GDT: Game 2: Ducks @ Flames

Corey Perry*

Only 63 more wins to complete the perfect season!

Anaheim Ducks (1-0-0)

vs

Calgary Flames (0-1-0)

Scotiabank Saddledome

6:00 PM PST

Prime Ticket

images

Projected Line-Up (subject to change)

Palmieri-Getzlaf-Perry
Ryan-Bonino-Selanne
Winnik-Koivu-Cogliano
Beleskey-Rakell-Smith Pelly

Allen-Fowler
Sbisa-Souray
Lydman-Beauchemin

Hiller

200px-Calgary_Flames_Logo.svg.png

Projected Line-Up (subject to change)

Glencross-Tanguay-Beauch's *****
Baertschi-Backlund-Cammalleri
Horak-Stajan-Stempniak
Comeau-Begin-Jackman

Giordano-Bouwmeester
Butler-Wideman
Smith-Sarich

Kiprusoff

Classic Ducks-Flames clips:

Pissing_on_Flames_medium.jpg

LET'S GO DUCKS!​

Last edited by a moderator:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Watched Sharks @ Flames yesterday.

Flames started strong - they were almost dominant in the 1st period, then they played bad as hell, let in 3 goals. They were little dangerous at the end, until they took stupid penalties and let in another.

First 3 goals Sharks scored in front of the net, because the Flames didn`t covered that spot much.

And, yes, they played yesterday, so let`s go Ducks!

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
It may be a possibility that Ducks try Rakell also on wing, before making the final decision.

Anyway, i`m interested how`ll Fowler look. He might be not recovered fully. He said he feels better, but he`s not completely healthy as flu take more than 1 game to recover. I suppose he`ll be fully recovered in next game - Home Opener.

SugarSherm

The One and Only
Aug 25, 2012
Augusta, Georgia
Another game I'm going to be following on my phone and watching when I get off work which its gonna be like that for me all season. Either way still excited for all Ducks games and just glad hockey is back.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
I smell a huge letdown after a great first game.

And I hope I'm totally wrong.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Watched Sharks @ Flames yesterday.

Flames started strong - they were almost dominant in the 1st period, then they played bad as hell, let in 3 goals. They were little dangerous at the end, until they took stupid penalties and let in another.

First 3 goals Sharks scored in front of the net, because the Flames didn`t covered that spot much.

And, yes, they played yesterday, so let`s go Ducks!
Ya id say they were pretty dominant... idk if that was san jose missing burns or what.... but i was happy after the first... then the rest of the game came :|

Excited to see fowler and holland play... and hopin we try rakell as a wing on the 4th line before we make our decision.

Hope the 2nd line finds some chemistry also

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Against Calgary, Ducks have the most fighting majors in a franchise history.

I doubt someone will drop the glowes tonight, though.

Some BattleofCali photos:

Ducks_Flames_Drawception.jpg

FlameFoot.jpg

Let`s win this!

Last edited:

getzforfighting*

i dont expect a let down at all. we will keep chugging through these guys

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Against Calgary, Ducks have the most fighting majors in a franchise history.

Ya i dont see us having very many fighting majors this year... who do we even have that can drop the gloves still?

Sbisa/belesky are really the only willing customers unless PL3 or Staubitz is in the game.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Ya i dont see us having very many fighting majors this year... who do we even have that can drop the gloves still?

Sbisa/belesky are really the only willing customers unless PL3 or Staubitz is in the game.

Beauch, Allen and Souray will drope the glowes too, if needed, but they might as well play this season without any fighting majors. They`ll drop it only if something HUGE is going on there :laugh:

And Sbisa too, i think.

Beleskey is our ''most likely'' fighter with this lineup :laugh:

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
I hope Beauch & Souray don't have to drop the gloves, Souray broke his wrist the last time he fought.

5minsforfighting

Sep 20, 2005
I believe we will not see much fights this season. In Vancouver game Sbisa rejected Weise, but it was already 7-3 then, so not much reason for Sbisa to drop them.
Anyhow I hope Staubitz or PL3 will see some regular games.

We will go without enforcer till somebody from opponent team runs over someone and BB will send Belesky to police :D

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Sbisa is actually a pretty good fighter. He`s not an enforcer, and have fought only a middlewweights like him, but he ussually takes the win.

His upper body is pretty strong, i think he built that up when he had the lower body injury in the 1st (?) year here.

Anyway, we`re in trouble if someone puts a heavyweight against us. How are other west teams situation with them? I think other teams also will choose to go with middleweights

DucksFanDFW

Sep 18, 2009
Ranger, TX
Will be sure to be home from work by 8:00 to watch this one. I just want the same effort as Saturday night and I can deal with whatever the result is. GO DUCKS!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad