Game 3: Columbus at Phoenix | 1/23 10pm EST | "Western Swing" Edition

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
This was not even remotely close to the Jackets of the last two games. Until they prove otherwise, this is the typical "I have to travel more than 15 minutes for a road game so I won't show up" Jackets hockey.

After sleeping through the second period, I will give you the 3 tards of the night....

3rd tard - Steve Mason - Can't see how he has changed in any way
2nd tard - Brassard - I think I saw 3 different neutral or defensive zone crap passes
1st tard - Dorse - Seriously moron?

Front office tard - Howson - Seriously you lump of hell, you STILL couldn't get rid of Mason? You should be publicly flogged for having subjected this fan base to even another minute of this guy. Now watch Mason have a good year... :p

I NEVER want to see this team play like this again. You will get thumped from time to time, but this wasn't anything like what Davidson promised. No fight, no energy. No one lead this team.

Oh and shut up post game men, Mason wasn't very good.

Zarathustra

This is not my hat.
Nov 21, 2007
Salzburg
Mason is bad. I wouldn't even say he kept us in it early, I'd say the defense did. The difference between him, and Phx's backup is night and day. Mason, even when he's not scored on, usually gives up horrible rebounds. JL wasn't, even on the powerplay when we had good movement and guys out front. He still was just catching the puck and slowing down the play.

Night and Day.

Send him down, bring up someone from Springfield.

Umberger looks slow. I don't think Brassard looks as bad as some people say he does. Not great, but not horrible, either.

Zarathustra

This is not my hat.
Nov 21, 2007
Salzburg
This was not even remotely close to the Jackets of the last two games. Until they prove otherwise, this is the typical "I have to travel more than 15 minutes for a road game so I won't show up" Jackets hockey.

After sleeping through the second period, I will give you the 3 tards of the night....

3rd tard - Steve Mason - Can't see how he has changed in any way
2nd tard - Brassard - I think I saw 3 different neutral or defensive zone crap passes
1st tard - Dorse - Seriously moron?

Front office tard - Howson - Seriously you lump of hell, you STILL couldn't get rid of Mason? You should be publicly flogged for having subjected this fan base to even another minute of this guy. Now watch Mason have a good year... :p

I NEVER want to see this team play like this again. You will get thumped from time to time, but this wasn't anything like what Davidson promised. No fight, no energy. No one lead this team.

Oh and shut up post game men, Mason wasn't very good.

Thought Umberger looked worse than Brassard. RJ can't win a board battle and is pushed off the puck as if he were smaller than Atkinson. Looks slow. Brassard can at least carry it into the offensive zone. Umberger gets turned around every time.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Thought Umberger looked worse than Brassard. RJ can't win a board battle and is pushed off the puck as if he were smaller than Atkinson. Looks slow. Brassard can at least carry it into the offensive zone. Umberger gets turned around every time.

100% This.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005

Remember this was the "3 tards". RJ sucked, but he wasn't a tard. Mason's body language in the 3rd was the same as in the past. As far as I can tell he loses confidence in seconds, thus his tard status.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
I'll say Brass looked better than most of those guys. He brought energy imo. Seriously so much better than RJ. Whole team was bad. Hope they wake up tomorrow.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Easy to point the blame on Brassard, but he was the only forward doing anything out there. Yes, he has alot of turnovers, but he's also the only forward creating chances. Plus he's playing with Umberger...

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I think so far Foligno, Johansen, prospal, and Atkinson have been our best forwards so far this season. Brassard has looked good, definitely still some refining to be done, but its early.

Redcoyote

Hungry
Mar 21, 2009
Good luck against Colorado tomorrow night.

I'd like to see you guys find a way to succeed. I agree with the general idea on your boards that it looks like its going to take everyone showing up every night, playing a physical game and driving to the net.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Easy to point the blame on Brassard, but he was the only forward doing anything out there. Yes, he has alot of turnovers, but he's also the only forward creating chances. Plus he's playing with Umberger...

What is wrong with you people? I said nothing about effort or the such. I was stating he made some bad decisions. Both with the puck and with the discipline. I didn't think the concept of "tard" was that hard to understand.

The RJ bashing is just getting old. If you have an issue with RJ take it up with Richards and quit making excuses for Brassard. RJ didn't force Brassard to take the first penalty nor did he force Brassard to make the poor decision(s) in the neutral zone.

At no point did I place blame on Brassard for the loss. He was a moron tonight, plain and simple. I don't care if he created "chances" or if he "played hard". He did more to help this team lose than he did helping the team win. There are no moral victories here. This was a piss poor team effort, Brassard just happened to be close to the top of my list of complete and total morons.

See here is the thing, I like Dorse. A lot. And look, I bashed the hell out of him tonight because he deserved it. Quit being a Brassard homer and admit he didn't have his head in the game tonight at key moments and move on. I have no problems calling out the players I like when they deserve it. Brassard deserves called out, so does most of the team. As far as Gagnefan saying Brassard "looked better", that is some serious hot lip stick he put on that pig.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
What is wrong with you people? I said nothing about effort or the such. I was stating he made some bad decisions. Both with the puck and with the discipline. I didn't think the concept of "tard" was that hard to understand.

The RJ bashing is just getting old. If you have an issue with RJ take it up with Richards and quit making excuses for Brassard. RJ didn't force Brassard to take the first penalty nor did he force Brassard to make the poor decision(s) in the neutral zone.

At no point did I place blame on Brassard for the loss. He was a moron tonight, plain and simple. I don't care if he created "chances" or if he "played hard". He did more to help this team lose than he did helping the team win. There are no moral victories here. This was a piss poor team effort, Brassard just happened to be close to the top of my list of complete and total morons.

See here is the thing, I like Dorse. A lot. And look, I bashed the hell out of him tonight because he deserved it. Quit being a Brassard homer and admit he didn't have his head in the game tonight at key moments and move on. I have no problems calling out the players I like when they deserve it. Brassard deserves called out, so does most of the team. As far as Gagnefan saying Brassard "looked better", that is some serious hot lip stick he put on that pig.

If you don't care about creating chances and hard work in a 5-1 shallacking, what do you care about? Hell I saw an assist from Brassard to set up the only goal, wtf did RJ do to not deserve a "tard" placing. Look I'm not saying anyone was good bc they weren't and I'm all for calling people out but Brassard was one of the few concerns compared to other players doing abso ****ing lutely nothing. I'll "put lipstick on a pig" as you call bc that "pig" gave everything compared to the majority of that team that blew.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
If you don't care about creating chances and hard work in a 5-1 shallacking, what do you care about? Hell I saw an assist from Brassard to set up the only goal, wtf did RJ do to not deserve a "tard" placing. Look I'm not saying anyone was good bc they weren't and I'm all for calling people out but Brassard was one of the few concerns compared to other players doing abso ****ing lutely nothing. I'll "put lipstick on a pig" as you call bc that "pig" gave everything compared to the majority of that team that blew.

I think the whole concept of the difference "stupid" and "effort" are totally lost on some people. At what part did I ever say that Brassard didn't have "effort"? I saw effort from Dorse as well.

Brassard can have all the effort in the world. He keeps doing the things he did tonight and he is going to be a heavy minus player and we are going to lose a lot of games. Right now, he is a top six center on any team destined to finish in the bottom 15. His reprieve from my bashing based on effort the last half of last year is over. Unlike RJ, he is far more tradable.

RJ is not on his game, however, for the period and a half of the game that I saw, he didn't make the same obvious mistakes that Brassard made.

Defending Brassard after his performance is highly laughable. If you notice, I am not defending anyone. Just gave you the distinction on how I graded my choices.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
I think the whole concept of the difference "stupid" and "effort" are totally lost on some people. At what part did I ever say that Brassard didn't have "effort"? I saw effort from Dorse as well.

Brassard can have all the effort in the world. He keeps doing the things he did tonight and he is going to be a heavy minus player and we are going to lose a lot of games. Right now, he is a top six center on any team destined to finish in the bottom 15. His reprieve from my bashing based on effort the last half of last year is over. Unlike RJ, he is far more tradable.

RJ is not on his game, however, for the period and a half of the game that I saw, he didn't make the same obvious mistakes that Brassard made.

Defending Brassard after his performance is highly laughable. If you notice, I am not defending anyone. Just gave you the distinction on how I graded my choices.
Well I hate to break it to you but this team isn't going to win many games. Not many other candidates to play top 6 mins that are gonna be a whole lot better. We were told this team is going to have a lot of effort, I think everyone should be on board before we start bashing guys for stupid plays. That's just my two cents. **** ton of guys who made stupid plays and lacked effort compared to a few that made just stupid plays. But we'll see how they look tomorrow.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Dear Mr. Davidson,

Please use one of your two amnesty buyouts on Mr. RJ Umberger. What you've seen is what you get with him.

Mr. Sieve Mason doesn't have to be your problem, sir. You can instruct Mr. Howson to send him to Springfield, release him or have him kidnapped and then bring in any one of a number of AHL free agent goalies and improve your team drastically. After watching Elliot and Halak for the past few seasons, you will probably be advised to have an airline bag at your disposal whenever Mr. Sieve Mason is in the net. Last night was just a sneak preview of what you'll see most of the time. Don't let the team's crummy play fool you into thinking otherwise.

Sincerely,

cr

Zarathustra

This is not my hat.
Nov 21, 2007
Salzburg
I don't know why we were so far away from the net this game. Umberger needs to park his ass right in front of the net. We have such a weak net presence, the PHX goaltender could see every single shot. Now that we have defensemen that can hit the net (better than our forwards most of the time) if we had that person that could just stand in front of the net I think we would see a lot more. I say bring up Kubalik. My theory is that Dmac was scratched to be ready for the Avs. But if a team like Phx tears us apart, I hate to think how we'll endure the speady Colorado team.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Just a terrible, horrible, pathetic game.

Hardly anyone showed up.

This sums it up.

I thought Phoenix would be hard to play against but the effort level was pretty good on first two games so had hopes for this one.

Not sure what to think about game against Colorado. Their D isn't as good and they have some losses up front.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Always love to read (long time lurker) how after every loss it's because of a certain player. Whether it's Mason, RJ, Brassard, etc.
That was a TEAM loss. Pathetic effort. Giving up 42 shots on defense is not the formula to win many games when you have an offense that will struggle to get past 2 goals in regulation (as a note 5 regulation goals in 3 games). Bottom line if you're going to win with defense and goaltending you realistically need to limit the opposition to 25-30 shots on goals (we can go on and on about quality of shots, but we've been giving up plenty of quality changes the first 3 games).
Mason wasn't good by any means, but if you're going to score 1 goal and give up 42 SOG you're going to end up with a top 3 pick in draft.
I saw a very good game in Nashville (not perfect the 1P wasn't a great effort), I saw a decent game against detroit (terrible 1P, really good 2nd and 3rd until last few minutes) and below average effort against PHX (solid 1st, but horrible after that). That is an improvement over last year, but need more comple games or at least more Nashville type efforts when we play hard for at least 2/3 of the game.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
The whole team (including the coaching staff) sucked last night and really there is nothing else to say. The ture test of this team will come tonight.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Oh well, at least we don't have to worry about winning the Cup and losing our lottery pick.

I agree on using the amnesty buy out on Umberger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad