GDT: Game 26: Red Wings vs sens 7:00 pm et 12/9/23 (ESPN+, BSD)

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
That's part of what was so frustrating last night. In isolation Perron's crosscheck stands out as vicious so people on the main boards kept focusing on that. But if you're a fan watching the game in real time, it looked like Larkin was dead or at least paralyzed. He wasn't just out cold, he was lying face down on the ice in a really awkward position. It looked like we had just witnessed a life changing injury.

Couldn’t have said it better myself. I’m still trying to get over seeing it live

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
I wonder what George Parros would have done had that been his teammate and captain.
I'm pretty sure people would be picking pieces of someone's face -- whether they were involved in the incident or not -- out of their beer ten rows up.

stillwater

cellar door
Mar 17, 2011
I'm pretty sure people would be picking pieces of someone's face -- whether they were involved in the incident or not -- out of their beer ten rows up.

But now he stands as David Perron's judge and jury. Only in the NHL.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Sens are irrelevant and their fans just can't process that.

yeah I really do think that's why some of them are so aggressive

a lot of them kept popping up in offseason threads thinking they were actually good and that definitely hasn't been the case

and Chychrun hasn't even gotten injured yet this year you know that's coming dudes about as good at staying healthy as Fabbri is

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
1702238667058.png

This is such incredibly relieving news. Really hope he takes his time recovering and comes back when the time is right. This is about more than hockey. We just have to keep moving forward. This adversity is going to make it that much sweeter when Dylan lifts the cup over his head.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Players aren't medical professionals (Dr Recchi excluded) so you don't want them messing around with Larkin. It's not like they were stepping on him like the Hawks did to Havlat...

Reactions: JediOrderPizza

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
Yeah not really sure what Sens fans wanted them to do...pretty sure it was obvious to all medical staff in the building that our captain was lifeless on the ice, but yeah good on them I guess for calling for them after their player tried to injure him for a second time?

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
You guys made me go check out the posts on the main page and now I feel dumber. Apparently Sens fans acting like their players are saints or some shit. "Look they're all forming a protective wall around the poor helpless opponent that they knocked the f*** out cold!"

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
So I’m guessing it’s looking more and more Larkin was just KOed right? So potential concussion is the worry now?
For what it's worth (probably not a lot), a doctor reviewed the video and said that contact to neck which was the case here (see *) can cause someone to lose consciousness. The video replays revealed the situation per *.

Inspiration

Jul 10, 2013
Detroit is in a bit of a tight spot with their roster right now with Perron's impending suspension. Perron will still count on their roster during the suspension, which means they're effectively stuck with 12 forwards (since they're rostering 7 defensemen and 3 goalies). Larkin is almost certainly out on Monday and Compher's status is up in the air as well. One, if not both, are likely going to need to go on IR.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Last night will be the defining moment for this generation of this franchise...

Two paths..

They either come out flying playing as one group, using what happened as motivation towards a playoff berth. Or, they come out soft, whimper and use what happened as an excuse towards another season failure.

It really is that simple.

Let's see what they're made of

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017

Two paths..

They either come out flying playing as one group, using what happened as motivation towards a playoff berth. Or, they come out soft, whimper and use what happened as an excuse towards another season failure.

Yeah I agree with you about seeing how they respond. It will be made a little tougher in that both Larkin and Compher may not play and the Stars aren’t a pushover however

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden

Two paths..

I mean they’ll be without their top 2 centers and Perron. Teams can’t just decide to win.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
It starts next game but it dosent end next game.. teams have overcome challenges before in professional sports..

That said effort and dedication are 100% internal factors..it truly is up to them
They have to figure out how to minimize odd man rushes. They can't will themselves to a higher skill level. Compete level, yeah.

Reactions: jkutswings

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
We will lose way more than we win by trying to grind it out. We suck at it. Play offense. Own the puck. When we start just flipping the puck out of our zone and giving the opposition free license to come at us in waves for a full period it's just a matter of time before we lose. We don't have the horses to clamp down like the '08 Wings had. We need to keep pushing offense to control the puck and burn down the clock.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Thankfully we have Kane and he looks good. If there’s a chance to win games without the captain, JT and Perron it’s with him.

It’s going to be a tough ride though without them and Kane, ADB and Raymond gotta pop off.

I think they’ll get points, but this next stretch is going to determine our season. IMO

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
Thankfully we have Kane and he looks good. If there’s a chance to win games without the captain, JT and Perron it’s with him.

It’s going to be a tough ride though without them and Kane, ADB and Raymond gotta pop off.

I think they’ll get points, but this next stretch is going to determine our season. IMO

I would also argue that, if Ras wants to prove his value to the team, now is the time to turn that corner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad