GDT: Game 25: Red Wings vs sharks 7:00 pm et 12/7/23 (ESPN+, BSD)

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Not a lot of love for Fabbri around here considering he's scoring at a 55 goal pace
People hate Fabbri. They hate, hate, hate. And then they say things like, "oh, I don't hate him, I just don't like that he's injured so often." Or, "oh, I don't hate him, but he can't play defense." Or, "No, I don't hate him, it's just that I hate him." THEY HATE HIM. Everyone hates him. I'm pretty sure Jesus said, "hate not the talented, hard-working winger who gets injured, lest ye be injured!" And yet people just keep on hating him, thumbing their nose at Jesus, tempting fate. It's wild, man.

Last edited:

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
People hate Fabbri. They hate, hate, hate. And then they say thing like, "oh, I don't hate him, I just don't like that he's injured so often." "Or, "oh, I don't hate him, but he can't play defense." Or, "No, I don't hate him, it's just that I hate him." THEY HATE HIM. Everyone hates him. I'm pretty sure Jesus said, "hate not the talented, hard-working winger who gets injured, lest ye be injured!" And yet people just keep on hating him, thumbing their nose at Jesus, tempting fate. It's wild, man.

69629818.jpg

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
People hate Fabbri. They hate, hate, hate. And then they say thing like, "oh, I don't hate him, I just don't like that he's injured so often." "Or, "oh, I don't hate him, but he can't play defense." Or, "No, I don't hate him, it's just that I hate him." THEY HATE HIM. Everyone hates him. I'm pretty sure Jesus said, "hate not the talented, hard-working winger who gets injured, lest ye be injured!" And yet people just keep on hating him, thumbing their nose at Jesus, tempting fate. It's wild, man.
I liked Fabbri once but then a bird flew into my tailipe and blew the whole secondary warp coupling. I've hated him ever since.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Not a lot of love for Fabbri around here considering he's scoring at a 55 goal pace

What I love most about Fabbri and what I'm guessing is one of the things Yzerman saw in him is the dude is an absolute gamer.

His lower body is probably 50% cadaver parts at this point but he always plays like he cares and isn't afraid to go anywhere and get into it.

If it was possible to frankenstein Fabbri's compete level (yes I said it) with Mantha's body and skillset it'd be an elite first line player.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
What I don't like about Fabs on the 1st line is that it sort of turns Ray back into the puck retriever. I like it better when he can be a playmaker/ offensive focus guy. He can do it (see Larkin, DBC, Ray Line) but it does effect his offensive output when he has to be the puck retriever.

As for Veleno centering line 2, I don't mind it at all. He can be the puck retriever and defensive guy like he was doing with Larks/Ray. Having his wheels will help with the breakout for that line, and Kane (going off older playing ability) distributes the puck like a center typically would. So you can pair him with less of a standard playmaking center and still have a very effective line when he is paired with a sniper like DBC.

Now with all that said, its all going to depend on what pace Kane can play with. He may end up being a 3rd/4th liner at even strength and top line PP guy if his hip doesn't let him skate like we hope.

Reactions: Winged Wheel Willy

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Aww, but Olczyk is such a universally likeable guy. You just HATE to see it. :naughty:
Honestly when I used to listen to local sports radio my dislike for him slightly waned when I wasn't listening to him ever talk about the Wings, but over the past couple TNT seasons I remembered why I thought he blew chunks. f*** Eddie O.

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010

I suck at forums, cant make the video show up like most people, have to click the link

Last edited:

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
"The old song says that the shark bites with his teeth, but never gets any red on him. The San Jose Sharks have been showing lots of bite lately, and don't seem content to swim along in the depths any longer. For Detroit we do indeed have someone getting some red on them, and that someone is of course Patrick Kane in a Red Wings jersey for the first time. Kaner's big question mark at this point in his career is his health but Wings' players and fans alike are hoping that he can use that question mark as a hook tonight, and help drag the Sharks where they don't want to be."

- Plausible Keats

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
Yeah, I understood the case is very minor thing, but because we have roster luxury, they just rest these guys.
Henkka, your name came up during the last game thread, and I have two things to say to you:

1) You, sir, are a hockey genius. You predicted we'd be an offensive juggernaut because of our depth. You were right.

2) I apologize for mistaking you for...a Swede. I cannot apologize enough for such a loathsome insinuation.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
Henkka, your name came up during the last game thread, and I have two things to say to you:

1) You, sir, are a hockey genius. You predicted we'd be an offensive juggernaut because of our depth. You were right.

2) I apologize for mistaking you for...a Swede. I cannot apologize enough for such a loathsome insinuation.
The only way to atone is to make him...

A SAMPO!!!!!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad