Pre-Game Talk: Game 19: Preds @ Blues 2PM

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
This is a .500 team at best, and imagine if we have any key injuries? Could get ugly in a hurry.

Reactions: LogosBlue

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
The Blues are a bad team when they don’t get .930 save percentage from their goalies.

Reactions: Blueston

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Not a fun game to watch. It's actually an advantage for the away team to play a day game right after a major holiday with your own family. Let's hope things get better soon. Thanks everyone for the birthday greetings.

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
Man is Krug f***ing horrible. I know we talk about it all the time, and I'm loathe to beat a dead horse, but Jesus does he ever cough up the puck like a machine.

Vrana has been scratched the last two games and we've given up a combined 13 goals. Pretty sure he's not the f***ing problem Craig.

Our PP scored a goal, that's something positive I guess.

Thomas still looks every bit the 1C we can build around. I liked the Thomas/Buch/Neighbors line. Kyrou doesn't work with those two, he's always trying to score the highlight reel goal with them instead of playing smart. Keeping Kyrou and Thomas apart is the correct call and there are plenty of teams that have more success with their best offensive players on different lines.

I'd like to see us stop pulling Hofer, even if he's struggling. Binny needs rest, he's been brought in on back to back Hofer starts (While also getting pulled from one of his). Not how we should be playing that.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
Giving up a lot of goals recently. Hopefully its just one of those stretches that happen every year and not this team regressing back to last years awful defensive coverage and lack of back-checking from the forwards..

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Same can be said about a lot of teams.
Not really, the actual good teams in this league can win without their goalies completely standing on their head. The Blues cannot because they’re terrible.

Man is Krug f***ing horrible. I know we talk about it all the time, and I'm loathe to beat a dead horse, but Jesus does he ever cough up the puck like a machine.

Vrana has been scratched the last two games and we've given up a combined 13 goals. Pretty sure he's not the f***ing problem Craig.

Our PP scored a goal, that's something positive I guess.

Thomas still looks every bit the 1C we can build around. I liked the Thomas/Buch/Neighbors line. Kyrou doesn't work with those two, he's always trying to score the highlight reel goal with them instead of playing smart. Keeping Kyrou and Thomas apart is the correct call and there are plenty of teams that have more success with their best offensive players on different lines.

I'd like to see us stop pulling Hofer, even if he's struggling. Binny needs rest, he's been brought in on back to back Hofer starts (While also getting pulled from one of his). Not how we should be playing that.
I love how JR put out an article like a week ago how Krug is part of the solution now. :laugh: Absolutely terrible.

It’s almost like the defense has remained bad all season and the argument “well at least they’re not giving up as many back door tap-ins as last year!!” means nothing. This defense, no matter what system they play, cannot hold up. It’s very simple.

Quaz

Mar 15, 2006
St Louis
I loved the game from Neighbours today. It’s about time they put him on the PP! He had a short stint on the PP several games ago and looked good. He also made a great play that led to Buchnevich’s goal. 4 game point streak! I hope he can keep it going. Krug and Faulk have got to be better. I thought Leddy had a bad game as well. It also drove me nuts that they kept passing into skates on the breakout. Hopefully we will see a strong defensive effort against CHI on Sunday.

Reactions: Fez Whatley

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad