Half-Assed GDT: Game 16: St. Louis Blues @ Los Angeles Kings 9:30PM BSMW

Status
Not open for further replies.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Great game from Perunovich, probably his best so far in the NHL. Solid 2nd and 3rd periods, but it was way too little too late.

Buch - Thomas - Kyrou line is fun to watch but they are almost too creative. Not sure those 3 together will work, too many complicated passes when sometimes they just need to get the puck on net or make a simple play.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Done with Hayes. I don't care if he comes back and scores 3 goals in a single game if he's going to be trash like this. Just shoot him into the sun.

As for the rest, look... I get it. We're bad. And that's ok. But we need to decide if we're going to be bad and build up or if we're going to be bad, burn it down and rebuild from jump. This in-the-middle bad we're in (I'm figuring we finish somewhere in 12th or 13th) is nonsense.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Just seeing the highlights now but it looks liked binner didn't have a great start to the game and we couldn't make inroads to the advantage we game up early.

2nd goal wasn’t great but hard to blame him too much when it was a cause of a horrible breakout pass. Well it was a great breakout pass to the Kings player in the slot. 1st goal there was 13 and 55 standing next to a guy in front of the net looking at eachother thinning the other guy was going to take the guy giving him 3 shots point blank. 3rd one breakaway and then the 4th or 5th one (gave up caring too much at that point to remember) was a really nice give and go from Kalyiev and Dubois. Nice one time shot.

He could’ve definitely been better but the team didn’t really do anything at all to help him.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
Well, f*** maybe it was a mirage

plenty of season left but 2 ugly games where they abandoned their system is not a good look

Reactions: Blueston

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Ya he definitely needs some more ice time although our 4th line has been playing really well so I can see how they don’t want to disrupt it right now. I like Alexandrov a lot hopefully he gets in the lineup soon.
not a huge fan of the kid, but a back/back would have been an ideal time to rest Sunny and get the kid in

read into that what you will

Reactions: Blueston

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
Done with Hayes. I don't care if he comes back and scores 3 goals in a single game if he's going to be trash like this. Just shoot him into the sun.

As for the rest, look... I get it. We're bad. And that's ok. But we need to decide if we're going to be bad and build up or if we're going to be bad, burn it down and rebuild from jump. This in-the-middle bad we're in (I'm figuring we finish somewhere in 12th or 13th) is nonsense.
we can’t shoot Hayes into the sun, that is rather expensive and would put us over the cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad