GDT: Game 19: Sharks @ Kraken 7:00pm NBCSCA

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I think that’s a Grier call tbh. I think he’s focused mostly on getting any resemblance of efficiency out of them in the hopes of making them deadline appealing.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Who is our best defenseman? Is it Emberson? Addison? Okhotiuk? These are all inexcusable answers, we don't have the D core to expect any better than being caved in every night
According to this we have at least two.
1700802164938.png

• Wow
Reactions: Chinaski89

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I guess any opportunity to be critical of Ferraro…
He gives us plenty of opportunities to do so

I wish he was a better player, but he simply hasn't performed well since his rookie year and has regressed massively, it's unfortunate because everyone seems to like him and he was the lone bright spot in the 2020 season but he's playing like an injury call up right now

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
He gives us plenty of opportunities to do so

I wish he was a better player, but he simply hasn't performed well since his rookie year and has regressed massively, it's unfortunate because everyone seems to like him and he was the lone bright spot in the 2020 season but he's playing like an injury call up right now
He's also not nearly as bad as everyone here claims he is, and frankly it's just lazy now to constantly point the finger as him as a whipping boy considering he's basically the only D-man out there putting forth any sort of dedication.

Reactions: CupfortheSharks

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
He's also not nearly as bad as everyone here claims he is, and frankly it's just lazy now to constantly point the finger as him as a whipping boy considering he's basically the only D-man out there putting forth any sort of dedication.
He's not my whipping boy, I don't think he's close to our worst defenseman, Burroughs is one of the most horrifying players I've ever watched and Rutta has provided nothing of value

Ferraro definitely isn't our biggest problem, but the fact that he's one of our better defenseman is indicative of the real issue because at his best he's performed like a good bottom pair D and that quality of player can't be expected to play a shutdown role against top competition, it isn't fair to him and it sets everyone on the team up for failure

Reactions: CupfortheSharks

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
He's not my whipping boy, I don't think he's close to our worst defenseman, Burroughs is one of the most horrifying players I've ever watched and Rutta has provided nothing of value

Ferraro definitely isn't our biggest problem, but the fact that he's one of our better defenseman is indicative of the real issue because at his best he's performed like a good bottom pair D and that quality of player can't be expected to play a shutdown role against top competition, it isn't fair to him and it sets everyone on the team up for failure
I’ll agree with that, however I will say he’s performed more like a middle two pairing asked to sacrifice too much of what he does well to compensate for lack of offense from the top pairing. This is why I want a guy like Hanifin brought in - to help ease Ferraro back into a more limited defensive role so he can focus on what he’s good at.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Apart from Rutta and Vlasic, all of our defensemen would be decent enough third pairing guys in other situations. The problem is at least 4 of them are asked to do way more than that on a nightly basis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad