GDT: Game 2: Columbus at New York Islanders | 10/5 7PM EDT

bester vaive

Fear the Titan!
Nov 8, 2010
Anyway, who cares, nice come-back by the Jackets. Now let's win a few in regulation.

Given that we are basically the same team as last year, we'll be watching a lot of OT and more than our fair share of shootouts. As that old, wise hockey sage Mike Priest once said, and I paraphrase, "Ken Hitchcock hockey is Blue Jacket hockey."

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Given that we are basically the same team as last year, we'll be watching a lot of OT and more than our fair share of shootouts. As that old, wise hockey sage Mike Priest once said, and I paraphrase, "Ken Hitchcock hockey is Blue Jacket hockey."

Blue Jackets Hockey... More Puck for Your Buck!

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
So what you're saying is Bee is Dr. Whatshisface and he's married to the late King of Pop? That's kind of weird.

You're thinking of Priscilla Presley. Propofol is a device used to prevent conception.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Propofol is a short-acting, IV anesthetic. Are you thinking of depo provera?

No, I was hoping to trigger something equally ridiculous in succession, like:
"No, that's a prophylactic. Propofol is a ruler of ancient Egypt."
"You're thinking of a pharaoh. Propofol is what makes a helicopter go."
"That's a propeller. Propofol is a combat formation that involves foot soldiers forming a shoulder-to-shoulder wall."
"That was a phalanx. Propofol is a country made up of over 800 islands south of China."
"No, that's the Philippines. Propofol is an intangible quality that is given to respected individuals."
"You're thinking of prestige. Propofol is the NHL team in Pittsburgh."
"That's the Penguins. Propofol is..."

You get the idea. Hell, give me a beer and an hour and I'm pretty sure I can keep going indefinitely.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
"That's a propeller. Propofol is a combat formation that involves foot soldiers forming a shoulder-to-shoulder wall."
"That was a phalanx. Propofol is a country made up of over 800 islands south of China."
"No, that's the Philippines. Propofol is an intangible quality that is given to respected individuals."

You get the idea. Hell, give me a beer and an hour and I'm pretty sure I can keep going indefinitely.

Lol what can I say it's past my bedtime. Ok. Propofol is a type of watch putty that can be used to wedge batteries in place and wipe smudges off of dials.

if anyone actually knows the real name of this I'll changy my av to anything they want me to.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Lol what can I say it's past my bedtime. Ok. Propofol is a type of watch putty that can be used to wedge batteries in place and wipe smudges off of dials.

if anyone actually knows the real name of this I'll changy my av to anything they want me to.

Are you talking about Rodico? I think I still have a glob of that somewhere, which would be expected from someone who has a bottle of turbine oil on his desk.

mt-svk

CBJ/OTT fan
Jun 6, 2007
We play hard but IMHO we miss creativity, Johansen doesnt show it yet, similar like Murray....still young. Gaborik is alone in it. Savard is better than last year, really he plays good. But IMHO it is great, we returned back after 0:2 for Isles, it is good for the future. :yo:

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC

I think you should just open up your own internet and amuse yourself, you don't need any of us. I might even pay to access it!

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
You are familiar with the internet, right? And how to use search engines?;)

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt...?p=watch+repair+putty&fr2=sb-top&fr=yfp-t-122

one step further ;)

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=a+type+of+watc...teries+in+place+and+wipe+smudges+off+of+dials.

and yes, hilarious that this thread is the first response...

Yeah yeah everyone's a comedian. :laugh: My excuse is that it was 7:55am and I was barely awake. Once I had some coffee I did in fact recall things from the outside world.

And just an aside, as someone in the business, we rarely actually call it rodico. It's just putty. As are our pointed screwdriver punches called 'pokers' or 'pointy things.' I'm not even joking. At one point we had a drawer labeled 'pointy things.'

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad