GDT: Game 13: Red Wings at rags 7:30 et 11/7/23 (TNT)

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
That was horrifying to watch. Looked like they had no idea what the game of hockey even is during the first 2 periods.

The lows of this team almost look lower than last year, somehow.

Reactions: FMichael

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I think I likes the lines better when Compher and Copp were on different lines. It is a small tweak but I would at least give it a try to maybe spark something to start the next game.

Call me crazy buy, if we continue to have these bad starts, I would even be tempted to give Kostin a try next to DeBrincat and Larkin. The guy can shoot and win board battles. He has more skill than I expected; it would be an interesting experiment.
I don’t see it with Kostin. I also don’t think bad starts are a line combo problem. They simply are not moving their feet, not making good decisions. Whatever they are doing pre-game is not working to get them dialed in. It’s a team problem and won’t be fixed by one player or line combo change.

brett89

Jun 29, 2016
i watched the first period and saw what was going to happen and went to sleep early.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I think I likes the lines better when Compher and Copp were on different lines. It is a small tweak but I would at least give it a try to maybe spark something to start the next game.

Call me crazy buy, if we continue to have these bad starts, I would even be tempted to give Kostin a try next to DeBrincat and Larkin. The guy can shoot and win board battles. He has more skill than I expected; it would be an interesting experiment.
I don’t know about all that (putting him on the first line) but I have thought it would be nice to see how he does bumping up the lineup, maybe a look on the 3rd line.

He has good possession numbers and is a bigger body.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Mind boggling that the team starts the game flat every time and waits for the 3rd to play with intensity.

This is on Lalonde, they need to be ready right away. Hopefully it's a rough practice today, I'd skate them into the ice.

DeBrincat has been coasting for 2 weeks now...

Reactions: Ulysses31

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Anyone else notice that the TNT idiots showed 88 Necas on a Red Wings PP line in the 1st period? Clown show.
I did notice.

And I took a picture of what they had for one of the PPs

1699451297079.png

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
Bring up Ed and give Lyon a start. The Husso experiment is over. Also sign Kane.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
That was horrifying to watch. Looked like they had no idea what the game of hockey even is during the first 2 periods.

It's downright f-ing scary...On paper we're considerably better than what we had seen last night...But as you pointed out - periods 1 and 2 looked like a flashback to what we were 3 seasons ago :oops:

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
We cannot pass the puck to each other. This is the fundamental issue we are having and we are chasing. The man-to-man coverage we are deploying on 5v5 when the other team is set up in our zone is not working because we just look like a bunch of chickens with our heads cut off (mighty ducks ftw).

We need to have a full practice on passing and faceoffs. Everytime you lose the puck to the opposition, you do 3 faceoffs and whoever wins 2-of-3, you get to play keep away first. This also helps with forechecking and wanting to get the puck to end it.

Literally, if they did just that and everyone refused to leave until they got it down, I would be ecstatic and not care about the next game score. I'm talking 5v5 practice scrim. No shots on net. Literally just passing and see how long your 5 can hold the puck and not give it up. Whoever get's the most passes in one shift gets more icetime than everyone else for next game. Husso and Reimer can go and do rebound control in a corner somewhere with the goalie coaches. This would probably significantly improve our chemistry and that looks like our main issue right now, chemistry.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
I wouldn't mind trying the below lines. Gives a little more pop to the lines and some grit on all lines. Right now when the 1st line isn't scoring we aren't winning.

DBC-Larks-Ras
Fabbri-Compher-Ray
Kostin-Veleno- Sprong
Fisher-Copp-Perron

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
I wouldn't mind trying the below lines. Gives a little more pop to the lines and some grit on all lines. Right now when the 1st line isn't scoring we aren't winning.

DBC-Larks-Ras
Fabbri-Compher-Ray
Kostin-Veleno- Sprong
Fisher-Copp-Perron
try this but also stop playing man-to-man with slow players against fast players

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
This team is Jekyll and Hyde. One game they look unbeatable. The next they look like a bottom 5 lottery team.
The team has been bad on the road for years. This season they managed to beat a couple of struggling teams and came back against the Isles. Remember, they slept through the first 2 periods of that game as well. Didn't work so well against the Rangers. They still need to figure out why they suck so much on the road. They need to hire a consultant to do a deep dive, examine everyone's daily routine compared to travel routine. Caffeine and alcohol intake, sleep routine, etc.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002

I don't think our low is lower but our high is definitely higher which makes it harder to watch the lows in comparison. Last year if we were down 5 to start the 3rd you knew it was going to end 5-1 or 5-0. This year when they play as a unit, they can actually do some damage. Thus this game or even the game vs Florida are more frustrating.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
The team definitely struggles with an aggressive forecheck. Rangers were fast and finishing their checks which puts the Wings under pressure to make passes but also delays players enough from the hit that everyone gets out of sync.

Then it seems like they get rattled and all hell breaks loose. Someone manages to score a goal late in the game and then it's like "oh right, we're better than this. f*** these guys!" and they start playing well.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Un freaking real, dude. Let me guess, AI's fault...
Looks to me like they still had the Hurricane roster in the system and punched in jersey numbers 71, 23, 88. The only names they got right are numbers that aren't currently being used by Carolina.

I'm sure AI wouldn't put Jesper Fast or Copp on the PP.

Indrid Cold

Oct 24, 2022
Looks to me like they still had the Hurricane roster in the system and punched in jersey numbers 71, 23, 88. The only names they got right are numbers that aren't currently being used by Carolina.

I'm sure AI wouldn't put Jesper Fast or Copp on the PP.

Based on NHL 24, I can confirm that 'AI' would indeed put them both on the PP. lol

Astyanax

May 5, 2020
it doesn't have to be original era stuff. a safer option would be like Pennywise, us bombs, or Nofx, blink 182 basically where a major label constructed band that ripped off the skaterpunk sound created by a major label. that occasionally played at the warp tour but never went into the scene that they stole their sound from.
I'm so old and have been biting my tongue. Sure, it's not exclusive to originals, but dammit pop and punk are mutually exclusive. There are way too many labels these days. Blink is alternative, and maybe hard core, but definitely bad at it, irrespective of your label. End of story

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad