GDT: Game 28: Columbus vs. Tampa Bay | 12/3 7PM EST

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
That was the lowest lower bowl actual attendance of any game I have ever been to and I am an original STH. It was definitely less than half full. Not even close.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
While that was an impressive goal by Foligno it reminded me of my (few) memorable recovery shots in golf. Great when they happen but not a great way to achieve success long term.

If he starts shooting that way every time, then I'll start to be concerned about "success long term."

Last edited:

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
How about

Foligno - Johansen- Horton :nod:

Followed by:

Umberger-Anisimov-Gaborik
Calvert-Dubinsky-Atkinson
Letestu-MacKenzie-Comeau

That lineup can be shaken and stirred many ways and still look like a respectable NHL group. Mix in, send out, or move Boll, Skille, Tropp, Chaput? Certainly looks like more talent than we're used to. Is it enough? Bob's health and improved steadiness from the defense may decide that issue. I see things moving in the right direction. Not fast enough for those of us who have suffered with them for the past dozen years, but I still remain encouraged.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Followed by:

Umberger-Anisimov-Gaborik
Calvert-Dubinsky-Atkinson
Letestu-MacKenzie-Comeau

That lineup can be shaken and stirred many ways and still look like a respectable NHL group. Mix in, send out, or move Boll, Skille, Tropp, Chaput? Certainly looks like more talent than we're used to. Is it enough? Bob's health and improved steadiness from the defense may decide that issue. I see things moving in the right direction. Not fast enough for those of us who have suffered with them for the past dozen years, but I still remain encouraged.

I think I'd swap Dubinsky and Anisimov in your lineup, pete, but that's nitpicking. Even those four players on your "bench" are roster-worthy, and at the very least are an upgrade on past "depth." I wonder if we'll ever see this full lineup?

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
I think I'd swap Dubinsky and Anisimov in your lineup, pete, but that's nitpicking. Even those four players on your "bench" are roster-worthy, and at the very least are an upgrade on past "depth." I wonder if we'll ever see this full lineup?

You know, I swapped several of those guys around multiple times before I submitted the post. I think that's what finally impressed me about where the Jackets are - there seems to be more real NHL talent than I'm used to. Not Boston/Pittsburgh/Chicago level talent, but not the sad sack bunch I have been following for years, either.

You raise a good point, though, about availability. How many teams actually have their full lineup on the ice for most of the season? So it's not so much the topline talent that I'm intrigued by, it's that there is emerging talent in the wings to fill in. Not enough, of course, to make up for all the important players who have missed numerous games at the same time; but enough, in my estimation, to keep things afloat during the expected bumps and bruises that are inevitable in hockey. If they can put most of that cast together after the first of the year, I still believe they can be competitive in the Metro and make the second half of the season much more interesting and entertaining than past season have proven to be. Perhaps not to the level of last year's closing rush, but we can hope that not as much ground will be needed to be regained!

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
If they can put most of that cast together after the first of the year, I still believe they can be competitive in the Metro and make the second half of the season much more interesting and entertaining than past season have proven to be. Perhaps not to the level of last year's closing rush, but we can hope that not as much ground will be needed to be regained!

I like the way you think.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
I'll guess 5-6000 in the arena. Maybe 8 sections were half full in the entire arena. Most were a third full or less. The listed attendance of 10,223 is absurd.

The crowd size reminded me of the two Atlanta Thrashers midweek games which I attended. Fortunately, the Jackets are obliged to soldier on in Columbus and winning will take care of the attendance issue.

As for the game:laugh:

That was one slick goal by Foligno!!! He and Johansen have some great chemistry. Could be an amazing line if another winger could be found. LOL

Hats off to McIlhenny for the great job he did. Coming in cold trying to preserve a shoutout ain't easy.

34-0-0 now for the CBJ under Richards when leading after period 2.

Rewind the clip a little further (if you have it dvr'ed) and you'll see the other wing intercepting the puck just outside their blue line, which starts the sequence. RJ gets a lot of flack here, and alot of it is justified, but he's not all that bad imo.

Kington91

Apr 30, 2012
Grandview Heights
Rewind the clip a little further (if you have it dvr'ed) and you'll see the other wing intercepting the puck just outside their blue line, which starts the sequence. RJ gets a lot of flack here, and alot of it is justified, but he's not all that bad imo.

Sure that wasn't Comeau? I watched replay and Blake was in on the celebration hug so I think it was him not RJ - which is kind of funny. The few seconds he gets with Nick and Johansen and he is a plus.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
RJ gets a lot of flack here, and alot of it is justified, but he's not all that bad imo.

To be quite honest, Umberger has grown on me as the season has wore on. Not sure if he's totally returned to his old form but I think it's safe to say he's at least gotten over the dismal season he turned in last year. I've gotten more comfortable in my seat when he has the puck, not so nervous of a turnover or miscue. He's on a pretty decent pace in terms of points this year too, already has 14 in 28 games. Last year 18 in 48 games.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Sure that wasn't Comeau? I watched replay and Blake was in on the celebration hug so I think it was him not RJ - which is kind of funny. The few seconds he gets with Nick and Johansen and he is a plus.

I noticed there were 4 forwards in the celebration hug. Johansen, Foligno, Comeau, and Umberger.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
via @RedditCBJ

Baqp92_CQAAJ7Di.png:large

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
It also should be stated how much Richards is relying on Johansen now. He got 20:38 last night, more than Murray/Wisniewski. Took any face-off that Richards could give him in all the zones. Took the face-off with 6 or so seconds left in the game.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
That was the lowest lower bowl actual attendance of any game I have ever been to and I am an original STH. It was definitely less than half full. Not even close.

Worst fan attendance of the season... If this continues I may drop my belief that Columbus is a great hockey town..

As for RJ, he is playing 100% better than last season, not worth his pay but at least he is trying, and contributing.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Worst fan attendance of the season... If this continues I may drop my belief that Columbus is a great hockey town..

Because its fair to judge a team that's winning consistently, not scoring enough, not fighting enough (some people actually come for this), and the fact its a Tuesday night game. This isn't even mentioning the past of the franchise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad