Pre-Game Talk: Game 2: Leafs @ Bruins - Show some urgency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penalty Kill Icing*

I hope Kostko got shipped back to Toronto for Marlies game.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
I like the lines he's got going in practice. Hopefully this time he sticks with them. Although I'm not sure I like the idea of BOTH Orr and McLaren sitting out. I thjink you need to dress at least one of them (Orr is my preference)

Asif16*

Im not gonna read into todays practice lines. Its a two day break so some players may be just taking this day off. Im pretty sure today was a big film session today anyways.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I like the lines he's got going in practice. Hopefully this time he sticks with them. Although I'm not sure I like the idea of BOTH Orr and McLaren sitting out. I thjink you need to dress at least one of them (Orr is my preference)

He won't.

Carlyle has been notorious in changing his lineups last minute.

We will likely see McLaren and Orr in the lineup once again.

The only change I see happening is Kostka out, while O'Byrne will be in. Small chance Gardiner gets in. Another small change might be MacArthur out for either Frattin or Hamilton.

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
JonasTSN1050: Cody Franson is not practicing with the Leafs today. Bruised foot according to @DarrenDreger

JonasTSN1050: Phil Kessel not at practice today either. Unclear as to why

JonasTSN1050: Nazem Kadri back with Joffrey Lupul today, Mikhail Grabovski now centering Jay McClement and Leo Komarov.

JonasTSN1050: Additionally, Mike Kostka not practicing today.

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON
I know Orr played well, but I think we need to inject 'hockey' players into the lineup.

I'd take a fourth-line of:

Hamilton - McClemment - Frattin over the 2 goons.

With the fourth line being so prevalent and important in this series, that line could outplay theirs easily IMO.

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
I know Orr played well, but I think we need to inject 'hockey' players into the lineup.

I'd take a fourth-line of:

Hamilton - McClemment - Frattin over the 2 goons.

With the fourth line being so prevalent and important in this series, that line could outplay theirs easily IMO.

We need a 4th line that can actually take regular shifts. Both Orr and McLaren are not needed. Frattin and Gardiner need to be put in the lineup. They both can give us a much needed spark in the lineup. I like Hamilton's game on the 4th line as well.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Orr played well in his role last night though. He also almost scored a goal. His role is needed, but not McLaren.

AlwaysBeleaf

Apr 29, 2013
Arash Madani ‏@ArashMadani 2m

Kessel and Kostka had an off-ice workout with #Leafs strength coach, Anthony Belza.

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON
We need a 4th line that can actually take regular shifts. Both Orr and McLaren are not needed. Frattin and Gardiner need to be put in the lineup. They both can give us a much needed spark in the lineup. I like Hamilton's game on the 4th line as well.

Bingo. Gards and Frattin should definitely be in.

Orr played well in his role last night though. He also almost scored a goal. His role is needed, but not McLaren.

Agreed but I'm under the impression he's not gonna be able to replicate it. As most said, keeping one in is fine.

leafstilldeath*

Absolutely key word as is displayed in the title "urgency". Has to be shown by both players and the coaching staff.

Also, please do not panic if we let in a goal. Its hockey things happen sometimes puck finds its way in to your own net. No need to panic and put more pucks behind the line in the opposition net.

Come on buds I know you can do it.

I BELEAF

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
I'd like to see Frattin back in, perhaps Gardiner (although his defensive play can be a tad scary), McLaren out, Mac out (haven't been impressed with him or Grabs for some time now), Kostka out (goes without saying) and O'Byrne and perhaps Hamilton in

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009

Kessel and Kostka had an off-ice workout with #Leafs strength coach, Anthony Belza.

"Now Phil, when a player comes towards you, it's bad to shy away. We talked about this!"

Kyle Doobas*

Get Kessel 'roided up for game two

3 goals, 5 assists, hipchecks Chara into the bench and KOs Lucic

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
It's not a must win...but it's as close to a must win.

I know people will say, you shouldn't be worried until you lose at home but winning 4/5 against the Bruins is impossible even if they Leafs tie it 2-2.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
JonasTSN1050: Cody Franson is not practicing with the Leafs today. Bruised foot according to @DarrenDreger

JonasTSN1050: Phil Kessel not at practice today either. Unclear as to why

JonasTSN1050: Nazem Kadri back with Joffrey Lupul today, Mikhail Grabovski now centering Jay McClement and Leo Komarov.

JonasTSN1050: Additionally, Mike Kostka not practicing today.

The first 2 are bad news
The last 2 are great news

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON
Kostka's got a broken finger. While I hope he recovers, please never step foot on the ice again.

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 40s

Kostka has a broken finger. Franson is fine - just a bruise. No issue with Kessel, Carlyle says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad