Post-Game Talk: Game #23 - Anaheim Ducks vs Washington Capitals, 7pm PT, BSSC (Ducks lose, 4-5, Patches would be mad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Nah I've been critical of Terry all year but he was generating chances and better about puck distributions. I wouldn't call it a great performance, since yeah he still had a few flubs here and there but it was a better performance for him last night.

I think the bigger concern is how bad Killorn continued to be.

Terry has been up and down. Killorn has just been bad on both ends of the ice. Zegras was outplaying Terry but was snakebitten as hell. I’d think Leo would have at least a few more points if Z was able to bury some of those grade A chances .

Reactions: HanSolo

QuackAttack90

Nov 29, 2011
Of course not, going to Disneyland today….. maybe I should go there tomorrow also, they seem to win when I’m in a theme park, lol.

Oh I love watching the game on my phone at a theme park, in the background have some little kid screaming “I want Ice Cream!”
1701470985663.png

Ducks are at DisneyLand today! Hope that you got to see them

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Rebuild Murray wouldn't have done something. Why? Because we already had witnessed 2019-2021 (until Nov).

2019: Finished 8th, drafted 9th.
2020: Finished 5th, drafted 6th.
2021: Finished 2nd, drafted 3rd.

Right now, we're still in the middle of a rebuild, breaking in a new coach, breaking in several rookies, and breaking in a new concept of part-time players to speed up the rebuild.

I never said it would be right or wrong for our gm to make a move now, only that Murray would’ve already made a move

Maybe you completely missed what I was expressing. "Rebuild Murray" wouldn't make a move. Which was the reason why I showed the three consecutive years of tanking.

"Playoff Murray" would make a move. In early 2018-19 season, we traded D Petterson for goal scoring offense in F Sprong because Carlyle needed more offense. That gamble failed for us and we went into rebuild mode at the TDL, trading away D Montour for a 1st round pick and prospect D Guhle.

We are not in a playoff stratosphere today, we're still in a rebuild mode. "Rebuild Murray" set the pattern of not doing much and letting the kids gain experience which is why we ended with the 9th overall pick in 2019, the 6th overall pick in 2020, and the 3rd overall pick in 2021.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Imo all our vets are complimentary players. They're not going to look like great until the kids develop into the stars to compliment. Imo though it would be nice to have a vet Star level player to show the kids how to be a star.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
Cronin is fine. Our passive vets are really anchoring us, even if they are good players in a vacuum.

Well, if they're passive, Cronin should bench their asses. As a coach, that's your biggest weapon.

Killorn in particular needs to sit out a game and go to the corner and think about how shitty he's played. If he (Cronin) doesn't have the balls to do that, drop him by down a line or two and take him off the PP.

I'm still on board with Cronin, but I'd like to see him shake things up more.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Imo all our vets are complimentary players. They're not going to look like great until the kids develop into the stars to compliment. Imo though it would be nice to have a vet Star level player to show the kids how to be a star.

Oddly enough, two years ago, we had two youthful forwards burst onto the scene with our complementary vets in Terry and rookie Zegras. It was Getzy's last year and he wasn't a superstar any longer, but still a great captain!

We did have rookie D Drysdale also participate on the ice too that season. Funny thing is Drysdale was a -26, but his partner Lindholm was a +0. Whole year learning experience for Drysdale. At least we did have star D-man in Lindholm to show Drysdale how to be a defensive star.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad