GDT: Game 2: Columbus at New York Islanders | 10/5 7PM EDT

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Yeah yeah everyone's a comedian. :laugh: My excuse is that it was 7:55am and I was barely awake. Once I had some coffee I did in fact recall things from the outside world.

And just an aside, as someone in the business, we rarely actually call it rodico. It's just putty. As are our pointed screwdriver punches called 'pokers' or 'pointy things.' I'm not even joking. At one point we had a drawer labeled 'pointy things.'

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Triple nickel, Mil Spec 23699, or Mobil Jet II? LOL!

Gemline CE441, with a 14" telescoping spout for precise application. I got it from my father, who years ago handed me a box of various items and said "you might need these for something". Most of those items are also on my desk, so there's a coaxial cable splitter, a thermostat for a Pontiac Sunfire (which none of us have ever owned or driven), a small bag full of screws, a travel mug promoting organ donation, and a CD copy of the Slade album "Keep Your Hands Off My Power Supply".

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Honestly are you an expert on everything? Lol. Ok what's my avatar going to be.

The same as it is currently.

And just an aside, as someone in the business, we rarely actually call it rodico. It's just putty. As are our pointed screwdriver punches called 'pokers' or 'pointy things.' I'm not even joking. At one point we had a drawer labeled 'pointy things.'

With my father, his entire workshop area is (generally) clearly marked. He took an old card catalog from a closed-down library and converted it into a huge container for all kinds of small things, made easier by a label maker. So if he needs to find a 3/8" bolt, it's in a different spot than the 1/4" or the 1/2".

With my in-laws, they have that "pointy things" type of drawer. We once picked up our mail on the way to visit them, and I had an envelope that was more difficult to open than a football. So when we arrived, I asked for something to cut it open with. Her mother opened the drawer and said "which sharp thing do you want?" There were kitchen shears, pinking shears, scissors, an awl, an icepick, a seam ripper, some type of knitting or crocheting needle, a handful of bobby pins...you get the idea.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
With my father, his entire workshop area is (generally) clearly marked. He took an old card catalog from a closed-down library and converted it into a huge container for all kinds of small things, made easier by a label maker. So if he needs to find a 3/8" bolt, it's in a different spot than the 1/4" or the 1/2".

Are we related? That describes my dad to a T. He had his card catalog in the basement separating screws from bolts and they were all sorted by size. He had them all in old baby food jars. After we moved to the new house I don't know what he did with that thing. I don't think I've seen it in almost 20 years. I always attributed it to him being an engineer.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Are we related? That describes my dad to a T. He had his card catalog in the basement separating screws from bolts and they were all sorted by size. He had them all in old baby food jars. After we moved to the new house I don't know what he did with that thing. I don't think I've seen it in almost 20 years. I always attributed it to him being an engineer.

No, mine used/uses baby food jars for washers and snap rings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad