GDT: Game: 17. Edmonton @ Washington 5pm Puck drop Or the time JTS admits it may be time to panic

Status
Not open for further replies.

OilCountry93

Jul 2, 2014
RIP Brossoit. Not that I think he’s a bad goalie, he was so good in our early October game against Vancouver but our PK vs. Ovie, Backstrom and Kuznetsov? It’s gonna be a bloodbath.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Only thing I have to say is regardless of how the season has started, and regardless of how this game goes, running Klefbom out of town is not the answer.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
I miss the old Conner, his drive and determination, seems to lacking lately...

His first goal after coming back from his injury, against the CBJ's, was priceless...

Hopefully he will get that back tonight..

He's still putting up the points but he doesn't look the same as he did last year. He's much slower and fumbles the puck more. Still the best but he looked like a god last year.

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
Only thing I have to say is regardless of how the season has started, and regardless of how this game goes, running Klefbom out of town is not the answer.
It’s not the answer, I agree. We’ve done that to way too many players but I will champion him being put on the third pairing, taking him off the PP and even scratching him for a game until something(likely ego) gets him to at least work his ass off. Im not sure about his ceiling anymore with how many brain cramps he’s had already but he can be more than worth his contract, we all know. A lot of people predicting this was the year he proved he was a top 15-20 in the league certainly aren’t loving him right now. The sad part is that he was supposed to help provide us salary offset for the mammoth contracts just signed but if Sekera was back, we’d actually just be possibly having a bottom pairing making over 8 million a year. Good Lord.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
He's still putting up the points but he doesn't look the same as he did last year. He's much slower and fumbles the puck more. Still the best but he looked like a god last year.

Keep in mind teams are covering him a lot more this season than last. He's double and sometimes triple teamed because opponents know if you slow down Connor he is EDM's offense. No one else is doing anything on this team. But he's still put up 5 or 6 insane highlights already in 16 games so far.

Reactions: Sam Spade

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
I just find it interesting that Chia was worried enough this early.
I find it interesting that he wasn't worried earlier.
Like say summer time when something could have/should have been done to address obvious roster holes.

Reactions: A91

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Keep in mind teams are covering him a lot more this season than last. He's double and sometimes triple teamed because opponents know if you slow down Connor he is EDM's offense. No one else is doing anything on this team. But he's still put up 5 or 6 insane highlights already in 16 games so far.
Yeah, good points there. They're on him like a cheap mop.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I don't think any games now are must-win, but we definitely have to starting winning more games over the next 20

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I have a feeling they'll win. They should be pissed about yesterday's result, so they should come out blazing. Key word being 'should'. With this team this season, who knows, but I'd say the odds are that they win, as long as the lucky bounces are even (or in our favor).

I put 7000 vCash (or whatever it is now) on an Oiler victory. It's either going to be a win, or we get blown out. But I think it's about 70% chance we get the win, which is sure enough for me to place a bet. Now that I say this, we probably get blown out of the building. Eh, whatever. This shit is only entertainment (in many ways just a mirage, and meaningless, depending on how you define what is truly meaningful), and shouldn't let this crap get to you too much.

So, go Oilers, and stuff, or something!
If we lose, I wont lose any sleep. Don't think I ever have, in all honesty.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
I honestly see a Caps blow out happening. LB is going to be exposed and OV, Kuzy, Backstrom are gonna pad their stats.

6-1 Caps.

Emotive

Oct 6, 2017
I honestly see a Caps blow out happening. LB is going to be exposed and OV, Kuzy, Backstrom are gonna pad their stats.

6-1 Caps.

I hope you’re wrong, but sadly I agree. I was a red deer rebels season ticket when brossoit played for the oil kings and he owned us back then. I was stoked when the oilers drafted him and he has shown a few shines of brilliance, but sadly his game hasn’t seemed to translate well to the NHL.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Do coaches ever ask the players, who they feel more comfortable, playing with..
Or does their coaching ego, rule out that as an option..

I think it depends on the stature of the coach.

Many Pens fans believe Crosby hates playing with Hornqvist so Sullivan doesn't really play him with him beyond the PP.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Come on boys, play like you did in the Rangers game, avoid the dumb mistakes and bad penalties, and cash an extra goal or two and we could go back home with a solid road trip in the bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad