GDT: Game 21 - Anaheim Ducks @ Edmonton Oilers - 6pm PT, BSSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Honeymoon is over. We're not being blinded by the New Coach Bounce haze anymore. Team is coming back down to their median.

What separates this team from a legit playoff team isn't the potential ceilingn, it's the floor. Playoff teams floor is league average. Our floor appears to be bottom 5 still.
Yup. Other teams have scouted our offense. They know how to dismantle the man to man

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
thumbs-down-unimpressed.gif

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Verbeek has no intentions of winning this year and had none - literally garaging our 3rd/4th best forward (at worst) once per week.

Cronin isn’t going anywhere.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
I’m really glad for Max Jones. He’s had a nice stretch, his teammates seem to love him too. I really hope our GM can waive Mcginn when we start to become healthy.

Amazing what could’ve been if the silf goal v panthers would’ve rightfully counted. It’s been to hell since.

Reactions: pbgoalie

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Funny, because that was my reaction to the latter half of @Ducks DVM post. If you're already over the coach barely 20 games into his tenure and tuning him out because he's a bit hard on you, Verbeek needs to start bussing guys out of town.

I don't think either of those are true, for the record. I think it's a young team experiencing the growing pains of playing young guys in major roles. Hope they're not getting too down on themselves.
Agreed

And I also do not believe it is true.

Right now, injuries and confidence are a huge issue. “Overcooking” our kids in development looks to be turning into frying them.
Both teams suck and our prospects are getting smoked.
I said I expected some train wrecks this season during our great start, but so much looks bad

Hell I don’t like to see as many kids as possible in San Diego maybe getting in a run, this group can’t make a run in the nhl, the vets like Henrique, Killorn, Fowler and more are ineffective and with some great bright spots from Minty and Leo, they’re just kids that will be up and down even as good as they are.

Bets trade values going down
Kids confidence getting challenged
Softness overall is back too

And we are without a doubt getting abused by the p***yes that are nhl officials

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
We gave up close to 50 shots on goal every other game last season. I’ll stop there, but I can go on. I get it, you’re frustrated. So am I, but let’s not let your hurt feelings of me bad mouthing little cam fowler get out of hand. When healthy we will play 500 hockey
It’s got zero to do with Fowler, don’t be ridiculous. This team is objectively not fun to watch this year at this point. They have…more…of an NHL defense this year. They’re also 58GF 78GA this year. 52GF, 88 GA last year. 29.9 SF, 37.6 SA last year, 29.2 SF, 32.4 SA this year. Not terribly different. And those numbers are boosted this year by the winning streak.

They’re a bad team.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Funny, because that was my reaction to the latter half of @Ducks DVM post. If you're already over the coach barely 20 games into his tenure and tuning him out because he's a bit hard on you, Verbeek needs to start bussing guys out of town.

I don't think either of those are true, for the record. I think it's a young team experiencing the growing pains of playing young guys in major roles. Hope they're not getting too down on themselves.
I’m not saying that IS what is going on, I’m just trying to figure out why an objectively more talented team is playing this badly.

Reactions: TheGoodShepard1

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Agreed

And I also do not believe it is true.

Right now, injuries and confidence are a huge issue. “Overcooking” our kids in development looks to be turning into frying them.
Both teams suck and our prospects are getting smoked.
I said I expected some train wrecks this season during our great start, but so much looks bad

Hell I don’t like to see as many kids as possible in San Diego maybe getting in a run, this group can’t make a run in the nhl, the vets like Henrique, Killorn, Fowler and more are ineffective and with some great bright spots from Minty and Leo, they’re just kids that will be up and down even as good as they are.

Bets trade values going down
Kids confidence getting challenged
Softness overall is back too

And we are without a doubt getting abused by the p***yes that are nhl officials

Both teams getting railed every night is a huge concern. What's it doing to our prospects confidence?

Reactions: Ducks DVM

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
That sequence on the postgame show sums up the night rather fittingly.

Kent: "Let's get some insight from the two guys that called the game tonight."

[TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES]

Reactions: Ducks DVM

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
It’s got zero to do with Fowler, don’t be ridiculous. This team is objectively not fun to watch this year. They have…more…of an NHL defense this year. They’re also 58GF 78GA this year. 52GF, 88 GA last year. 29.9 SF, 37.6 SA last year, 29.2 SF, 32.4 SA this year. Not terribly different. And those numbers are boosted this year by the winning streak.

They’re a bad team.
We’re a bad team the last bunch of games, absolutely. But we’re definitely not worse than last year. I’m sure of it. This was one of the worst teams we could’ve matched up against tonight given what we’ve been struggling with.
It’s got zero to do with Fowler, don’t be ridiculous. This team is objectively not fun to watch this year at this point. They have…more…of an NHL defense this year. They’re also 58GF 78GA this year. 52GF, 88 GA last year. 29.9 SF, 37.6 SA last year, 29.2 SF, 32.4 SA this year. Not terribly different. And those numbers are boosted this year by the winning streak.

They’re a bad team.
bad, right now yes. Worse than last year. Absolutely not. We won’t continue to be down 2 goals every first period for one. Secondly, shots are significantly down this year and that alone is a world of difference in itself.

In other news. Santiago got his diploma at age 38. And his father has “helped him in many ways, like all fathers do. “

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
We’re a bad team the last bunch of games, absolutely. But we’re definitely not worse than last year. I’m sure of it. This was one of the worst teams we could’ve matched up against tonight given what we’ve been struggling with.

bad, right now yes. Worse than last year. Absolutely not. We won’t continue to be down 2 goals every first period for one. Secondly, shots are significantly down this year and that alone is a world of difference in itself.

In other news. Santiago got his diploma at age 38. And his father has “helped him in many ways, like all fathers do. “
5 extra shots against per game is about 1 goal against every other game. Not a huge difference when they’re shooting less this year and scoring right about the same.

I sat in the arena last year, and sat in the arena this year. This team is substantially more boring. Both teams suck, last year was substantially more entertaining with high event hockey, and that team had significantly more “no quit” than this team has had the last 2 weeks.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
5 extra shots against per game is about 1 goal against every other game. Not a huge difference when they’re shooting less this year and scoring right about the same.

I sat in the arena last year, and sat in the arena this year. This team is substantially more boring. Both teams suck, last year was substantially more entertaining with high event hockey, and that team had significantly more “no quit” than this team has had the last 2 weeks.
This season our veteran ducks have massively sucked and that’s also something that needs to change asap

Reactions: pbgoalie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad