GDT: Game 22| Chicago at Pittsburgh Sat, Nov. 18th 7:00PM |PPG|Revenge and going through "The Drills"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
This is a post of insane overreaction. Regular season is nothing like the playoffs. Soooooo there's that. :laugh:

Maybe.... but you're telling me you would be confident the Pens would beat the Hawks in a 7 game series??? I might be insane but you my friend are living in fantasy land with pretty rainbows and candy unicorns.
fantasyland_3_by_wyldfantasyx.jpg

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Hawks commentor - "Not sure what Kris Letang was trying to do there"

NO SHIT SHERLOCK!

Please let us know when you find out

Reactions: TNT87

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
That shot by Letang reminded me of the lob pitch in Rookie of the Year.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
That shot by Letang reminded me of the lob pitch in Rookie of the Year.

His mind rushes the play. He thought he felt pressure, couldn't control himself, and does that. It baffles me how anyone on the bench can accept that.

That shit is on Sully. Get him off the powerplay. He's garbage. We are like 0-4 straight games with him on the PP and 1-1 when Schultz is on the top PP.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Letang on the PP: pass in Genos feet, pass bouncing to Kessel, decent shot on net, then weird flub to the Hawks.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I've never seen a team against the Pens with magnets in their blades the way Hawks always find the puck, or perfect passes NO MATTER WHAT!

Also our D sucks.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Sully needs to start living up to that jive he was talking the other day about bringing down Letang's minutes and giving more PP1 looks to Schultz.

You're the decision-maker, bud. So do it.

Reactions: ColePens

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
I still can't wrap my head around the fact that Reaves has a permanent spot in the lineup. He's nothing more than Glass 2.0, except for the fact that he can throw hands better. What a waste of a 1st round pick and a decent prospect. And a roster spot on top of that.

Reactions: Shaffer and TNT87

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
I think the most frustrating thing about Letang on the PP is the domino effect his dumb decisions have. It's not just his f*** ups. He also puts guys in bad positions which then often forces them into bad decisions. They just need to bite the "disgruntled player" bullet and get him off there.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Sully needs to start living up to that jive he was talking the other day about bringing down Letang's minutes and giving more PP1 looks to Schultz.

You're the decision-maker, bud. So do it.

The problem is that Schultz has clearly been the superior PP QB for well over a year and it still hasn't happened. If he hasn't done it yet, what could he possibly be waiting for?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I think the most frustrating thing about Letang on the PP is the domino effect his dumb decisions have. It's not just his **** ups. He also puts guys in bad positions which then often forces them into bad decisions. They just need to bite the "disgruntled player" bullet and get him off there.

What they should do and what they will do are, unfortunately, two different things. The ONLY thing one could argue Letang does better than Schultz on the PP is the zone entries, but on a properly constructed breakout with Sid, Geno, and Phil-- i.e., NOT the one the Pens run-- it shouldn't make a difference.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
The problem is that Schultz has clearly been the superior PP QB for well over a year and it still hasn't happened. If he hasn't done it yet, what could he possibly be waiting for?

If we only knew. From what Sully's said on-record he seems to get it and is trying to handle things delicately, but enough's enough already.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Well ... so much for the Pens wanting redemption for that 10-1 embarrassment.

I guess they just meant this time they'll only lose 4-1 or whatever rather than 10-1. Heaven knows they're not going to actually blow the other team out.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I still can't wrap my head around the fact that Reaves has a permanent spot in the lineup. He's nothing more than Glass 2.0, except for the fact that he can throw hands better. What a waste of a 1st round pick and a decent prospect. And a roster spot on top of that.

This is such a false narrative. We didn't lose a 1st round pick. We dropped down like 15 spots, that's it.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Playing the Hawks feels like playing the Flyers used to. Maybe a little less hate. I wonder if they get BBQ at Dee Jay's, too.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Well ... so much for the Pens wanting redemption for that 10-1 embarrassment.

I guess they just meant this time they'll only lose 4-1 or whatever rather than 10-1. Heaven knows they're not going to actually blow the other team out.

Only thing preventing that first from being as ugly as the one in Chicago was no Niemi to spot 4 goals and some very helpful posts.

I think JR is looking at this one and then the one next Saturday against Tampa as measuring sticks. I can't imagine he sees much difference.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Letang 'rips a shot'.

Okay, Mears clearly is reaching Steigy levels of embellishment. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad