GDT: Game 26: Knights @ Coyotes - 6PM - FSAZ - Oh another game already?

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
I love how the Coyotes just left the net open there at the end. Didn't even think to at least try to stop the inevitable shot.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
I'm just straight up blaming OEL for the entire loss. One unbelievably stupid play on the PP and it handed Vegas all the momentum and the game.

Reactions: kbay and Yandover

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
I think that marks the 8th short handed goal against this season. Seriously need to get your f***ing shit together on the power plays.

Reactions: Yandover

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I'm just straight up blaming OEL for the entire loss. One unbelievably stupid play on the PP and it handed Vegas all the momentum and the game.

He had a chance to get it at the net off a faceoff win there at the end and instead tried to force it to someone that was well covered. Him and Domi need to get their shit together.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Defense, goal tending and mistakes. Vegas was better in all 3 areas and is why they won. We hung in there, played pretty well, though, even after we dug a hole.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Depressing game. Just when it seems like things have improved they show they still screw up.

Reminder: Coyotes have lost all 3 games against Las Vegas.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Tocchett needs to get Keller away from Richardson. I don't mind Keller being w/Fischer, he's a puck hound and is great along the wall, but Richardson can't do anything.

You can see how that dumb Demers penalty just sucked the life out of the team. They were rolling and it just screwed everything up.

Reactions: Yandover and RemoAZ

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Man we just can't bury shots. Soooooo frustrating. Lots of good looks. Hopefully that trend turns around for them.

I agree that Keller needs to get with two good offensive players. Richardson simply doesn't belong with him. It's really doing a disservice to both players, asking too much of Richardson and stifling Keller.

LOVE Star Wars night. Yeah, I'm a nerd. I own that shit!

Hate, hate, hate embellishment. Neal really should get fined for that shit and the ref should be reprimanded for falling for it hook, line and sinker. I think the NHL should get serious about reviewing those calls and handing out stiff fines. That shit is for the NBA. It's and embarrassment in the NHL.

And can we get some consistency with goalie interference? That's a completely different game if we don't lose a goal because the jersey brushed the goalie outside the crease. That's just horrible.

Had fun tonight but I deserved to see a win damnit!

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
We seriously need to stop sucking for an entire period. Our 2nd period sunk us tonight. Demers also needs to stop being a complete moron. I'm not sure I've ever watched a player who can be so good at times, and make the dumbest mistakes in the world at others. It's like there's two of him. Connauton and Schenn weren't awful, so at least there's that.
That Perlini goal made me make a noise I can't repeat or explain. It was part exclamation, part question, part celebration, and all incomprehensible.

Reactions: Sthlmyote

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I took so many pictures. I also announced every character to my wife. Hey look mandalorians, hey a twi'lek. Even after 6 years, I think the depths of my nerdery shock her sometimes.

I'm going to the Philippines on vacation so I'll get to see the new movie a day earlier than everybody else! Well except the Filipinos. Yep, that's one of the things I'm looking forward to on my vacation in another country haha

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I noticed that the players still hesitate. A split second before passing or shooting. Thus ripping off the play and banking so many blocked passes and shots. I. Remain absolutely fed up with the poor coaching.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
He recorded 1 goal and 1 assist tonight for Tucson. It's better to leave him there and let him overcook and avoid this disaster.

I disagree. Better to give him time to gel with teammates like Domi, Keller, Duclair, Perline, etc, that he'll be playing and hopefully winning with starting next season. He's proven he can dominate the AHL already.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I'm going to the Philippines on vacation so I'll get to see the new movie a day earlier than everybody else! Well except the Filipinos. Yep, that's one of the things I'm looking forward to on my vacation in another country haha
*books flight to Philippines*

Reactions: RemoAZ

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Well, everybody has trouble with the Knights. I think it's starting to get weird the number 3 OA in the 2015-draft still is in the minors, though, if you look down the list you have to go to the Lada-player at 12 OA to find someone with less games in the NHL now. With Strome, Chychryn back and Raanta back, the future should be a whole lot brighter though.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Domi needs to start taking shots, I understand he’s a playmaker, but the guy try’s for the highlight reel pass on every odd man rush when he could get himself an easy scoring chance. Going back to Stepan on that 3 on 2 rather than shooting when he had subban moving over would have been a hell of a lot better than trying to gonfor the pass.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Defense, goal tending and mistakes. Vegas was better in all 3 areas and is why they won. We hung in there, played pretty well, though, even after we dug a hole.

I would say goal tending and special teams is what killed us. We also made our fair share of mistakes as well, but getting behind by three goals in today's NHL is very hard to overcome.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Man we just can't bury shots. Soooooo frustrating. Lots of good looks. Hopefully that trend turns around for them.

I agree that Keller needs to get with two good offensive players. Richardson simply doesn't belong with him. It's really doing a disservice to both players, asking too much of Richardson and stifling Keller.

LOVE Star Wars night. Yeah, I'm a nerd. I own that ****!

Hate, hate, hate embellishment. Neal really should get fined for that **** and the ref should be reprimanded for falling for it hook, line and sinker. I think the NHL should get serious about reviewing those calls and handing out stiff fines. That **** is for the NBA. It's and embarrassment in the NHL.

And can we get some consistency with goalie interference? That's a completely different game if we don't lose a goal because the jersey brushed the goalie outside the crease. That's just horrible.

Had fun tonight but I deserved to see a win damnit!

I agree it was a bad call, but it evens out over the year. The one in TO could have gone the other way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad