GDT: Game 21 - Anaheim Ducks @ Edmonton Oilers - 6pm PT, BSSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Those of you who think zegras will keep shooting at 3.% this season when he comes back, and that killorn will continue to keep an 8 goal pace, Terry 40pt pace. Continue 2 be down 2 goals every first period. Continue to allow lacombe and fowler to work together. Continue to play without emotion and physicality. I would say no shame in coming back next season. Just pack it up now.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Everyone has sucked. The only guys playing well for most of the year so far are Vatrano, Mac and Strome, all veterans.
Minty, Gibson, Leason carrick and Johnston have been solid… silf and jones I would also add have been coming on lately. When it’s our top guys underperforming, that’s actually fixable opposed to let’s say asking a career 880 save % goalie to become a top 10 goalie in the league.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Those of you who think zegras will keep shooting at 3.% this season when he comes back, and that killorn will continue to keep an 8 goal pace, Terry 40pt pace. Continue 2 be down 2 goals every first period. Continue to allow lacombe and fowler to work together. Continue to play without emotion and physicality. I would say no shame in coming back next season. Just pack it up now.
Is there anyone who thinks this, or are you just thumbsucking by inventing a person to feel superior to?

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Is there anyone who thinks this, or are you just thumbsucking by inventing a person to feel superior to?
That winning streak really gave us a lot of false hope . Still it's.not a excuse for terry to suck this bad. Defense to fall apart all of a sudden. For them to stop hitting. After that Colorado game. Everything is going wrong.

Somewhere, Dallas Eakins is giggling a little to himself.
And We thank him for Carlson

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
What seems obvious at this point is that even though he wasn't producing points, Zegras was helping the lineup pretty significantly. The team play without him has been noticeably worse and then, on the days Carlsson sits out, it is even worse.

And, of course, Terry losing his confidence (again) has not helped.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
5 extra shots against per game is about 1 goal against every other game. Not a huge difference when they’re shooting less this year and scoring right about the same.

I sat in the arena last year, and sat in the arena this year. This team is substantially more boring. Both teams suck, last year was substantially more entertaining with high event hockey, and that team had significantly more “no quit” than this team has had the last 2 weeks.
Man, I don't know. Last year was BUH ROO TAHL in terms of entertainment for me.

These last 2 weeks have been bad, but last season was worse and without the aspect of a good start that we've had this year.

Your point about the "no quit" has me worried though. We got some of it back against LA, like for a minute. Need that back in a big way like 2 weeks ago.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Team def needs to find some type of leadership group.

Gudas/carrick right now seems like the only leader on the roster.

our vets across the board have been disappointing outside of vatrano/strome and gudas on back end.

Terry really needs to get his head out his ass, I know they won’t do it but I’d love to see zegras with carlsson and killorn when he’s back , throw terry in 3rd line when all he’s dragging down is Henrique.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Yes, on his off side playing on the top pairing (with Fowler). Asking a lot of any rookie to say the least.
Ya idk what the plan is as going into the season but I can’t imagine this was it.

Fowler gudas
Minty drysdale
Vaaks lacombe lybushkin ( sheltered mins)

If drysdale ever comes back

Without drysdale tho we don’t really have any good solutions for pairings.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I do wonder if we see zellweger soon. He isn't any kind of defensive savior, but I don't know how we keep throwing this same defensive lineup out there after the last couple weeks. It doesn't work.

Reactions: Dr Johnny Fever

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Man, I don't know. Last year was BUH ROO TAHL in terms of entertainment for me.

These last 2 weeks have been bad, but last season was worse and without the aspect of a good start that we've had this year.

Your point about the "no quit" has me worried though. We got some of it back against LA, like for a minute. Need that back in a big way like 2 weeks ago.
Granted, it helped that I was expecting to lose, but low 20’s shots games for both teams, with us playing the dump and don’t chase, is Kings hockey boring for me. Last year there was at least more to watch going on, and the entire team was invested in trying. That disappeared here around 8-10 games ago.

Don’t misunderstand me, I don’t want to watch last year again. But this is a substantially better roster, and right now, they’re bad at winning and also bad at entertaining.

Reactions: FiveHoleTickler

Emerald Duck

Dec 9, 2009
Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim, CA
I do wonder if we see zellweger soon. He isn't any kind of defensive savior, but I don't know how we keep throwing this same defensive lineup out there after the last couple weeks. It doesn't work.
It's time for Zellweger to get his cup of coffee and show the team how he does against NHL competition. :popcorn:

Lacombe has been struggling lately. Perhaps we were overly optimistic on his development for playing him in the top pair on his off side ? Maybe Jackson needs some time down in SD to work on some fundamentals ?

Another reason I want to see Zellweger is that we are still looking for a blue line shooting threat on the PP. Minty, for all of his potential as a 2 way dman, hasn't shown us that he has any type of threatening shot from the blueline. His shot looks like he graduated from Fowler School of Puck Shooting. :dunno:

Reactions: Trojans86

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
It's time for Zellweger to get his cup of coffee and show the team how he does against NHL competition. :popcorn:

Lacombe has been struggling lately. Perhaps we were overly optimistic on his development for playing him in the top pair on his off side ? Maybe Jackson needs some time down in SD to work on some fundamentals ?

Another reason I want to see Zellweger is that we are still looking for a blue line shooting threat on the PP. Minty, for all of his potential as a 2 way dman, hasn't shown us that he has any type of threatening shot from the blueline. His shot looks like he graduated from Fowler School of Puck Shooting. :dunno:
Good god..

Reveille1984

Dec 3, 2014
This roster is already thin on talent with everybody healthy. With Zegras/Carlsson/Drysdale out we are a complete dumpster fire, especially with Terry being an empty sweater most nights and most of the vet forwards being invisible. I'd guess we have the worst top line production in the NHL over the first quarter of the season.

Same story on defense. Everybody is playing a line above where they should be, especially LaCombe. He's a #4 getting top line duty on his off wing as a rookie, of course he's going to look like shit a lot of the time. The best D prospects in the league would fail that assignment, let alone him.

I think a lot of us are just tired. Tired of dump and chase hockey with no possession, tired of bad passing, tired of lazy plays, tired of zero o-zone pressure, tired of clueless power plays, tired of 6+ penalties a game, tired of guys looking mentally beaten down. Most sane fans weren't expecting much this year outside of some growth from the kids and hopefully not being one of the worst teams in the NHL again. But I agree with DucksDVM, these guys are incredibly boring to watch most of the time.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad