GDT: Game 17: Columbus at Washington | 11/12 7PM EST

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Just need to feed Bob whatever we gave him last season. Once he's on a roll, the team will pick up the confidence and rise.

RogerSterling

Aug 25, 2013
You can look at it that way, or you can look and see we are only 5 points out of the last playoff spot.

It'd be great if it were that simple. Unfortunately other teams have games to play, too. I don't think this team is good enough to not only make up the five points in the standings, but all the other points the teams ahead of them are bound to get as well.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
No thanks.

779819a722503fa162e053b51364e812b92422c6.jpg

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
Theyre a bad team, all around. They still look like a skilled beer league team at times, not an NHL team. You'll have guys who can make some moves, or take it end to end, but you dont see them play like a team

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
what a joke...i mean i get the reasoning...but teams don't care about facing us...

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 1m
A decent chance #Bruins go with back-up G Chad Johnson vs. #CBJ on Thursday. Boston plays at division-rival Ottawa on Friday.

also, way to look great with the Olympic scout in the crowd to watch you Bob... :shakehead

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
what a joke...i mean i get the reasoning...but teams don't care about facing us...

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 1m
A decent chance #Bruins go with back-up G Chad Johnson vs. #CBJ on Thursday. Boston plays at division-rival Ottawa on Friday.

If other teams can beat us with their back up, why not other teams? Here we are again, with our season in the balance and it's not even Thanksgiving and while facing backup goaltenders. I was really hoping this team could hold on until Horton was healthy, but I guess that's too much to ask of "professional" hockey players.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
If other teams can beat us with their back up, why not other teams? Here we are again, with our season in the balance and it's not even Thanksgiving and while facing backup goaltenders. I was really hoping this team could hold on until Horton was healthy, but I guess that's too much to ask of "professional" hockey players.

that's all i wanted to...we're still in "OK" shape...like mentioned only 5 pts out of a spot...but feels like 15 pts...

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
If we lose this one, Sam will be banned from GDT creation.

Ban hammer.

Never figured out why the GTD has so much theater. I'd be ok if it was created 5 minutes before with a simple "game on" as the first post.

As for the game. For some odd reason we have to learn how to win again. At least we followed my first rule. If you are going to lose, make sure its in OT.

Last edited:

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Because it works? :sarcasm:

Pretty sure hitting "New Thread", inserting a title, and typing "Go Jackets" works as well. There is probably some humor and superstition in here (or sarcasm about), but meh.

It's just odd to me we wait on these grandiose threads. Hopefully they have it down, because it looks like too much work.

I can honestly say I haven't paid any attention to the lines or list of scratches all year.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Theyre a bad team, all around. They still look like a skilled beer league team at times, not an NHL team. You'll have guys who can make some moves, or take it end to end, but you dont see them play like a team

I thought we were the better team on the ice tbh. It was a well played game, disappointing finish however. Let's see if they can build on this and grab a point or two in Boston.

random observations:

Wiz is seeing the ice really well offensively, but his missed check in OT can't happen.

Prout isn't the same guy he was last season. Erat made him look pretty silly on the first Caps goal.

Joey is becoming a beast on the ice.

RJ's turnover to Ovie in the 1st period was terrible...not what you expect from a high paid veteran leader.

Gaborik, Atkinson, and Anisimov are getting shots and thats what they need to continue to do. 4 shots each last night. I can't wait to see how sentiments change around here when 10's nasty wrister starts finding its way past goalies.

Dubinsky and Johnson are leading this team out of the hole, I just hope the rest of the guys follow.

What happened to Letestu?

Another so-so game from Bob...we need more for the $ we're paying.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Was an alright game but we really should have finished it and come away with 2 points. The way it ended was pretty discouraging.

Here's to the loser point

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Was an alright game but we really should have finished it and come away with 2 points. The way it ended was pretty discouraging.

Here's to the loser point

I think the discouraging thing to most fans is that the sense that the team would let the late 3rd period lead slip away that many felt last night is something we hoped would carry over from last season's push. Too much SOJ last night/this season.

Doug19

Oct 14, 2008
Columbus, OH
Pretty sure hitting "New Thread", inserting a title, and typing "Go Jackets" works as well. There is probably some humor and superstition in here (or sarcasm about), but meh.

It's just odd to me we wait on these grandiose threads. Hopefully they have it down, because it looks like too much work.

I can honestly say I haven't paid any attention to the lines or list of scratches all year.

I know man, gdt's are so mainstream, i liked them before they were cool. Edgy, so edgy.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
I think the discouraging thing to most fans is that the sense that the team would let the late 3rd period lead slip away that many felt last night is something we hoped would carry over from last season's push. Too much SOJ last night/this season.

I didn't have that feeling until the last two minutes, when it became pretty evident on the ice that they were just hanging on.

I will say, I wasn't sure they had it in them to come back and tie after giving up the shorty, and I wasn't expecting Cam's go-ahead goal. That kind of 3rd period effort on the road felt like last year's team. Once those goals happened, I was only a little worried. It was about a minute before the Caps tying goal that I started getting that SOJ feeling. (And boy did I get it)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad