GDT: Game 26: Los Angeles @ Coyotes | 3-12-13 | 7PM MST | FS Arizona

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Klinkhammer's first couple of games are reminiscent of Nick Johnson's. I hope Klinkhammer is more consistent, though. The fourth line has been a funny thing this season, hasn't it? Chipchura looked like a world beater for a few games and even Biz had that three game point streak, and has really been doing a great impression of a useful hockey player all season. Then you've got Torres, who's new identity has been a great success, and Gordon who is obviously just flat out awesome. With Brown waiting in the wings, we've got some tough choices to make concerning personnel for the bottom line.

Same goes for the last few D spots. Stone is really establishing himself as a good player. Stone has looked solid. Schlemko is due back, and Rundblad obviously has unique qualities. Tough calls there, too.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Klinkhammer's first couple of games are reminiscent of Nick Johnson's. I hope Klinkhammer is more consistent, though. The fourth line has been a funny thing this season, hasn't it? Chipchura looked like a world beater for a few games and even Biz had that three game point streak, and has really been doing a great impression of a useful hockey player all season. Then you've got Torres, who's new identity has been a great success, and Gordon who is obviously just flat out awesome. With Brown waiting in the wings, we've got some tough choices to make concerning personnel for the bottom line.

Same goes for the last few D spots. Stone is really establishing himself as a good player. Stone has looked solid. Schlemko is due back, and Rundblad obviously has unique qualities. Tough calls there, too.
I agree on all fronts!!

Klink is showing high hockey IQ and a couple more strong games will solidify a full-time spot on the 3rd/checking line. This also allows Chip to move into his normal spot on the 4th line, where he belongs and where he's most successful. Raffi is a very good player and incredibly versitle......can play on the 4th line one shift and 2nd line the next. The ability to roll-out all 4 lines on a consistent basis is critical in the short-season, as is the ability to rest a guy on back-to-backs and/or 3 games in 4 nights. When Vrby and Lombo return we'll see guys really battling for ice time which is a problem Tip will love to have.

Re: Stone......he's a Top 4 D-man at this point along with OEL, Yandle and Z. Playing with loads of confidence and is being rewarded with both PP and PK time. He's a winner.

pacerhimself

Mar 17, 2012
I think so far the biggest thing that Stone brings to the lineup is big physicality. He is doing really well at smashing people in front of the net and keeping things clear. Removing scoring chances by playing the body and when he has the puck he's been making smart decisions.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
LOL. If I have one fault of Tipp, its his strategy of going into a defensive shell when we have the lead. We have lost so many games in the past two years doing that. Why do this time give up so many goals or chances the last minute of the period?

Apparently he hasn't watched any football and doesn't know that the "prevent defense" only prevents you from winning.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I wish Boyd Gordon had some semblance of offense to his game. It's almost like he is so good at everything else, he figured he could let that part of his game completely go. He neuters any line he is on. I would not want to play with him as a linemate. Hard, hard minutes with little scoring possible. He should be the 4th line center, not Chipchura. Get 2 warm bodies that can skate to be his wings. Because that's all they will be with him as center.

Don't get me wrong, he is a major part of the team and its identity. But he could be making twice the money he is now if he could reliably crack 35 pts.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Gordon should never be a 3rd C, always a 4th and top PK C. That's why I view Chipchura more as a LW long-term.

1. LW-C-RW
2. LW-C-RW
3. Torres-C-RW
4. Chipchura-Gordon-RW
Bissonnette

Which is also why I don't see much room for Klinkhammer, long-term. Of course, he is the one who controls that. If he plays out of his mind, he could steal either Torres or Chipchura's spot (not Biz, though, because Klinkhammer is a TERRRIBLE fighter). I suppose we could always move a LW to RW, but that gives us three LHS on the 4th line (there are worse things, but still not preferable).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad