GDT: Game 2: Columbus at New York Islanders | 10/5 7PM EDT

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
3119946ed750d25f0f.jpg

Charles_Lindberg_Boulevard_towards_the_Nassau_Veterans_Memorial_Coliseum,_Uniondale,_New_York_-_20070427.jpg

7:00 PM EDT
Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum
Uniondale, New York

large.png

Lines
Jenner-Dubinsky-Gaborik
Calvert-Johansen-Atkinson
Umberger-MacKenzie-Foligno
Letestu-Anismov-Comeau

Johnson-Prout
Murray-Wisniewski
Nikitin-Erixon

Bobrovsky
McElhinney

Inactive
Savard

Injured
Boll, Horton, Tyutin

large.png

Lines
Moulson-Tavares-Okposo
Grabner-Nielsen-Bailey
Nelson-Regin-Bouchard
Martin-Cizikas-McDonald

Hamonic-MacDonald
Hickey-Vishnovsky
Donovan-Strait

Nabokov
Poulin

Inactive
Boulton, Carkner, Reinhard

Injured
Clutterbuck​

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
I'll have it on the iPad while I'm watching the Bucks.

Gotta think they come out stronger than they did last night. Get the legs moving and generate shots - don't get too cute with the puck. Looking for a little more from the defense and Bob as well.

Jackets win 4-2.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Bob McElligott ‏@BobbyMacSports 6m
#Isles coach Jack Capuano says he'll go with the same lineup tonight as last night. That means the #CBJ will face Nabokov.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Jeff Rimer ‏@jrimercbj 24s
It will be Goalie Bob for the #CBJ vs the#Islanders in the Jackets first back to backs of the season.

mt-svk

CBJ/OTT fan
Jun 6, 2007
I hope that we will think more than in the first game, less mistakes. In that case we win :yo:

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
The Jackets are 9-1-1-1 against the Islanders, lifetime. Even if this edition is the Same Old Jackets, they should win tonight.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I'm not terribly confident about tonight. We should be better, but the Isles are not pushovers. Grabner made a few beauty plays last night, easily flying past players of average speed. I don't want Wiz on the ice against him.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
The Jackets are 9-1-1-1 against the Islanders, lifetime. Even if this edition is the Same Old Jackets, they should win tonight.

Problem is I'm not sure these are the same old Isles. Hope you're right.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
11:04 AM to start the GDT? Looks like some posters are as uninspired as they're accusing certain players of being last night. :sarcasm:

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Should be Wisniewski sitting ... not Savard.

The Isles are a better team than in years' past, just like the Jackets. This should be a battle for two points by two very determined teams. Expect some chippy play as they get used to each other and becoming new divisional foes.

I won't predict an outcome, simply because it always seems to jinx the Jackets.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I agree with Mt-from the other thread...go with Letestu - Dubi - Gaby as top line...and stick Arty b/t Cam/Calvert...Arty showed he's ready last night

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
The CBJ should win but first and foremost I want to see our supposed strength, the defense, get their act together... Can't win many games giving up four goals...

Murray played ok last night for the first NHL game of his career.... having Wiz as a partner did not help.

thebus2288*

If were mixing up guys to see what works then go all out.

Cam-Dubi-Gabby
Johan-AA-Calvert
Umby-Jenner-Letestu
Comeau-Mac-Foligno

Go back to at least a true top line. I'm to the point where if Dubi's with Gaborik I wanna see our other 2 big centers together on a line. Together on the PP last night right? I think the way Jenner plays he's actually better for the center spot. Think he's better suited for that "shutdown" role than Johan is also.

JJ-Murray
Prout-Nikitin
Erixon-Savard/Wiz

If Wiz continues with anything close to last night he'll quickly become the new Umberger for me. HE'S OUR HIGHEST PAID D MAN. I actually liked Savard last night.

I just have this feeling that we light Nabokov up tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad