GDT: Game: 17. Edmonton @ Washington 5pm Puck drop Or the time JTS admits it may be time to panic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
jukebox for the day till we get more information

Previews
Edmonton Oilers - Washington Capitals - November 12th, 2017
Edmonton Oilers vs. Washington Capitals
Sportsnet.ca Live Tracker
Lowetide.ca | G17 2017-18: Oilers at Capitals
(no title)
Edmonton Oilers @ Washington Capitals Game Preview
Oilers/Rangers: Five Things We Learned After Game 16
Stats Comparison - Oilers at Capitals
stats-comparison-2017020261

cut.jpg

Observation from Stauffer

from lowetide
forwards-6.png

lets walk off last morning's game and move on

will add more info as it comes to light

and yes

After watching the last few games--I will admit the hill we are climbing is bigger then I thought

Last edited:

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
Hey guys, hope it's cool if I hang out for this game. Gotta take advantage of the early games to see McDavid. :)
I've little hope that McDavid has a great night, it's b2b and McDavid has been playing 25 minutes a night lately. It's absurd that he gets played so much, at least take him off the penalty kill to reserve some energy for ES.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I've little hope that McDavid has a great night, it's b2b and McDavid has been playing 25 minutes a night lately. It's absurd that he gets played so much, at least take him off the penalty kill to reserve some energy for ES.

It's Washington, they like to play an open game I bet the game becomes a track meet at some point which is right in McDavid's pocket. I bet he has a big game tonight.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Leagues worst PK against a team with Ovechkin and Kuznetzov.

Holtby has been good lately too. Expecting a game like the Rangers one.

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
Hopefully McDavid and Drai got their heads out of their asses last night... Let's f***in go boys, we've had 1 line and 1 D pairing be consistent this year. Wake the f*** up...

Alowlyoilersfan

Sep 28, 2017
need to avoid taking penalties like the plague

I have hope for the PP, but the Pk seems like an endless abyss of hopelessness.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Still not what I consider a must win game. Last year I would have penciled the Oilers for back to back losses. A morning game and then a early evening game against two very strong teams... yeah the Oilers are in tough today and overall.

That second line yesterday looked f***ing awesome tho. Thought they could of easily had three goals yesterday.

I'm going to against the odds and call an Oilers win today. Goals by Jessie, Kassian, Nuge, and Maroon. They will need to dig deep and feed off the energy a guy like Jessie can bring.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Leagues worst PK against a team with Ovechkin and Kuznetzov.

Holtby has been good lately too. Expecting a game like the Rangers one.

As it stands how, it's the 4th worst since PK% was tracked. Kings and Caps teams around 1980 were the only ones ever worse.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
If the lines stay the same, which I think they will, then it'll be Lucic - RNH - Puljujarvi against Ovi - Kuzy - Smith-Pelly. That should be an interesting matchup, hope Pulju can stand his ground and maybe even learn a bit from Ovi's game.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
A rested Capitals who showed some form recently doesnt feel like a game to stay up to watch!

But, This years Capitals arent like last years regular season team, their D is below average and their pp is well scouted and stereotype. Feels like a ugly 3-2 win tonight, Drai with 2 and Puli 1 goal, on our heels the whole third period but we ride out the storm!

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016
Time to get some points again. I hope they give Pulju PP time tonight. Hopefully the 2nd line keeps the level they had yesterday and the others raise theirs.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Any info on tonight's lines?
I'm hoping a top 6 of:
Maroon - McD - JP
Lucic - Drai - RNH

A case can be made for what you propose, but I can't see McLellan rolling with that. Pulujarvi's first game went very well on the second line. Despite the first line's woes I suspect we will see:

Maroon - McDavid - Draisaitl
Looch - Nuge - Pool party

While I ultimately think Drai is best for the team as 2C, if that second line can work then things are all good.

If/when Slepy gets healthy I'd like to see the Oilers try a Slepy - McDavid - Draisaitl first line.

Dashh

Oct 26, 2013
Lets hope drai can do something this game. Need to split up that top line as mcdavid and drai defer to one another way too much. Nuge should be inserted up there instead of drai, at least he's playing like he's worth his contract !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad