GDT: Game 28: Columbus vs. Tampa Bay | 12/3 7PM EST

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
certainly not. we know the contempt the twitter folk have for HF. Surely no good hockey discussions happens here.

:)

I'm no NHL hockey expert by any means but HF in general is where news breaks imo, some of the best hockey minds are here.. All pro (paid) media folks should check here first before blabbing to the world.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
I wonder if it's ever occured to people on here who laugh at or otherwise make fun of the attendance that maybe they should consider...you know...going to the games themselves.

Light crowd for sure, midweek vs Tampa Bay without Stamkos. Hard to expect otherwise.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
1456069_10151847857603918_31218077_n.jpg

jesus, where's everyone? still hung over from the OSU game?

Attendance usually picks up after the New Year. If they keep winning the place will be full on weekends and 14,000 or so on the weeknights. Eventually a deep playoff run or two will bring back the casual fans.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Not on the Foligno for captain ship ... I like Nick Foligno and think he's a very good fit for this team, but I'm still with the "Dubinsky for captain" crew...

Love that we have some guys who show passion for winning, though. It's been far too long.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I always thought the foligno for captain stuff was a joke. I hope it was. I like the dude and he's important to the team but he seems too quiet to me. It seems to me they are waiting for one of the kids (Johansen, Jenner, Murray) to take the captaincy.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Not many on this team would even think to try this, let alone actually pull it off. Could well be the goal of the night in the NHL!

I think more like goal of the month. Maybe even of the year but we've seen a few others like it so probably not.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Not on the Foligno for captain ship ... I like Nick Foligno and think he's a very good fit for this team, but I'm still with the "Dubinsky for captain" crew...

Love that we have some guys who show passion for winning, though. It's been far too long.

Richards just stapled Foligno to the bench for his hotheadedness the other night, so I'm guessing a captaincy won't be going his way soon.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
The second and third periods were the kind of hockey I have been looking for. The intensity level was the same measure as during last year's run. Can they keep it up is the question.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
The second and third periods were the kind of hockey I have been looking for. The intensity level was the same measure as during last year's run. Can they keep it up is the question.

I agree. I'm also glad to watch a game that isn't a blowout. Rare treat.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Attendance usually picks up after the New Year. If they keep winning the place will be full on weekends and 14,000 or so on the weeknights. Eventually a deep playoff run or two will bring back the casual fans.

Maybe I'm too used to Vancouver, but 2/3 of lower bowl seats being empty is weak. :/

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
I wonder if it's ever occured to people on here who laugh at or otherwise make fun of the attendance that maybe they should consider...you know...going to the games themselves.

I'd be inclined more toward self-censorship; I'd rather not give the main boards and the vulture media any ammo.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Maybe I'm too used to Vancouver, but 2/3 of lower bowl seats being empty is weak. :/

Most of the lower bowl was not that empty, but 116 and 117 were particularly sparse tonight. Funny what 13 straight years of losing will do to a fan base. Good hockey city that's seen a ton of bad hockey.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 24s

Johansen is on pace for 29-29-58 this season, a breakout campaign. He's winning 52.9 percent of faceoffs, too.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Not many on this team would even think to try this, let alone actually pull it off. Could well be the goal of the night in the NHL!

Great clip Pete.... I can't say I've seen many moves as that before... Nick not only gets it done in the room he gets it done on the ice.... And lets not forget his major issues off the ice and in the new baby room too...

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio

Yeah. It sucks to see, and if I didnt work until this time over 2 hours away. Id be there. But at the same time the team doesn't make those weekday games any cheaper. Those lower bowl seats are not cheap. I randomly found great lower bowl seats on Craigslist for 30 bucks a ticket recently, but beyond that lucky find you're paying 70-90 to sit lower bowl in the corners, and more for center ice. Thats an expensive night out just to get through the doors.
I get that Toronto pays hundreds of for upper bowl, so it may seem like a copout excuse. But the front office isn't doing itself any favors getting people in those seats.

deetman

Oct 31, 2009
Philadelphia
Yeah. It sucks to see, and if I didnt work until this time over 2 hours away. Id be there. But at the same time the team doesn't make those weekday games any cheaper. Those lower bowl seats are not cheap. I randomly found great lower bowl seats on Craigslist for 30 bucks a ticket recently, but beyond that lucky find you're paying 70-90 to sit lower bowl in the corners, and more for center ice. Thats an expensive night out just to get through the doors.
I get that Toronto pays hundreds of for upper bowl, so it may seem like a copout excuse. But the front office isn't doing itself any favors getting people in those seats.

Actually, season ticket holders could get additional tickets to games for $10 (upper bowl I think) and $20 (lower and club I think) dollars up until today for select (read: most) games in December and January. Sure they are dipping into the same pot of people that already have tickets, but I'm sure it has helped get some additional folks in the door.

I hate the metro

Dec 22, 2008
Foligno at end of win

Is it just me, or does it seem like #71 is the last person to congratulate our goalie after a win? I remember multiple times seeing him be the last guy coming in with his arms stretched out yelling "BOBROVSKY". I saw it again tonight as he skated in last to give Curtis a big hug. Nothing important about it, other than an interesting behavior.

Also a great goal, go CBJ!

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Is it just me, or does it seem like #71 is the last person to congratulate our goalie after a win? I remember multiple times seeing him be the last guy coming in with his arms stretched out yelling "BOBROVSKY". I saw it again tonight as he skated in last to give Curtis a big hug. Nothing important about it, other than an interesting behavior.

Also a great goal, go CBJ!

Yes he is usually always the last guy to congratulate the goalie.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I'll guess 5-6000 in the arena. Maybe 8 sections were half full in the entire arena. Most were a third full or less. The listed attendance of 10,223 is absurd.

The crowd size reminded me of the two Atlanta Thrashers midweek games which I attended. Fortunately, the Jackets are obliged to soldier on in Columbus and winning will take care of the attendance issue.

As for the game:laugh:

That was one slick goal by Foligno!!! He and Johansen have some great chemistry. Could be an amazing line if another winger could be found. LOL

Hats off to McIlhenny for the great job he did. Coming in cold trying to preserve a shoutout ain't easy.

34-0-0 now for the CBJ under Richards when leading after period 2.

Last edited:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
While that was an impressive goal by Foligno it reminded me of my (few) memorable recovery shots in golf. Great when they happen but not a great way to achieve success long term.

Also I still can't believe that TB didn't score in the last second, I rewound and watched three or four times and swore the puck bounced out of the goal. Way to keep it exciting.:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad