GDT: Game 20: Anaheim Ducks vs Los Angeles Kings, 12:30 PT, BSSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Sure, but I thought they banked enough early on to sustain them for at least a month to keep them in the 7-12 range. 5 straight regulation decisions with no loser points flips things in a hurry though
We will eventually have an 8-2 type of 10 game stretch later on to balance this one. And in the middle we should be close to 500

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Went to my first game of the season, had hoped for a better outcome. Dont understand why Johnston wasnt in for a rivalry game like this. Carrick got his ass kicked, should have been 44 in there.

I didnt hate their compete in this game. even when they were down 5-1 they still had fight to them, which was really nice to see. We didnt seem out of it, but could have used some more size and physical play.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
That game went as expected. I reiterate that in order to get away with more infractions you have to commit more infractions, like McClellan teams always do. A stick foul gets recategorized from "mistake" to "system" and all is good.

I was glad to see some fight in the team anyway. In a way I'm glad Getz is retired for these games because it's f***ing annoying that he's like best friends with Doughty. There needs to be 1000% more face punching when Doughty's on the ice.

Frank is the man.

I don't understand a system that requires dump and chase hockey from a guy who's ONLY good with the puck and who's built like Miley Cyrus.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Anyone else notice how often we have 3 forwards lined up at the blue line not moving, then want to play dump and chase? Someone needs to be skating laterally or diagonally to have enough speed to make it worthwhile.

Not sure if it’s coaching, execution, or both, but it’s boring as hell and it doesn’t work.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Anyone else notice how often we have 3 forwards lined up at the blue line not moving, then want to play dump and chase? Someone needs to be skating laterally or diagonally to have enough speed to make it worthwhile.

Not sure if it’s coaching, execution, or both, but it’s boring as hell and it doesn’t work.
I’m pretty convinced that none of these guys know how to coach offense. We aren’t a deep team but still think we have too much skill to have a popgun offense.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

Hazy was pointing that out in-game. He said we don't have any speed being generated in the neutral zone to chase after the puck, but also the puck placement hasn't been great. The puck needs to be placed into the corner.

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
Hazy was pointing that out in-game. He said we don't have any speed being generated in the neutral zone to chase after the puck, but also the puck placement hasn't been great. The puck needs to be placed into the corner.
Just doesn’t feel like we have the personnel for that style. Not that we have the personnel to carry it in every time, but it’s better than dumping it in and having an 80% chance we give it to our opponents. If they really want to play a dump and chase style, they need to chip it in the air to the corner to buy themselves time to skate in. Them trying to rim it around the boards just ends up with the goalie stopping it.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Just doesn’t feel like we have the personnel for that style. Not that we have the personnel to carry it in every time, but it’s better than dumping it in and having an 80% chance we give it to our opponents. If they really want to play a dump and chase style, they need to chip it in the air to the corner to buy themselves time to skate in. Them trying to rim it around the boards just ends up with the goalie stopping it.

Usually the only person with speed for the dump and chase is the puck carrier. I noted that we're utilizing our D-men more to do the dump and chase, which is why we're seeing Lyubushkin and LaCombe dive into the Ozone more often recently. Like @Ducks DVM cited, we need forwards doing more slash skating (moving laterally) and timing the dump in. There needs to be a cue as to which way we're dumping the puck.

The dump and chase fits well with our bottom-6, who also can cycle well. The 2nd line of Mac is dependent on Mac getting to the puck and still be standing up when fighting for it. No clue about the top line.

Last edited:

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Honestly. I wish they didn't have that 6 game winning streak.. since that avalanche game. Seems like this team is hurting physiologically

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
The biggest issue with this team is our vets are not performing to what they need to be.. and it's a ripple affect. You can't expect your rookies to carry you all season long.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
We looked slow, confused, and unable to make basic passes. It’s been like that for the most recent stretch of games. So many “oh that’s so close if he could’ve corralled that pass”, type of moments or literally no outlets for our defenseman during a breakout. We can’t break out consistently while other teams break out against us repeatedly.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I feel your pain. I'm coming from Idaho next week and will be going to the CO game (my 1st Ducks game in 4 yrs). Was super excited when I bought my tickets during the 6 game win streak... now, not so thrilled about spending as much as I did for club seats.

I'm flying in for the Colorado game too. I'll be 2nd row from the ice in the Ducks end. Will be wearing a Zegras white/orange RR. They'll probably get dummied but ah well. Will be the first time I've seen the Ducks in person outside of in Vegas since 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad