GDT: Game 17: Columbus at Washington | 11/12 7PM EST

JrussJacket

May 26, 2004
Twitter @jrusscbj
I thought we were the better team on the ice tbh. It was a well played game, disappointing finish however. Let's see if they can build on this and grab a point or two in Boston.

random observations:

Wiz is seeing the ice really well offensively, but his missed check in OT can't happen.

Prout isn't the same guy he was last season. Erat made him look pretty silly on the first Caps goal.

Joey is becoming a beast on the ice.

RJ's turnover to Ovie in the 1st period was terrible...not what you expect from a high paid veteran leader.

Gaborik, Atkinson, and Anisimov are getting shots and thats what they need to continue to do. 4 shots each last night. I can't wait to see how sentiments change around here when 10's nasty wrister starts finding its way past goalies.

Dubinsky and Johnson are leading this team out of the hole, I just hope the rest of the guys follow.

What happened to Letestu?

Another so-so game from Bob...we need more for the $ we're paying.

What happened? He isnt playing top six minutes! He is playing 3rd and 4th line minutes with non scorers. I thought he played his best game of the season last night.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
What happened? He isnt playing top six minutes! He is playing 3rd and 4th line minutes with non scorers. I thought he played his best game of the season last night.

Letestu played on a lot of different line combos, and was bad in every role. He might be turning it around now, I don't know, I just want to dispel any notion that his struggles are just coming from his usage. His attention to detail and competitiveness have been off as well.

JrussJacket

May 26, 2004
Twitter @jrusscbj
Letestu played on a lot of different line combos, and was bad in every role. He might be turning it around now, I don't know, I just want to dispel any notion that his struggles are just coming from his usage. His attention to detail and competitiveness have been off as well.

Cant argue that. Everyone needs to be better, but I really noticed him alot last night (in a good way). Sucks we lost but Ill take the point, move on to Boston.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Even though it says so on Capgeek, I was under the impression that Gabby's NTC didn't transfer with the trade.

I think the contract including the NTC stays the same;the only thing is he waived it to come. I'd be surprised if the players would give up that right after waiving once.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Even though it says so on Capgeek, I was under the impression that Gabby's NTC didn't transfer with the trade.
The NHL Network had a trade deadline story which showed the actual trade call to confirm the trade. The form Gaborik signed specifically states the clause was waived for this trade only and went back into effect upon completion of the trade. I remember seeing a close up of it on the screen.

**** here is the link showing it.

http://www.nyrangersblog.com/site/here-is-documentation-of-gaborik-waiving-his-no-trade-clause.html

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
The NHL Network had a trade deadline story which showed the actual trade call to confirm the trade. The form Gaborik signed specifically states the clause was waived for this trade only and went back into effect upon completion of the trade. I remember seeing a close up of it on the screen.

**** here is the link showing it.

http://www.nyrangersblog.com/site/here-is-documentation-of-gaborik-waiving-his-no-trade-clause.html

Interesting pic, thanks! I was mistaken.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad