GDT: Game 19: Wild @ Red Wings- 12PM CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Now 0-7 since trading Addison, it's getting a little eerie, was he the true locker room guy?
Sure. Riiight.gif

rielledup

Sep 17, 2015
Is it time to accept that Gus caught lightning in a bottle last season and drop him in my fantasy league?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Is it time to accept that Gus caught lightning in a bottle last season and drop him in my fantasy league?
If our defense wa half as good too... it's a combination. Our D made goaltending easy for a LONG TIME! Gus took a step back himself, the defense took 3 or 4 steps back. Guys not putting in 200ft effort.

rielledup

Sep 17, 2015
If our defense wa half as good too... it's a combination. Our D made goaltending easy for a LONG TIME! Gus took a step back himself, the defense took 3 or 4 steps back. Guys not putting in 200ft effort.
For what's it's worth defensive metrics like expected goals against and high danger scoring chances against per game still have the Wild as one of the best defensive teams in the league, atleast 5 on 5.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Now 0-7 since trading Addison, it's getting a little eerie, was he the true locker room guy?
The real problem is Middleton. During this losing streak he only has 1 point in 7 games, while he had 8 in 11 before this. If our best offensive defenseman isn't going to contribute, I don't see how the Wild win from here out.

Maybe it is because he doesn't have Addison to shelter him anymore, though.

rielledup

Sep 17, 2015
For what's it's worth defensive metrics like expected goals against and high danger scoring chances against per game still have the Wild as one of the best defensive teams in the league, atleast 5 on 5.
Yea, just looked up those same numbers for the pk and the wild are terrible defensively on the pk. Kinda strange how they can be one of the best teams defensively 5 on 5 and so terrible on the pk.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
The real problem is Middleton. During this losing streak he only has 1 point in 7 games, while he had 8 in 11 before this. If our best offensive defenseman isn't going to contribute, I don't see how the Wild win from here out.

I'm not worried about Middleton long term, he's too good not to regress back to the mean (8 points in 11 games), he'll put it together soon

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Yea, just looked up those same numbers for the pk and the wild are terrible defensively on the pk. Kinda strange how they can be one of the best teams defensively 5 on 5 and so terrible on the pk.
Being a terrible faceoff team sure doesn't help the pk

Wabit

May 23, 2016

This feels like sarcasm, but I'm not sure... Middleton had 15p last season and 14p the season before.

Middleton is a 6/7D and that's it.

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
I think it/s safe to say their spirit is broken.
29th and another year of cap hell? not sure 100 Million for a good grinder was worth it?
Coyle,Neiddereider,Talbot,Tuch,Fiala all gone. Its going to be a long winter.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I think it/s safe to say their spirit is broken.
29th and another year of cap hell? not sure 100 Million for a good grinder was worth it?
Coyle,Neiddereider,Talbot,Tuch,Fiala all gone. Its going to be a long winter.
Agreed. Except I don't miss most of those guy listed....except for Fiala....maybe Tuch and Nino.

But yeah. They're a broken team tuning out their coach.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Agreed. Except I don't miss most of those guy listed....except for Fiala....maybe Tuch and Nino.

I choose to count Tuch only because we didn't really have enough time to get attached like some of the other guys, but we'd definitely miss him if he was here longer.

Reactions: TaLoN and NHL1674

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Lot of the guys we’ve lost would actually make up a pretty decent 2nd/3rd line on reasonable cap hits. Not to mention both Coyle & Haula are 53%+ FOW guys.

Fiala: 6G-14A-20P in 19GP ($7.875M)
Coyle: 9G-10A-19P in 20GP ($5.25M)
Tuch: 6G-8A-14P in 18GP($4.75M)
Nino: 6G-8A-14P in 20GP($4.00M)
Haula: 6G-6A-12P in 18GP ($3.15M)

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018

Coyle has been super solid in Boston. Responsible 200 ft player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad