Game 3: Columbus at Phoenix | 1/23 10pm EST | "Western Swing" Edition

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
The sheer amount of Umberger hate on this board is swinging him from "easily the most overrated Blue Jacket" (which probably applied to him from 2009-November 2011) to probably being the most undervalued Jacket (at present)

This coming from one of his bigger detractors.

He's been bad, but its been 3 games. If he's still this crappy in a week, he's deserving of all the scorn he's been getting. But he deserves some round back into game shape.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
The sheer amount of Umberger hate on this board is swinging him from "easily the most overrated Blue Jacket" (which probably applied to him from 2009-November 2011) to probably being the most undervalued Jacket (at present)

This coming from one of his bigger detractors.

He's been bad, but its been 3 games. If he's still this crappy in a week, he's deserving of all the scorn he's been getting. But he deserves some round back into game shape.

Heavy is the sweater than wears the A

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Heavy is the sweater than wears the A

RJ will get plenty of chances over the season to improve on his game. He hasn't played well, hopefully he starts. I don't know if its a "game shape" issue or not. We'll see.

bizzz*

I am just curious, did anyone say he was?

#2 turd in front of Mason? Brass had to be disaster for the team to deserve this honor. As I said I watched just half of the game. From what I remember Brassard set up Tyutin for the Jackets goal and a minute later Mason craps the bed. Somehow Brassard end up as a 2nd turd on the team. That's unfair to say it politely.
Also I agree on Dorsette. He's got no hockey sense whatsoever. His hockey IQ is below zero. He also took away a point from the Jackets in Detroit's game when he left Kronwall wide open.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
First and last comments I'll contribute.

Boy, when this team plays bad, they play REALLY bad. I wonder if Red Wing fans felt this way after losing 6-0 to the Blues?

I felt bad for Mason, until the 4th and 5th goals. He was bad, but nobody win that game in net based on how the boys played in front of him.

One bright spot for me was our PP. We had like 8 shots on goal in the first shift of one of the nights PP. Lababarra (sp) was good for that stretch or we may have trimmed the lead a little.

Frustration dictated our play which caused mental lapses, and stupid penalties (Brass, Dorse, JJ, etc).

Time to sit Boll for a night.

Put McK back in the line up please.

I assume we'll see Bob tonight, and if he plays well, again Sat night. Tough break for Mase, hang in there big guy, you'll get another shot at it.

My wife put it well this morning. If they're going to stink the joint up some nights, its best if its at 10pm EST, on a Wed night in the desert. I couldn't agree more.

Peace, Love, don't jump off any cliffs folks, we might just grab a point or two tonight, funny things happen sometimes after you get blown out.

bizzz*

At that moment when the Jackets had a lead and scoring chances were even Vermette shoots wide. Mason leaves the net to kick the puck with his pad straight at Sullivan. Sullivan scores into the wide open net. And someone feels sorry for Mason? That's kind of strange world.
I would have hit him with my stick if I was somewhere nearby at the moment.

Lixxiq

@Lixxiq
Jan 27, 2007
Augsburg, GER
Just switched on the game because I like RyJo a lot.

4-0:
What a bad bad pass by Prospal. Seriously, a good pass and Johansen can chip in, reach for it, but Prospal should have awarded the 2nd assist on Duchene's goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad