GDT: Game 19: Red Wings at b's 1:00 pm et 11/24/23 (BSD)

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
We played a good 56 minutes of hockey. Flubbing the 5-on-3 was bad, but at least the Bruins had to earn their goals today, and didn't have them gifted.
5 on 3 with a chance to ice the game and Perron is out there instead of Raymond.. Makes no sense at all

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
wish would could get rid of copp and put danny in his place.
1700859252375.jpeg

ask and you shall receive

SwedeChristoffer

Jul 30, 2019
5 on 3 with a chance to ice the game and Perron is out there instead of Raymond.. Makes no sense at all

They probably haven't practiced 5v3 with the new unit. So they rolled out the old PP unit. Positions and roles change very much on 5v4 vs 5v3, so they probably felt it was best to use the unit that at least in theory knew what they should be doing. It's very common to do this.

In reality it looked like the unit didn't know what they were doing anyway :)

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
Have we cancelled the cancelling of the Red Wings now that we've won two in a row against NJ and BOS? Or is everything over and this team is a failure still?

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
This is probably the best game they played all year other than that complete garbage 5 on 3.
Everytime Detroit was challenged they responded. When Boston tried to come back Detroit punched them back down.

Boston has only 2 regulation losses, both to Detroit.

ShakenNotStirred

Feb 1, 2015
NW PA
Jack Edwards couldn't call bingo.

I've loathed that guy for a long time and haven't (won't) listened to their broadcast in quite some time. For fun I switched over and was floored. He must have had some kind of stroke because he was so slow on the call and just sounded dumb.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
I'm sure our Redmond and Co have some homerism in them and I let it slide because of my own bias. It comes natural. As a Blue Jays fan in baseball it was a breathe of fresh air to hear some harsh criticism of the team down the stretch and into the wild card coming from the booth.
OK, watched the highlights and they had the Boston feed. I take back everything I said (except for the Rizutto stuff :) ) - I had the names confused. I have always disliked both of the Boston guys but it's the other guy I dislike more and that I think is the real jerkface. Edwards is a homer, yes, but not really a vicious one (I've watched a few games when I've visited relatives in Worcester) and does indeed deserve a) a little slack based on events and b) an honorable sendoff. Shame on me.

So mea culpa on this one, and thanks for holding my feet to the fire.

Reactions: saska sault

stillwater

cellar door
Mar 17, 2011
If I were a Cup team, I wouldn't even allow my players to whisper his name.

But I understand where you're coming from. He does seem to make an early positive impression.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad