GDT: Game 14: Columbus at Los Angeles | 2/15 10:30 PM EST

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
You have more skilled players than Derek Dorsett.

It was poor line management. Whether you want to negative nelly or positive pete, having Dorsett out there at that point in time was a bad move.

I guess it depends, who was out the shift before, messages to send, etc etc.

Not saying they were the best choices by a long shot, but there are reasons sometimes why a group is out there beyond who scored what.

ThisIsMyAlibi

Fantilli&Werenski&Gaudreau&Laine&Johnson&Jiricek
Mar 16, 2010
Ohio
We are so much better with Johnson on the ice. It was night and day during this game.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Neutral hockey fan here, Boll is not needed on your team, McKenzie too, Dorsett is 4th line material, Aucoin is no longer NHL quality.. You need to upgrade your coaching staff.. That head coach doesnt look like he knows hockey. All the best

FANonymous

Nov 7, 2010
Neutral hockey fan here, Boll is not needed on your team, McKenzie too, Dorsett is 4th line material, Aucoin is no longer NHL quality.. You need to upgrade your coaching staff.. That head coach doesnt look like he knows hockey. All the best

This year is just a transition year anyways. There was little chance of us making the playoffs. We just need some warm bodies to take up space while the new regime looks at the kids we have in the system and starts making room for them next season.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

Uhh.. :huh:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

Our entire lineup needs to basically go down one line meaning we need 3 players to emerge over the next few years to take over those positions. It's not entirely impossible. The foundation is there we just need to build upon it finally.

But the game was definitely lackluster. And with many more showings like that you better believe no one is safe. If the right deal comes across the desk that makes sense, it's gonna happen.

Columbus Mike

2015-16 CBJ
Feb 21, 2008
I'd like to thank Time Warner for having the DVR screw up so I couldn't watch this morning. While you may be losing a customer, you have earned my thanks, which hopefully is good enough.

The highlight of the thread/game has to be the Boomer appearance.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
I must admit that I did not stay up and watch the game. By what I am reading and hearing, I am glad I didn't.

Anyway, our boys are back in their familiar comfy, cozy, 30th place in the NHL.

This team, for whatever reason, cannot seem to motivate itself to play hard every night. I think in the end, that does cost Richards his job. Like him or not, everyone knows how this team must play to win, and it isn't happening every game. They showed the world in the Edmonton game that with their scoring problems, even a team that sleepwalks through a game can still beat them when they put forth a strong effort. Thus, you would think that they would realize that that type of effort must be put forth every game for them to even have a chance to win. But alas, once again it seems that another team gets away with putting forth little effort to beat the boys in Union blue. But this time there was no stellar work effort that was not rewarded. That, fair or not, will fall on the coaches shoulders.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
The Kings played last night exactly how the Jackets need to play to be successful. Every time a Jacket defenseman went in his own zone to get the puck, there were two King players there disrupting creating turnovers.

On our PP, the Kings were on the puck forcing the puck carrier into a mistake, not sitting back waiting. The Jackets do not have an answer to that type of play. Some games the Jackets pass more cleanly than others and are able to breakout before the forecheck establishes, and on the PP are able to beat the pressure. Not last night. Bob played well enough to give the boys a chance to win. In the end we know what we are, a team that can't match the effort needed on a nightly basis. A team without enough skilled players that if the work isn't there, games like this are the norm.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Soooo... I may have fallen asleep at 8 last night. Haven't read through the thread but it doesn't sound like I missed a very good one.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
I must admit that I did not stay up and watch the game. By what I am reading and hearing, I am glad I didn't.

Anyway, our boys are back in their familiar comfy, cozy, 30th place in the NHL.

This team, for whatever reason, cannot seem to motivate itself to play hard every night. I think in the end, that does cost Richards his job. Like him or not, everyone knows how this team must play to win, and it isn't happening every game. They showed the world in the Edmonton game that with their scoring problems, even a team that sleepwalks through a game can still beat them when they put forth a strong effort. Thus, you would think that they would realize that that type of effort must be put forth every game for them to even have a chance to win. But alas, once again it seems that another team gets away with putting forth little effort to beat the boys in Union blue. But this time there was no stellar work effort that was not rewarded. That, fair or not, will fall on the coaches shoulders.

Has it ever occurred to you guys that a much of what you consider loafing around is actually LOFT?

I'm not picking on you directly doc, I just think a lot of what people gripe about (flatness, awful power plays, inability to sustain offensive pressure) in these GDTs are more a result of the team just not having the skill to do these things well.

Last edited:

JACKETfan

Real Blue Jacketfan
Mar 18, 2006
Tampa
Soooo... I may have fallen asleep at 8 last night. Haven't read through the thread but it doesn't sound like I missed a very good one.

It was a defensive battle by two team that looked out of sync half the game.

I keep thinking of how much better we'd be under "Two-goal Claude".

He's getting 2.54 gpg
We just cracked 2, going to 2.14 after the Jose explosion.

Last edited:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Has it ever occurred to you guys that a much of what you consider loafing around is actually LOFT?

I'm not picking on you directly doc, I just think a lot of what people gripe about (flatness, awful power plays, inability to sustain offensive pressure) in these GDTs are more a result of the team just not having the skill to do these things well.

Of course we have. Its just that Viqsi would burn us if we constantly mentioned it. Besides it would get boring if we dwelt strictly on that topic.

From the early days I've always thought that the Jackets biggest problem was that they had to exert maximum effort every night in order to win (due to a LOFT) and I don't think a team is capable of overachieving for 82 games. or even 50 of the 82.

Matthew

OK Boomer
Dec 21, 2006
Columbus, Ohio

All of that is a skill. A talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2