GDT: Game 2: Ducks @ Flames

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Holland out again?

icemancometh: Boudreau said his plan was to play Peter Holland tonight but wants to keep lineup intact after big win. "Peter's going to get his chance."

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Way to ruin all of Holland's confidence after a strong season in the A.

Edit: I guess he deserves it for being Norfolk's best forward. Silly me thinking the best forward should get time instead of one of the worst forwards there all year (DSP)

Last edited:

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
I would be shocked if this affected him in any way. The ducks not only won, but killed the Canucks. It is very reasonable for a coach to not change things after a game like that. If anything, Bruce publicly stating that Holland will get his chance is a confidence boost.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I would be shocked if this affected him in any way. The ducks not only won, but killed the Canucks. It is very reasonable for a coach to not change things after a game like that. If anything, Bruce publicly stating that Holland will get his chance is a confidence boost.

It is reasonable to change the lineup when you watch tape and realize that DSP brought nothing productive to the team as usual.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
wow that sucks.. i wanted to see holland.. i dont get why management has such a boner about DSP. he isn't even doing what he was advertised to do.. sure hes got an enticing skill set but when he isn't out there crashing and banging bodies then what good is he.. ugh i wanted to see holland out there so bad today.. (ya i'm probably overreacting) but still.. lol

do we know if fowler's in yet

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
wow that sucks.. i wanted to see holland.. i dont get why management has such a boner about DSP. he isn't even doing what he was advertised to do.. sure hes got an enticing skill set but when he isn't out there crashing and banging bodies then what good is he.. ugh i wanted to see holland out there so bad today.. (ya i'm probably overreacting) but still.. lol

do we know if fowler's in yet

Exactly.

And yes, I believe Fowler is playing.

SoCalHockey

Jun 11, 2010
Way to ruin all of Holland's confidence after a strong season in the A.

I think Holland understands the situation. He has been playing a team sport long enough to understand that you don't necessarily break up whats working. He will get his chance like BB said.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I don't see the big deal. It's one game, and Boudreau flat out said Holland will get his chance.

navyduck

Sep 26, 2011
I don't see the big deal. It's one game, and Boudreau flat out said Holland will get his chance.

With you on this one. It is only one game. Some Van fans are using the loss against us as a staging point to claim that Schneider isn't a number 1 goalie. Just doesn't make sense.

Holland will get his chance. And so will DSP. You just play what you feel is the hot hand and right now it is what it is....after one game

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
With you on this one. It is only one game. Some Van fans are using the loss against us as a staging point to claim that Schneider isn't a number 1 goalie. Just doesn't make sense.

Holland will get his chance. And so will DSP. You just play what you feel is the hot hand and right now it is what it is....after one game

And you think DSP is the "hot hand" right now?

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
Destroyer%20Duck%201.jpg

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I agree that DSP shouldn't be in the lineup but he clearly meant team when he said "hot hand". Basically saying don't fix it if it isn't broken.

Then Bruce expected a loss when he said Holland will get a go @ Calgary :sarcasm:

On a more serious note, here are the lineups from Stephens:

:ducks2
Kyle Palmieri-Ryan Getzlaf-Corey Perry
Bobby Ryan-Nick Bonino-Teemu Selanne
Andrew Cogliano-Saku Koivu-Dan Winnik
Matt Beleskey-Rickard Rakell-Devante Smith-Pelly

Bryan Allen-Cam Fowler
Sheldon Souray-Luca Sbisa
Toni Lydman-Francois Beauchemin

Hiller

:flames
Curtis Glencross-Alex Tanguay-Jarome Iginla
Sven Baertschi-Mikael Backlund-Mike Cammalleri
Roman Horak-Matt Stajan-Lee Stempniak
Blake Comeau-Steve Begin-Tim Jackman

Mark Giordano-Jay Bouwmeester
Chris Butler-Dennis Wideman
Derek Smith-Cory Sarich

Kiprusoff​

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I want to like DSP so bad, we could really use a guy that is as he's advertised to be. But he's kind of lame right now. I'd prefer Holland. But, a win is a win I guess.

This. When I first started watching him he quickly became one of my favorite prospects. He needs to be better than this. It's like he's barely trying.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad