PGT: Game 20: United States 4 - Finland 1

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I haven't heard any news yet concerning Jack Hughes availability, they really need him back.

I'll go 4-3 Finland in this one but wouldn't be surprised to see the U.S come out guns blazing with their best performance yet after the way their last game went.

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
Not a lot at stake in this one. The most important outcomes of the preliminary round are avoided as Finland won't win the group and won't be the last or fourth. To me it really doesn't matter weather we face Czechs or Russians.
Completely disagree with that. The loser of the game can potentially face Canada. And it is also better to face the czechs, they are weaker than the Russians.

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
Haven't been so impressed with the USA defence overall. To be fair I've only seen bits and pieces and not all of their games. I wonder about their ability to handle a strong forecheck. Hughes of course can skate the puck out but I'm not sure about the rest.
Should be a really fun game to watch.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Looking at the guide on the t.v here this morning it says this game will actually be on tsn1 tonight, hope it's accurate because i really wanna watch this game after the Canada-Russia tilt.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
8:30 mountain time
yep, i just hope what the guide on the t.v is showing as i have seen it list things as supposed to be shown and then come that time they had something different on, so far they havent shown the day ending game on tsn once yet.................it's been a piss off. And sunday night N.F.L football usually has this slot secured so I am really skeptical at what the t.v guide is telling me.

Reactions: Fred McCarthy

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
It depends on who shows up...

The U.S. team from the first 50 minutes of the Swedish game, and Finland romps.

The U.S. team from the last 10 minutes of the Swedish game, and the U.S. will win.

Somewhere in between... I think Finland takes it.

Last edited:
Reactions: THE JAM

NewHampshire

Mar 25, 2015
yep, i just hope what the guide on the t.v is showing as i have seen it list things as supposed to be shown and then come that time they had something different on, so far they havent shown the day ending game on tsn once yet.................it's been a piss off. And sunday night N.F.L football usually has this slot secured so I am really skeptical at what the t.v guide is telling me.

I assume you mean NFL Monday Night Football - but rest-assured the NFL Regular Season ended yesterday and there is no MNF in the final week of the season due to playoff ramifications. So, at the very least that block should be open...

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I assume you mean NFL Monday Night Football - but rest-assured the NFL Regular Season ended yesterday and there is no MNF in the final week of the season due to playoff ramifications. So, at the very least that block should be open...
lol, yeah for some reason this day feels like a sunday for me.Monday night football indeed.I thought there was still a game left to be played tonight, I'm not into N.F.L foot ball much anymore so thanks for the correct info you just gave me.

Fred McCarthy

Dec 26, 2018
It me ..Gritty!
Been there , hate that . On a personal note , where you from in N.S. I lived quite a while on a Navy base toward Eastern Passage called. Shearwater.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Been there , hate that . On a personal note , where you from in N.S. I lived guide a while on a Navy base toward Eastern Passage called. Shearwater.
Ah, the Passage...............well known place, so is Shearwater. I am from a small village in Cape Breton, you would never even heard of the place I would think, so small.

LAINEC

Mar 15, 2018
Candyland
They weren't supposed to be, but they are playing pretty close to their peak now. Either the US will feel yesterday's defeat or they will come out hard.
Really??? Even we missing 1-4 top players we have really good team but our pp, pk, 1. and 2. lines have to play much better. Theres so much potential this team if they get all together.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Smell the coffin? Lol, even for an autocorrect that's a good one :laugh:

Edit: As for the game I'm worried by the Finnish D, not convinced by all of them. And some of the forwards do indeed need to wake up :)

Wake up and smell the coffin is a line from at least 2 different movies, few cartoons and at least in one video game.
But you already knew that, right? :)

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I am hearing it's a game time decision with Hughes, sure hope he is ready to play,looking forward to watching him this tournament. It also will add a little extra drama with the whole Hughes-Kakko angle.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
First of all happy new year to my fellow posters. I will me really disappointed if Hughes won’t be able to play this game because it is by far most anticipated game for me before knockout rounds.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I predict Russia beats Canada.

Want to see Finland rock USA. I have a feeling Kakko and Tolvanen come up big today.

My prediction is on these lines as well. Russia surprises Canada and Finland beats USA. Making it Canada-USA QF game. Canada wins against USA if it really happens.

Reactions: illone84

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad