Gustavsson

Scratches
Hendricks

Injured
Davidson, Fayne, Ference, Gryba, Nurse, Parkainen, Pulujuarvi

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
I have no idea what to expect from this game, or using a longer lens, from this road trip. But December is 12+ days old and the CBJ have yet to lose; 5-0.

If the CBJ finish the remaining 9 games this month going 5-4, I would be happy. Any combination of 10 additional points would be acceptable.

But if they take 5 or 6 points on this road trip, its likely my human nature takes over and I begin to get greedy. Just play well is all I ask.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
My bro is at the game .. So jealous.

It's been years since you can look at the Oilers lines and not expect to see 5 or so D on the injured list.

Interested to see Caggiula on the top line.

Does Nuti get burned by McDavid tonight? I mean they all will, but he couldn't handle the Wings. McLellan might try and get that matchup.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I really want Nutivaara to go get some seasoning in the AHL. He has been rough in many more games then impressive. Honestly I'd rather have Prout playing because he was performing well this year. Can't wait for Carlsson and Gavrikov to be on the big club.

We are due for a loss so it might be tonight. Going to guess 3-1 with Draisaitl getting 1 and Puljujarvi the another one as insult to injury. Our 1 goal will be Foligno coming back from a bad case of ebolaids. An Aids/Ebola combo.

I would love to see someone get a solid blow up hit on McDavid though and have Lucic try to step up to Nicky Fligs so the captain can knock him out.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
I take Nutivaara over any other extra dman we have. I dont understand how people could want Prout, who is terrible in his own zone and Harrington who looks more like a nervous wreck over Nutivaara who got beat one two plays and all of a sudden is terrible. I didnt really notice aything bad against the Islanders. How young is he? Young dmen dont just understand everything all of a sudden in the NHL.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
We always seem to have trouble at Edmonton. Would like to see us go at least 2-1 on this trip, and at worst, 1-1-1. 3-0 would be outstanding, but probably not realistic.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
We always seem to have trouble at Edmonton. Would like to see us go at least 2-1 on this trip, and at worst, 1-1-1. 3-0 would be outstanding, but probably not realistic.

My thoughts exactly.

Any point that the Jackets get out of this game is a good one.

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
As with all things Oilers it basically comes down to McDavid. If Jones/Werenski can play his line relatively well then we should be able to be them. It will be interesting as I think this is the #1 forward of the future vs the best defensive pair of the future.

Daytonian

Nov 6, 2014
Dayton OH
Lucic

Actually, it's Lucic who gives us the most trouble. He's not the most talented, but he is big and brutal. He may try to intimidate our youngster. He may even be looking to avenge his TKO. We need someone who will have Lucic looking over his shoulder and disrupt his game. Or, we can be fast and outskate him.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Jackets haven't played well in Edmonton the last several visits. Lots of speed and skill with those forwards. Better chance for W's in Calgary and Vancouver. Sensing a 4-2 type of loss tonight. Really hope I'm wrong.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Actually, it's Lucic who gives us the most trouble. He's not the most talented, but he is big and brutal. He may try to intimidate our youngster. He may even be looking to avenge his TKO. We need someone who will have Lucic looking over his shoulder and disrupt his game. Or, we can be fast and outskate him.

The CBJ will not out-skate McDavid. They might out-hustle the team and out think them.

Here is where the game might turn. Darnell Nurse is out 8-12 weeks with ankle surgery. Edmonton has given up 85 goals (with Nurse). The CBJ have given up 56.

Talbot - .916 and 2.55
Gustavsson - .893 and 2.90

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
Does Nuti get burned by McDavid tonight? I mean they all will, but he couldn't handle the Wings. McLellan might try and get that matchup.

Only one thing is certain. Markus Nutivaara will be a future Stanley Cup champion, Connor McDavid won't be.

Heinze 57

Jan 3, 2009
Cincinnati, Oh
Always had some weird juju in Rexall no matter what lineup the Oilers were putting out there. Hoping the new arena's friendlier.

But I wouldn't be surprised by an off-night from the CBJs.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Only one thing is certain. Finnish birds are cannibals and horseless carriages don't pull themselves.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I think that this is a different Jackets team and that they are capable of a different result than we have had before in Edmonton.

CBJ Alien

Jun 29, 2016
columbus ohio
definitely not on the same page as these posters above. I feel this team is focused. they know mcdavid and his cronies' game, Im confident we can shut them down or even fly with them when need be. feeling a 4-1 cbj victory. big return game from foligno.

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
I wonder if Jesse P. will draw in tonight. He'd probably have a chip on his shoulder to try and burn the team that passed on him. I'm interested to watch this one.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Only one thing is certain. Finnish birds are cannibals and horseless carriages don't pull themselves.

I'd look at that as two things but collectively I guess they are one. I'm finnished.

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Toronto and Winnipeg passed on him, too. I suppose it might matter to JP that the CBJ GM is a fellow Finn, but...

True, but he was by most accounts the consensus 3rd pick. It wasn't a shock when Toronto or to a lesser extent when Winnipeg passed on him.

I wouldn't be too shocked to see him go the route of Yakupov. Lots of raw skill, but doesn't have what it takes between the ears. If I had to guess, thats what Jarmo thought as well. Other GMs may have chalked it up to language barrier and whatnot, but JK was able to see what others couldn't. Who knows? But I hope he plays tonight.

Do the NHL prospects do a test similar to the Wonderlic?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad