GDT: [Game #27] Dallas Stars vs. Ottawa Senators - 7:30 PM CT (BSSW)

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
so i love that nils had two points, and i def want him to get more time..

but am i the only one who thought he regularly looked lost/out of position defensively? struck me as the d version of guri out there.

He's looked out of position because he has been, however he's not alone. Also, keep in mind that he's played less than 50 NHL games, so rookies usually look like that sometimes, especially if they're more built for an offensive game. I'm more concerned with the fact that he's not being used more effectively in offensive situations and Suter is being deployed instead.

Gurianov, on the other hand, has had over 200 NHL games and been given every opportunity in the lineup over the years and failed to do anything consistent with it or show much growth in his two-way game to make up for that inconsistency. Somehow, he actually looks worse in the more open, free-flowing system now than he did under Bowness. He has the speed of Hintz, but none of the other tools to even be an effective top six guy.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
In the post game show, the radio guys were openly discussing the Stars dumping Guri to AZ or someone, maybe with retention, etc. While I don't know if this is true, I do recall some instances in the past where the team was pretty open about such things. It sounded like more than pure speculation, although it was not presented as if anything was actually in the works.

It was probably just acknowledgment of the obvious. Guri had his show me one year contract and he hasm't shown much, despite PDB giving him top six minutes, at least early.

Reactions: Spotty 2 Hotty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad