PGT: Game 2 - Europe vs Canada - Canada wins the 2016 World Cup of Hockey

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
These are essentially all the guys who had a hand in our 5 year gold medal run at the World Juniors. It's no coincidence that we've had the run we've had over these last 6 years. I'm not sure our future crop can live up to these guys as USA, Finland, Sweden, and Russia have really closed the gap in developing world class talent.

If any of them could beat team Europe, I'd say they are closing the gap. They do seem to be closing the gap on each other, it seems to be a coin flip.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Lol @ "elite three" - never thought id see bruins fans bragging about bergeron and marchand filling the kunitz role getting dragged around by crosby against soft matchups. Toews dominated on his own line while facing the toughest matchups, as usual.

Your usual tripe is actually a nice switch from the posters with the fauxrage towards the World Cup.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
I think vlasic had an underrated game. Snuffed out quite a few offensive possessions.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
G15KCd0.jpg

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
is it over? Sorry... I must have slept through the fireworks and the impromptu fan parade to the city center and the honking of car horns all night.

Glad it's over. The right team won and now we can get on with things.

The right team? It was the only team that could win. The gap between canada and everyone else is enormous. It really made the tournament pointless.

Canada

everyone else

nilssont

May 27, 2007
Sweden was clearly the better team when facing Europe, despite losing (Lundqvist let three horrible goals in).

From what I've read, Europe stood up really well against Canada in these two games.

What do you think a final between Canada and Sweden would've looked like?

The Sweden vs Europe game was a boring ass game. We in Sweden got what we deserved imo. Gronborg is worse than Torts.

Reindl87

May 18, 2012
Oh wait Team Canada won due to a illegal goal.
Who would have ever expected this. What a frikkin joke.
Canada won the Cup but Team Europe won the event.:handclap::handclap:

Juppy61

May 14, 2013
Canada
Oh wait Team Canada won due to a illegal goal.
Who would have ever expected this. What a frikkin joke.
Canada won the Cup but Team Europe won the event.:handclap::handclap:

Of course! That's the way it always is when we win. It's illegal goals, ref bias, NA ice, big ice, because we have Crosby we won, better dressing rooms, blah blah blah.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
A Stanley Cup and a World Cup and MVP in both for Crosby.

Babcock has more accolades, than any other coach in history.

Not a bad Summer's work.

And now the NHL get down to the business of getting its Centennial season underway!

Thank you Team Canada!

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Respect to Bergeron/Marchand, both had unbelievable tournaments.

It's been hard to like Marchand as a Hab fan, but he's a hell of a player when he cuts the crap out and plays like he can.

Reindl87

May 18, 2012
Of course! That's the way it always is when we win. It's illegal goals, ref bias, NA ice, big ice, because we have Crosby we won, better dressing rooms, blah blah blah.

Last time i checked hockey was played 6 on 6, not 7 on 6. If you can't admit that that goal was 100% illegal, ok, your problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad