GDT: Game #24: Wild @ Winnipeg - 7:00pm CT / 3:00am Suomi - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Minnesota Wild (11-9-3) :wild @ :jets Winnipeg Jets (14-6-3)

cut.jpg

The essentials

Who: Minnesota Wild (11-9-3) at Winnipeg Jets (14-6-3)
Puck drop: 7:08 p.m. CT
Watch: FOX Sports North, FOX Sports GO
Listen: KFAN 100.3 FM, Wild Radio Network, Wild NHL App
Follow: @mnwild; GameCenter

The opponent

Winners of six of their past eight games, the Winnipeg Jets return to Bell MTS Place following a four-game road trip that began in Nashville, then continued on the West Coast.
Following a 5-3 loss to the Predators a week ago, the Jets rallied for wins in Los Angeles and Anaheim before being shut out 4-0 in San Jose on Saturday. Winnipeg has earned at least a point in nine of 12 games this month, securing wins in eight of those contests, and stands tied for second in the Central Division (and the Western Conference) with 31 points.
Mark Scheifele and Blake Wheeler each have 25 points, with Scheifele's 11 goals tied with Patrik Laine for the club lead. Wheeler has 20 assists.
Goaltender Connor Hellebuyck has been fantastic, posting a 12-2-2 record in 16 starts, with a 2.33 goals-against average and a .929 save percentage.
Winnipeg has won both regular-season meetings against Minnesota this season, scoring a 4-3 win at Bell MTS Place on Oct. 20 and a 2-1 win at Xcel Energy Center on Oct. 31.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
Our top line scares me. Ennis was a big enough waste of Granlund's assistance, but Winnik just takes the batteries out of Granny's Life Alert and swallows them. Then, I don't know, goes off and licks the boards until his 'stache gets creeped out and leaves his face.

Not that it'll matter 100 penalties into the game anyways.

Reactions: Kgame and FVM

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
It feels like a waste to put Winnik with Koivu and Granlund, but we clearly need more than two lines functioning right now, so I won't knock it yet.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
It feels like a waste to put Winnik with Koivu and Granlund, but we clearly need more than two lines functioning right now, so I won't knock it yet.
I don't like it at all, but out of all of the scrubs that they've tried there, I think Winnik has been the best.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I don't like it at all, but out of all of the scrubs that they've tried there, I think Winnik has been the best.

I think Stewart was ok, although it was with Zucker/Koivu and not Granlund/Koivu. I don't know, I think I'd give that another shot.

On second thought, that line is going to get a lot of defensive matchups, so maybe Stewart isn't a good answer there.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Winnik makes sense if Koivu's line is being used as a shutdown line. Stewie and Ennis aren't good enough defensively to play against top lines. Zucker gave a nice counter attack aspect that nobody else has stepped into. I think Parise (if/when healthy) steps into that line to make it a better 2-way line.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
So I wonder why they don't go to the old Zucker/Koivu/Granlund line and then put Stewart with Nino/Staal? Still with top 6 players, where he has had some success, but not the top D matchups.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
So I wonder why they don't go to the old Zucker/Koivu/Granlund line and then put Stewart with Nino/Staal? Still with top 6 players, where he has had some success, but not the top D matchups.

Zucker/Staal/Nino is clicking right now, and nothing else really is. It's hard to mess with things that are going good. I'd prefer if Coyle or Kunin get a shot with Nino/Staal before Stewie, or trying JEE with Koivu/Granny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce