Post-Game Talk: Game 19 - Anaheim Ducks vs Montreal Canadiens , 7pm PT, BSSC

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
And???

He's the one who made the pass to McTavish. Fowler got the second assist but wasn’t the one that made the stretch pass. Vatrano did.

Right, but on Vatrano’s game tying goal, Fowler made the stretch pass to MacT unless I’m misremembering. Not sure what you’re arguing here.

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
Deep breaths people. Losing sucks but this part of the deal on a young team that gives ice time to rookie in critical moments. The goal is to learn and not repeat the same mistakes. The goal is not to win and get points.

Hopefully minty learns from the situation and the learns can practice clearing the fricking pick out of the zone more consistently. I think almost every goal was a result of failed clears or careless turnovers.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Right, but on Vatrano’s game tying goal, Fowler made the stretch pass to MacT unless I’m misremembering. Not sure what you’re arguing here.
Fowler beat a couple guys behind the net and made a nice pass to Frank at the Ducks blue line. Frank passed it to Mac at the Habs line who dropped it for Frank. So Fowler started the play but the blue line-to-blue line stretch came from Frank.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
We forget this team was dead last in the NHL a year ago. That winning streak kind of gave us hope. But realistically. They were coming back in games they had no business winning as well. And now the rookies are making mistakes.. It's frustrating for sure..

This shit all started with that ***** creating that ducks thread in the main boards.. since then. Ducks have sucked ass. Talk about cursing
The counter to that is we’re a few games under 500 at home. Even the worst nhl teams end up hovering around 500 at home for a season

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Been 19 games with a new coach and system. Anyone who is growing sour on him alreasy expects way to much out of this team
This….. it takes 20+ for a team to fully get used to a new system…. Add that to the fact that most of our impact players are essentially 23 and under(3 of them not currently in the line up due to injury). A complete new defense, outside of fowler.

Going to be some bumps in the road, at least they are competitive on most nights.

Reactions: lwvs84

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
That 4on4 was stresful. We played well but we also had no idea what to do which showed in body language and then Minty with the dumb play to play it back in the traffic.

From The Sporting Tribune (Derek Lee):

Coincidental unsportsmanlike penalties changed the game to 4-on-4 and eventually led to Montreal putting home the game-winning goal with just under five minutes remaining in the third. Pavel Mintyukov left a drop pass for Mason McTavish, but it was sniffed out by Jake Evans. A 2-on-1 rush gave Newhook plenty of time to pick his spot.
“I think it was honestly my fault, I was calling for it,” said McTavish. “It sucks, they go down and make us pay. I liked our third. That’s just the way it goes. There’s a lot of games, can’t get too down on yourself and hopefully get out of this four-game losing streak.”

So it's not Minty's fault. Mac telegraphed it to anyone in hearing range to get a drop pass. Unfortunately, Jake Evans was also in hearing range.

Reactions: Kalv and lwvs84

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA

Coincidental unsportsmanlike penalties changed the game to 4-on-4 and eventually led to Montreal putting home the game-winning goal with just under five minutes remaining in the third. Pavel Mintyukov left a drop pass for Mason McTavish, but it was sniffed out by Jake Evans. A 2-on-1 rush gave Newhook plenty of time to pick his spot.
“I think it was honestly my fault, I was calling for it,” said McTavish. “It sucks, they go down and make us pay. I liked our third. That’s just the way it goes. There’s a lot of games, can’t get too down on yourself and hopefully get out of this four-game losing streak.”

So it's not Minty's fault. Mac telegraphed it to anyone in hearing range to get a drop pass. Unfortunately, Jake Evans was also in hearing range.
Minty still shares the blame, even if he calls for it you gotta make that pass crisp. Letting it trickle in open space is asking for a turnover, and that’s what he got.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I think it was in the 3rd, Leo was coming into the offensive zone with the puck looking absolutely dangerous as well and then flubbed it. The Minty turnover was more glaring but there were a handful of instances where they just didn’t execute offensively.

Reactions: Kalv

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

True leader right there. Taking the blame. Still, Minty should learn not to make those high risky plays when the game is tied with less than 5 mins to go.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
That Vatrano made the stretch pass, not Fowler. Pretty simple.

edit: someone else mentioned it.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
True leader right there. Taking the blame. Still, Minty should learn not to make those high risky plays when the game is tied with less than 5 mins to go.

Mac should also learn not to call for a drop pass too. He put the rookie is a bad situation. Mac's responsible when he called for it and couldn't win the puck. Both can learn from this mistake.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Been 19 games with a new coach and system. Anyone who is growing sour on him alreasy expects way to much out of this team

Our PP and PK are ranked 13th in the league, far better than 31st for both last year. At overall, we ranked 31st in GF and 32nd in GA. This year, we are ranked 23rd in GF and 20th in GA. We've made big improvements, but I think many believe we're playoff ready today and that is what is causing lots of high expectations.

Reactions: Dr Johnny Fever

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Our PP and PK are ranked 13th in the league, far better than 31st for both last year. At overall, we ranked 31st in GF and 32nd in GA. This year, we are ranked 23rd in GF and 20th in GA. We've made big improvements, but I think many believe we're playoff ready today and that is what is causing lots of high expectations.
This.. And I will be the first to admit that.. I thought they might have run with it.. I think the biggest problem with this team is Terry not producing and Silf and Henrique being usless

heynowbababooey

Sep 29, 2017
I got tickets for tomorrows game and I really hope I dont regret it. Pretty sure we're gonna get invaded. Just hope we keep it close.

Reactions: lwvs84

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad