GDT: Game 25: Columbus vs. Nashville | 11/27 7PM EST

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I heard that early last season Davidson wen thru the locker room and player by player gave a specific critical assessment of each player to their face. I would like to see him do that with a personalized of each player's effort in the Nashville game.

There were a couple of times last nite where the arena was so quite, they could have conducted that menhorrah service during that action and the noise (or lack thereof) would not have disturbed the prayers that were part of the ceremony.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
It all starts along the boards with puck battles and with puck battles in other parts of the ice. Nashville was winning around 85-90% of these last night, therefore they had possession in our zone most of the night, therefore they were able to score 4 goals with ease. Tonight I have to agree with EDM, our effort is truly nonexistent. While it may take a few years to build a real contender, which I am totally OK with, I don't see how we as fans should be expected to put up with these kinds of efforts so often. We're a fragile group right now that plays with zero backbone every other night, so Friday should be a great game. We need to stop expecting competition to roll over for us and go out there and forecheck and battle hard. Either Richards isn't saying this or its falling on deaf ears, but it has to change.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
I heard that early last season Davidson wen thru the locker room and player by player gave a specific critical assessment of each player to their face. I would like to see him do that with a personalized of each player's effort in the Nashville game.

There were a couple of times last nite where the arena was so quite, they could have conducted that menhorrah service during that action and the noise (or lack thereof) would not have disturbed the prayers that were part of the ceremony.
I read an article about the Arizona Cardinals' way of keeping accountability among its players. Bruce Arians introduced the "accountability sheet" which lists every player, and a mistake they made the previous game. And after every game, the list would be shown at a team meeting, so everybody would recognize each other's mistakes, and make the players accountable to their mistakes through their teammates.

I, for one, think that would be a fantastic idea.

FANonymous

Nov 7, 2010
I read an article about the Arizona Cardinals' way of keeping accountability among its players. Bruce Arians introduced the "accountability sheet" which lists every player, and a mistake they made the previous game. And after every game, the list would be shown at a team meeting, so everybody would recognize each other's mistakes, and make the players accountable to their mistakes through their teammates.

I, for one, think that would be a fantastic idea.

It would have to be digital. The number of trees we would kill for a paper copy after each game would have the EPA up our ass in no time.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio

It was so quiet, with the exception of the horrible music they play, that you could hear the ice girls' shovels scraping the ice very clearly...I'm saving my money until they win 2-3 games in a row

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad