GDT: Game 25 | Pittsburgh Penguins vs Tampa Bay Lightning | 7PM | "Hockey" "Game"

Status
Not open for further replies.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
One point I wanted to make in relation to our argument earlier is there is no way this team is as bad as it looks and wasn't it just last December where we lost one game all month?

We could really easily be 1st in our division if Sheahan starts showing chemistry with Kessel and Jake and Malkin comes back and dominates with Hags and Rust or they bring up Sprong for Geno.

Sheary - Crosby - Hornqvist
Guentzel - Sheahan - Kessel
Rust - Malkin - Sprong
Hagelin - McKegg - Rowney
Reaves

Play Sprong like 12-13 minutes of just pure offensive zone starts with Malkin and piece together a 2nd or 3rd line with whoever isn't playing with Malkin so he is hitting his typical minutes.

I'd put Rust on L4 RW. it gives us a Cullen type guy who can carry and make a 4th line good. And he'd be playing on his correct wing.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Ive actually missed Kunitz after seeing the sad sack of %%%% we have playing in our bottom six, but then I have to remind myself that Kunitz would be playing with Sid if he was still here.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Ive actually missed Kunitz after seeing the sad sack of %%%% we have playing in our bottom six, but then I have to remind myself that Kunitz would be playing with Sid if he was still here.

If anyone ever misses Kunitz, they need to remember this.

I never do, but there are some wistful folks out there.

Coach Travis

Back2Back!!!
Jun 29, 2005
Thunder Bay, Ontario
bucketdecals.com
On NHL.com they have a 12-minute video dedicated to the best saves of the first quarter of the NHL season. It seemed like the Pens were coming up lots so I stopped it, and counted from the beginning: 70 highlight saves, 7 of them with the Pens being the victim (Kessel twice, Guentzel twice, Rust, Hagelin, Horny).

It's nothing super scientific or major, I just found it interesting that 10% of the saves under "highway robbery" featured a Penguin shooter.

BTW, Matt Murray was in 3 of the highlights.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
The other night against Washington he made a turnover and half assed backchecked which led to a goal. I just started laughing.

Par for the course. :laugh:

I'd still take Kunitz for our 4th line over the ****ing benders they went with.

But the question isn't whether you'd prefer Kunitz on the 4th line over, say...Kuhn. The question is whether you'd prefer Kunitz on the 1st line to Kuhn on the 4th.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
Not getting the Cole healthy scratch again. Maybe he’s sick or just nicked up a bit?

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Why is Cole being sat? I haven't noticed him in a bad way or in a good way. Just kinda okay. Which is what he is. Dont get that move, he's better than Hunwick and Ruh.

And no Archibald again....he's better than Reaves,Kuhn and Rowney, especially Rowney. My god is he useless. Archibalds speed alone makes him better than those three.

Reactions: Coach Travis

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I see we are going the stack the top two lines approach again.....Guentzel should be 3C. Gives us three lines that are semi capable.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
All hands on deck. We're swiftly approaching Adams territory with this whole Kuhn mancrush.

If you aren't going to use Archie, then call someone up and give them a shot.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If anyone ever misses Kunitz, they need to remember this.

I never do, but there are some wistful folks out there.

Kunitz has been very good in Tampa. He has found some nice chemistry with Callahan which is really Tampa’s 3rd line since they get more ice time than the Killorn and Johnson duo who have rotating wingers which include Kunitz and Callahan. Some big goals from that line, so Tampa has been happy with him.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Kunitz has been very good in Tampa. He has found some nice chemistry with Callahan which is really Tampa’s 3rd line since they get more ice time than the Killorn and Johnson duo who have rotating wingers which include Kunitz and Callahan. Some big goals from that line, so Tampa has been happy with him.

Not surprised. Kunitz is and was an awesome player.

There is a reason he has four cups playing top nine minutes.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

Good to hear, because he seems like a genuinely nice guy. If he starts supplanting a highly-skilled winger on your top line despite only scoring 1 ES point over half a season, you may feel differently haha.

Reactions: Bodi Finds the Fire

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Not surprised. Kunitz is and was an awesome player.

There is a reason he has four cups playing top nine minutes.

I’ll always remember him for this :laugh:

Cky7O_YWkAAft8k.jpg

Reactions: BHD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad