GDT: Game 27: Columbus at Edmonton | 12/13 9PM

major major

Feb 18, 2013
No number one of the NHL draft, never have.....

But, Murray.... American, defense.

Hey now, that's the pride of Regina, Saskatchewan you're talking about. Murray and Scott Hartnell, same home town.

Games in the Metro division this year are going to be epic

It's all I want to see. We won't get quite as many points, but the rest of the league has just been a cakewalk, and I want to see the real thing.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Jones was the consensus #1 if that counts.

I don't think that counts. The #1 pick is the #1 pick, Jones was the 4th pick & we picked Wennberg with the 15th pick. I wouldn't trade either of them this is getting to be a lot of fun, and they are playing with such confidence that it is contagious for the fans

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Buckle your seat belts CBJ fans, save your money......

The CBJ look real and they have depth including the AHL winning Monsters....

This might be the year for a series win????

This fan is excited...

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Did Puljujarvi play ;)

Honestly they look like they are doing what the CBJ used to do. Glad to see us take a better approach to player development. Playing 10 minutes on the fourth line doesn't make much sense. But what do I know.

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Did Puljujarvi play ;)

Honestly they look like they are doing what the CBJ used to do. Glad to see us take a better approach to player development. Playing 10 minutes on the fourth line doesn't make much sense. But what do I know.

Rimer mentioned in the broadcast they're thinking strongly of sending him down to AAA.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
To be fair Puljujarvi has apparently been fighting injuries all year.

I expected us to stop them in the third and at least score one but when went full throttle with the turbo and used up 2 tanks of NOS. Would have likely gotten an empty netter if they didn't take a late penalty causing the to have to keep talbot in net.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Injuries that allowed him to continue to play through the spring and have so far allowed 22 NHL games games with one goal.

Correct. Players in all sports fight through injuries to try and help the team as much as they physically can but sometimes they are hurting the team more then helping. Right now it seems like his injuries are in the just enough to hurt production but not bad enough for him to want to sit. I think they should decide for him and give him a week or so to heal. Right now he's still ahead of Aho and Nutivaara.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
Personally I think there were no significant injuries as the last time the same excuse was used was in spring as why Puljujärvi didn't qualify for World Championship or World Cup team likewise to Aho and Laine despite continuing to play all the way through the spring 'with minor injuries'. Barkov junior for example had in his draft season a serious injury which took him out of the SM-liiga play-offs but did not exactly render him out of his talent the next autumn.

There are then non-marketing terms for Puljujärvi's recent displays such as biting the scabbard or scratching. It can happen when you feature in four and six games losing efforts in a row during the last couple months or contribute with one goal in every twenty or so games.

I believe what Aho and Nutivaara have done in their rookie seasons is impressive. It should not be taken for granted that SM-liiga champions with so peculiar skillsets can fill a hopscotsch efficiently and early on, adjusting from a meidän peli playbook to hockey of the coniferous forests, something which Puljujärvi has not even had to adapt hence his relatively successful beginning in the NHL.

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
I am so glad the Jackets only face Connor McDavid twice a year. He didn't actually convert anything tonight and he still looked by far the best skater on the ice, creating chances out of nothing on several occasions. The kid is unbelievable. Tonight, though, Bobrovsky was better. That save on Pitlick was miraculous.

Other notes from tonight:

- Wild Bill Karlsson's offensive game has improved by leaps and bounds from last season. He's quick, creative, and playing with confidence, a far cry from last year, when he often seemed timid and wasn't using his skills to put points on the board. And his defensive game is just as sound as ever.

- Seth Jones is a superstar. He hasn't gotten his due around the league yet because his game isn't the kind of thing that makes a lot of highlight reels, but if you just watch him in the defensive zone you'll quickly see just how good he is. At one point in this game the Oilers had a two-on-one break and Jones shut it down all on his own and took the puck away cleanly.

- Jack Johnson continues to play better than I ever thought him capable of.

- Great to have Foligno back. He adds a dimension of toughness and strength on the puck that the team looked to be lacking against Detroit and early against the Islanders.

I absolutely love this team. I wish the next game was sooner than Friday.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Very brutal PK by Calvert. Bob completely bailed out his poor play.

Per Portzline:

"Early in the second, as the Oilers swirled on the power play, Blue Jackets defenseman David Savard broke his stick and was forced to toss it aside. Seconds later, Matt Calvert gave his stick to Savard, but Calvert is a left shot and Savard a right shot.

So Savard was left with a stick curved in the wrong direction, which is why he failed tremendously -- hilariously, in highsight -- on an attempted clear.
"When it comes to clearing a puck, we were down, essentially, to two guys on the PK," Cavlert said. "But Bob bailed us out again. he made some great saves back there, especially the shoulder save on McDavid (at 3:40 of the 2nd)."

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Personally I think there were no significant injuries as the last time the same excuse was used was in spring as why Puljujärvi didn't qualify for World Championship or World Cup team likewise to Aho and Laine despite continuing to play all the way through the spring 'with minor injuries'. Barkov junior for example had in his draft season a serious injury which took him out of the SM-liiga play-offs but did not exactly render him out of his talent the next autumn.

There are then non-marketing terms for Puljujärvi's recent displays such as biting the scabbard or scratching. It can happen when you feature in four and six games losing efforts in a row during the last couple months or contribute with one goal in every twenty or so games.

I believe what Aho and Nutivaara have done in their rookie seasons is impressive. It should not be taken for granted that SM-liiga champions with so peculiar skillsets can fill a hopscotsch efficiently and early on, adjusting from a meidän peli playbook to hockey of the coniferous forests, something which Puljujärvi has not even had to adapt hence his relatively successful beginning in the NHL.
I'm pretty sure he had surgery and couldn't play in the WC and couldn't even participate in the combine drills.

SM-Liiga champions<AHL champions so I don't know why that matters and you bring it up. Maybe Nutivaara would be a little better in his development had he came over to play with a real team in Cleveland with real coaches. Right now he has been struggling especially compared to his rookie counterpart on the team. Puljujarvi on the other hand is doing what he can fighting through injuries and still staying up here. Just shows that Nutivaara while a good young player needs more seasoning while Puljujarvi just needs to get healthy.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
If you do make the World Championship squad, you are not exactly a shoo-in to the World Cup team. Puljujärvi is healthy already given that he has played what over 30 games, exhibitions including, after his surgery. No recalls in the draft.

SM-Liiga champions<AHL champions so I don't know why that matters and you bring it up. Maybe Nutivaara would be a little better in his development had he came over to play with a real team in Cleveland with real coaches. Right now he has been struggling especially compared to his rookie counterpart on the team.

How many ice hockey teams do they have in Cleveland? I thought the Blue Jackets were affiliated with the kinder garden Monsters. I doubt Nutivaara had better offers on the table than another year with an Eurasian elite team. Currently he is a regular for top team in the NHL so I guess it has worked out for him just fine.

Werenski has nine points on the power play, Nutivaara has none. On regular play Werenski has nine points, Nutivaara has five. I do not see how either are exactly underperforming if one rookie plays the role, especially given how valuable to the newborn mind of the team both are now and going forward. It is like putting money into the bank. While laughing the whole way to bank.

I like the chance Nuti has been given to work on his game, since after all he is still a young rookie and even inexperienced although a very established one, champion and all.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Good idea. He would be well served to play some big minutes in the AHL for a while.

Loved when Porty asked Torts about the slow starts lately :laugh:

Yep, and Torts had already addressed it, so we knew it wasn't going to be a nice reaction.

Don't poke the bear Porty.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
This concept of being so excited that I can't wait for the next game is soooooo new to me.

blupye*

Jul 6, 2011
Nova Scotia
Oiler fan here. You guys have a great team. I see playoffs and who knows what else. We were tired but you completely owned us in the 3rd. I think we had 2 or 3 shots

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad