GDT: Game 26: Los Angeles @ Coyotes | 3-12-13 | 7PM MST | FS Arizona

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
h345

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
How can anyone not like Boeds? This kid is awesome... Might have to get his jersey..

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Everyone on the team was a plus, save for Bissonnette and Korpikoski. That's pretty incredible.

Klinkhammer is the best name in hockey.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Posters on the Kings board calling us cry baby's and that we are still mad about the WCF. Pretty sure none of us have even mentioned that tonight? :laugh:

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Hey would anyone be so kind as to summarize the gist of Tippett's presser? I missed it while I was out and about.

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
Hey would anyone be so kind as to summarize the gist of Tippett's presser? I missed it while I was out and about.

- Boeds had as good an offensive game as he's had in a while. Had talked to him about holding the puck more rather than giving it away right away, saw the results of that on his goals tonight.
- Didn't like the teams defense in the 3rd, thought they played on their heels.
-Klesla filled in for Z well playing with OEL. Thought Stone and Summers played well together.

Posters on the Kings board calling us cry baby's and that we are still mad about the WCF. Pretty sure none of us have even mentioned that tonight? :laugh:

It was never brought up. But they say that in any Yotes related thread on the main boards as well when its never even brought up so I'm not surprised. Best to just laugh at the absurdity of them crying over non-existent crying and move on.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
We were mad about that for like 10 minutes. Seriously, it was more like OMG WE WON TWO PLAYOFF ROUNDS!!!!! :highclap:

Seriously this.

I couldn't believe it... first round I thought, we will probably get murdered and then we survived. Then I thought second round we would get murdered and we survived. I'm ecstatic we got to the WCF, the farthest we have ever advanced. It was like a mini-Stanley Cup for us.

coyotes

Mar 8, 2013
Yotes win a few and jump to 4th or 6th seed then with a few loses back down to 10th. We need a nice winning streak going so we dont fall down to far. Id like to see us with 5 in a row or at least 4 out of 5 games.

You can't look at it that way. This is the playoffs right now. Look at our schedule. Every opponent is competitive right now. To win 4 or 5 in a row is asking a lot and unrealistic. If it happens great, but if it doesn't happen, I'm not disappointed. You just have to get into the playoffs and it's anyone's game. This isn't like the NBA where you have some gimme wins against weak opponents. With the shortened season, it's like the playoffs already started.

The only recent losses that I felt were bad ones were the losses to Edmonton and Calgary back to back. We should have won both those games and we controlled them and we lost focus and gave them up. The other losses since then were justified because those were competitive teams who could win on any given night.

coyotes

Mar 8, 2013
Klinkhammer is a keeper. Even without this goal he's been great.

This guy is a freaking stud. What's scary is there is so much hidden talent on this team and it's coming out. This team is so deep it's ridiculous. I was joking with my wife that if you play for the Coyotes, you have to feel left out if you don't have at least 5 goals :laugh:

Shepard

Apr 13, 2012
Rewatching Klinkhammer's goal, I thought it was pretty funny how a Kings player bowls over Quick. :laugh:

- Boeds had as good an offensive game as he's had in a while. Had talked to him about holding the puck more rather than giving it away right away, saw the results of that on his goals tonight.
- Didn't like the teams defense in the 3rd, thought they played on their heels.
-Klesla filled in for Z well playing with OEL. Thought Stone and Summers played well together.

This could be the beginning of something awesome.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Stone has had really good game the last few times out. He's definitely coming into his own, and what we've seen of Summers tonight has been pretty good too.

I agree. I had Summers written off earlier in the year. I think this was his best game in a Yotes uniform. He has to get more involved to have success in the NHL, and tonight he did.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
This guy is a freaking stud. What's scary is there is so much hidden talent on this team and it's coming out. This team is so deep it's ridiculous. I was joking with my wife that if you play for the Coyotes, you have to feel left out if you don't have at least 5 goals :laugh:

I wouldn't call him a stud, but he has played very well since been called up. He skates very well, is fast and physical. He finishes his checks, something that very few of our forwards do.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Looks like our default strategy of sitting back and holding on to the lead is working like a charm.

:sarcasm:

LOL. If I have one fault of Tipp, its his strategy of going into a defensive shell when we have the lead. We have lost so many games in the past two years doing that. Why do this time give up so many goals or chances the last minute of the period?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad