GDT: Game 25: Columbus vs. Nashville | 11/27 7PM EST

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Dodged a bullet, me and my Dad almost decided to go out of our way and drive down to the Nat tonight and pick up some tickets. Last second my Mom called and said she had already ordered us pizza to eat, so we stayed home with the pizza.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
All over them, halfway through the third, and still can't get anything in the net. Wings doing the same thing to the Bruins, tonight, but Boston fans have a better idea what to expect from their team, next time out. I have no idea what the Jackets will do, minute to minute.

And thus the pancake bunny, which makes as much - if not more - sense.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Do they have a community opium pipe in the Jackets locker room? What else can explain that lethargic sleepwalking on the ice tonite? That was the worst, most boring game I can remember in many, many years. And what worries me is that neither Richards nor the players get it. During the post game interviews they talked about their inconsistent work ethic. Inconsistent? Try non-existent. Every guy who wore a blue sweater on the ice tonite should be mortified and embarrassed to even be associated with that game. There is zero work ethic, zero effort. And no one in the "room" seems to realize it. Houston, we have a problem.

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
Just got back from the game.

Jackets suck. Bad. That is all.

For some reason (irrational love of the NHL??), I'm going back Friday.:dunno:

Columbus Mike

2015-16 CBJ
Feb 21, 2008
Another amazing effort. Can we bring back the Year One team? At least they had some heart.

Hey front office, is anyone paying attention there?

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Beyond the complete lack of heart and effort on the ice, I have been struck by the total silence of JD and JK. Where are they? Last year we constantly heard about Davidson's presence in the locker room, saw pictures of Jarmo watching the game intently. This year? Nothing from either of them.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
"You can't say we are not trying" Wiz said in a post game interview. THAT is exactly what i am saying. How could he make a statement like that? Should someone show them a video of a game form last year where they fought for every puck, every moment of virtually every game? Then let them watch a video of last nite's game where they lollygagged after the puck 90% of the time. It is just astonishing to me that they can't feel the difference in their intensity from last year to this year. I really do not want to hear anymore rationalizations. Last night was just horrific.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Beyond the complete lack of heart and effort on the ice, I have been struck by the total silence of JD and JK. Where are they? Last year we constantly heard about Davidson's presence in the locker room, saw pictures of Jarmo watching the game intently. This year? Nothing from either of them.

They are doing the same thing that they did in St. Louis. They started with a core, and built from there. If you remember the Blues sucked for a few years under these two until they took off, and haven't looked back since.

Remember "brick by brick"?

JD warned the fan base that it could take a few years to build a contender, and it looks like he was right. I have no doubt that they are evaluating the play of every player, every game. They are not going to make quick, emotional, rash decisions.

I understand that we have a major issue with injuries too many key players right now, but the problem I had with the guys last night was the lack of any emotion, effort, or energy. Nashville came in set the tone, and the CBJ never put up any kind of a fight.

After two periods I saw the writing on the wall, and left.

I work tomorrow, so they will win. They have won every home game that I have been at the Firehouse.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I have not posted a lot this year, but this game really bothered me. If these guys cannot understand how vapid is their level of intensity, then it may be that the loss of Prospal was much more than the loss of an aging player. From what I was told repeatedly last year by the two "insiders" I know, Vinnie was a constant voice on the practice ice and in the locker room about the need to ramp up effort and play with intensity all the time, even in practice. This is what is missing. These guys just do not understand the need to maximize their compete level. Last night's effort is driving me nuts.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Well it is good to know that I will be able to see a win on Friday night.

I am not sold on the "brick by brick" defense of last nite's play. For the most part these are the same guys who played like their pants were on fire every game last year. Now the level of effort is the same "who gives a crap" level of the Arniel era. We may have to wait for more "talent" to develop over the next few years. But there is no reason to tolerate that half-arsed level of play we saw last nite.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad