GDT: Game # 19 - Jets @ Stars - 7:30 CT, Friday Nov. 25th. — Who the f*** is Dallas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
at this rate.....teams are going to start pulling the goalie....with 10 minutes left...

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
I think the only debate there is because Hellebuyck lost his helmet that the whistle should've went. It's undeniable that Morrissey was the cause though, so I think it would have been a delay of game even if it did get overturned :dunno:

I don't necessarily disagree with the call but the whistle definitely would've been blown if they had seen Hellebuyck lost his helmet.
Jets need possession to get a whistle.

Reactions: macmaroon

ryerockarola

Nov 20, 2011
Benn still knew what he was doing

I just slo-mo'd. He's dipping he's shoulder after the puck pops loose a bit just before JoMo hits him

It looks bad on review but I have it freeze-framed where Benn's shoulder is just going to take Helle's mask off and Jomo hasn't touched him yet.

Refs don't have that or they do or did. But it looked like it live, Benn dips his shoulder before JoMo touches him

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
These are the worst refs ive ever seen
A75D1361-E3CA-42FF-BFA3-F88247123BB4.gif

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
Regardless of what causes a goalie to lose his helmet, it should be blown dead. Unless they are supposed to wait till the Jets have puck possession?

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Ossific

Aug 23, 2010
Morrissey 100% pushed him into Hellebuyck. Nothing to argue about.

Although, an arguement could be made how long Helle was just laying there and no whistle
Two things

1) I think that the rule is the play stops when the team with the goalie down has possession - not 100% sure

2) I didn't like Helle's response on the play. Seemed fine after he got up, sort of like he wanted the play blown instead of trying on the play.

Reactions: rehf

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont

I just slo-mo'd. He's dipping he's shoulder after the puck pops loose a bit just before JoMo hits him

It looks bad on review but I have it freeze-framed where Benn's shoulder is just going to take Helle's mask off and Jomo hasn't touched him yet.

Refs don't have that.
Benns a piece of shit, always has been

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014

Refs don't have that.
Yes Benn was going to hit Helle anyways. That's what makes the play so dumb.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Two things

1) I think that the rule is the play stops when the team with the goalie down has possession - not 100% sure

2) I didn't like Helle's response on the play. Seemed fine after he got up, sort of like he wanted the play blown instead of trying on the play.

Regarding point 2, I agree. He seemed fine after.

Reactions: Ossific

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
The way it is suppose to work…

helmet comes off, whistle goes instantly

if it is determined the Jet player was responsible for the helmet coming off, it is a delay of Game penalty to the Jets.

but it is still no goal.

ref screwed up by not blowing the whistle , more so when the goalie is at risk of injury.

MotionlessGravity

Apr 15, 2014
Winnipeg

Refs don't have that.
100% Josh barely leans on him. Benn would have hit him either way imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad