for Tarasenko coasting. Stastny and Jaskin have had chemistry in the past and Berglund has been good these playoffs strong puck possession and board play. Give Fabri a chance at Center, Brouwer gives the line some size and net presence and can pot Fabri passes if he is given three chances. Parjarvi is questionable but Schwartz looks gassed and Lethra is garbage on wing or when he isn't with Tarsenko. You can put one of them there or on the second line and move berglund but we need some speed in the line up imho. The fourth line brings the physicality and energy we missed tonight but all lines need to hit. Hopefully hitch switches to the 2-1-2 the 1-2-2 isn't working no idea why he like it so much.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
So their ice time doesn't inflate their totals at ES? Lemme know when semantics wins a hockey game.

Yes, it's semantics because you aren't right. If Shattenkirk is so good offensively, he should be destroying Bouwmeesters ES points considering his competition and zone starts. He's better than Jaybo offensively, but he's not some amazing force.

Shattenkirk isn't better than Petro offensively, he just has a better shot. Petro gets in better spots with the puck, sets his teammates up better than Shattenkirk.

Shattenkirk has a better shot than Petro and that is the only thing he has over Petro in the entire game of hockey.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
not surprised to see the end result. when you play with no emotion and have no netfront presence, you get shutout.

time to watch this team choke and go away quietly and ruin everything they have done up until now.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
not surprised to see the end result. when you play with no emotion and have no netfront presence, you get shutout.

time to watch this team choke and go away quietly and ruin everything they have done up until now.

They've done a lot better than last year. You have to give them credit. They are one of the top four teams in the league. I think the no net front presence comes from their system.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I wanted Hitchcock gone even when we were winning.

Well, win or lose I think you will get your wish next season. The man is well into his 60s...I mean, realistically, how much longer would he even want to keep coaching? Much less how much longer can his (obviously unhealthy) body take the demands of coaching in the NHL?

I would have thought that about tonight.

I hoped that would be the case tonight, but it was not. I think it is entirely within the realm of possibility that the Blues come out in game 4, play their hardest, and still lose to a very good sharks team. **** happens. They had a lot of bounces go their way against Chicago and Dallas that they haven't had this series.

However, there is too much pride on this team and they have battled thru too much adversity this year for me to believe that game 4 won't see a fantastic effort from this group. They have earned the benefit of the doubt from me.

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada

Traded away Halak(arguably a better goaltender) Stewart, prospects, was it 1 or 2 1st's for Miller/Steve Ott, Traded away Perron for Paajarvi, signed Stastny for what 7 million with a NMC who has done nothing, traded away Oshie for Brouwer with one year less on his contract.

F-

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Traded away Halak(arguably a better goaltender) Stewart, prospects, was it 1 or 2 1st's for Miller/Steve Ott, Traded away Perron for Paajarvi, signed Stastny for what 7 million with a NMC who has done ziip, traded away Oshie for Brouwer with one year less on his contract.

F-

Lol is this a serious post?

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Yes, it's semantics because you aren't right. If Shattenkirk is so good offensively, he should be destroying Bouwmeesters ES points considering his competition and zone starts. He's better than Jaybo offensively, but he's not some amazing force.

Shattenkirk isn't better than Petro offensively, he just has a better shot. Petro gets in better spots with the puck, sets his teammates up better than Shattenkirk.

Shattenkirk has a better shot than Petro and that is the only thing he has over Petro in the entire game of hockey.
Historically, Shattenkirk has destroyed Bouwmeester at ES point production.

Not sure why everyone is complaining about Shattenkirk right now, anyway. He wasn't a factor in any goal.

He had a couple of shake my head moments, the worst of which was that swing at the bouncing puck at the offensive blue line, but he made some nice plays as well (that he never seems to get any credit for making). There isn't a player on the team that had a flawless night.

I think he's looked better this series than he has the previous two, which isn't something that can be said for most of the team.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
you guys are overblowing this. i turned the game off at 2-0 because ive seen 3 games of this pathetic play but as bad and hopeless as they have played, its a 2-1 series. they are capable of playing better and they better if they want to win.

i think their is a very high probability of them going down 3-1 in the series unless they come out and play desperate hockey and the only time we see that is when they have a chance at being eliminated.

A Real Barn Burner

Apr 25, 2016
you guys are overblowing this. i turned the game off at 2-0 because ive seen 3 games of this pathetic play but as bad and hopeless as they have played, its a 2-1 series. they are capable of playing better and they better if they want to win.

i think their is a very high probability of them going down 3-1 in the series unless they come out and play desperate hockey and the only time we see that is when they have a chance at being eliminated.

You seem more optimistic than you were earlier, hope your right and they come out desperate but with a plan to actually play thier game. One desperate game won't get them to 4 wins in this series just delay the inevitable.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Doug hasn't done anything.
Bill could maybe have a NHL GM job but what about Don Maloney?
Don built up Arizona and is a good hockey guy.

DA has put together a team that is in the WCF, that IS something.

Being an excellent scout doesn't mean you're set to be a GM. While spotting talent is always a good attribute, it doesn't mean you could assemble a team.

What has Maloney done outside of high drafts?

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Historically, Shattenkirk has destroyed Bouwmeester at ES point production.

Not sure why everyone is complaining about Shattenkirk right now, anyway. He wasn't a factor in any goal.

He had a couple of shake my head moments, the worst of which was that swing at the bouncing puck at the offensive blue line, but he made some nice plays as well (that he never seems to get any credit for making). There isn't a player on the team that had a flawless night.

I think he's looked better this series than he has the previous two, which isn't something that can be said for most of the team.

Destroyed? Shattenkirk has like .03 more ESP/G than Jaybo since he got here not counting Bouwmeester's first 14 games after the trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad