GDT: Game # 19 - Jets @ Stars - 7:30 CT, Friday Nov. 25th. — Who the f*** is Dallas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Okay. Morrissey did push Benn into Hellebuyck. That caused the contact. It also knocked his helmet off. The play should have been blown dead. The goalie cannot play if his helmet is off. The only thing that makes sense here is if it's a non-reviewable play that they have to catch in live action. It's f***ing stupid. f*** the NHL, f*** these refs, and f*** the Dallas Stars.

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
I dont give a f*** how his helmet fell off.

Once its off, its incumbent upon the official to blow that whistle.

1669436756961.gif

Ossific

Aug 23, 2010
Benns a piece of shit, always has been
Agreed, but also can we also just agree that Morrisey (who has been great this year) did something dumb and is sending this to OT.

Terrible Jets play on all 5 EN goals in the last few games.

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
Two things

1) I think that the rule is the play stops when the team with the goalie down has possession - not 100% sure

2) I didn't like Helle's response on the play. Seemed fine after he got up, sort of like he wanted the play blown instead of trying on the play.
Did you watch the Toronto game when Murray pushed the net off 3 times when hemmed in? Goalies push the limits all the time but when a goalie is unprotected they need to whistle it down!

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Two things

1) I think that the rule is the play stops when the team with the goalie down has possession - not 100% sure

2) I didn't like Helle's response on the play. Seemed fine after he got up, sort of like he wanted the play blown instead of trying on the play.

He got his head and neck twisted, and had his helmet popped off. What the f*** do you expect him to do?

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
Not if the goaltender loses his equipment.

Edit: Nope, I was misremembering.
When a goalkeeper has lost his helmet and/or face mask and his
team has control of the puck, play shall be stopped immediately to
allow the goalkeeper the opportunity to regain his helmet and/or face
mask. When the opposing team has control of the puck, play shall
only be stopped if there is no immediate and impending scoring
opportunity

Reactions: ryerockarola
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events