GDT: Game 13: Red Wings at rags 7:30 et 11/7/23 (TNT)

MIKELGRW

Jul 13, 2022
South Florida
Screenshot (26).png

Husso in net, Larkin will probably play and Fabbri is back! Let's Go Boys!

#RedWings lines at practice:
DeBrincat-Czarnik (for Larkin)-Raymond
Perron-Compher-Copp
Fabbri-Veleno-Sprong
Kostin-Rasmussen-Fischer
Walman-Seider
Chiarot-Holl
Maatta-Gostisbehere
Petry
Husso/Reimer/Lyon

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Some wondered how Fabbri could come back and possibly crack the top-9. Ras to L4, there ya go. (Fabbri was always going to slot back into the top-9 at the expense of someone else.... the fantasy of 'Fabbri to the 4th line' will have to wait another day :laugh:)

• Haha
Reactions: Gniwder

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Some wondered how Fabbri could come back and possibly crack the top-9. Ras to L4, there ya go. (Fabbri was always going to slot back into the top-9 at the expense of someone else.... the fantasy of 'Fabbri to the 4th line' will have to wait another day :laugh:)
ras - kostin - fischer might actually work though. I've grown so accustomed to hating ras as center that I never thought about that line combo. 3 big bodies that have some anger to get out. I just hope ras going to the 4th isn't like punishment or something because he hasn't played great but hasn't played terrible and just got some bad luck recently.

edit: ras is like playing mediocre, but i don't think he should be relegated to 4th line...yet

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
ras - kostin - fischer might actually work though. I've grown so accustomed to hating ras as center that I never thought about that line combo. 3 big bodies that have some anger to get out. I just hope ras going to the 4th isn't like punishment or something because he hasn't played great but hasn't played terrible and just got some bad luck recently.

edit: ras is like playing mediocre, but i don't think he should be relegated to 4th line...yet
Yeah, I don't think Ras is being relegated to the 4th line long-term, but he hasn't provided any offense, and his physical style of play does fit in with Fischer and Kostin. They could be a pretty decent throwback kind of checking line.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Don't expect anything good out of this game.
I like to see game without Larkin, see who will step up.

If Larkin is out, then Joey should play in his spot. Czarnik to the 4th and Moose to the 3rd. Don’t love Moose at C but that scenario is better than the options.

2nd best option would be the blender, splitting Compher and Copper up and both play at C…don’t like that either.^^

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Yeah, I don't think Ras is being relegated to the 4th line long-term, but he hasn't provided any offense, and his physical style of play does fit in with Fischer and Kostin. They could be a pretty decent throwback kind of checking line.
Which is crazy to think of because preseason is preaseason, i get it, but fischer looked like a useless body, but he has really done well and surprised for what he is. I would hope bring Ras in would help kostin get a better shot off more often, but I would have thought veleno would have done a good job at that with his new speed he has shown making other players watch while kostin moves around, but that didn't seem to work too much.

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
Which is crazy to think of because preseason is preaseason, i get it, but fischer looked like a useless body, but he has really done well and surprised for what he is. I would hope bring Ras in would help kostin get a better shot off more often, but I would have thought veleno would have done a good job at that with his new speed he has shown making other players watch while kostin moves around, but that didn't seem to work too much.
It's a long season, who knows what will happen. Maybe Kostin is a slow starter and picks it up soon, maybe he and Ras (or all 3 guys) find some nice chemistry and generate a little offense. Maybe the line is a complete dud and needs to be broken up lol.

It's easy to forget the Wings have a ton of new faces, and these guys have not played with each other long at all. I'm all for mixing things up early on to see what clicks.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Don't know how much you guys read into this, but for betting purposes, it matters sometimes...

mitch dunning is one of the ref's tonight and he has a home win% of 54% and has detroit 3-3-0 last year while he had NYR 4-1-1 last year. The other ref, chris lee, is a little bit more favorable to wings with 2-0-1 last year and 3-0 in 21-22. Had NYR 3-2-0 last year, but has the home win% at 55%.

Some other interesting tidbits (from ref data only):
-There will probably be 7 total penalties in the game
-roughly 6 goals
-red wings will probably have more penalties against, but maybe just 1 more than NYR
-home record for dunning is 34-29-7
-home record for lee is 38-31-5
-all refs have 9 years experience (including linesman) so at least it won't be a brand new one fu*king it all up...it'll be veterans.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Raz will get extra shifts subbing for Perron and Sprong, especially if the Wings take an early lead. I expect him to have way more ice time than Fischer and Kostin. While he hasn't managed to score much, Raz is still waaaaay better than Perron and Sprong defensively. Also, it makes more sense to have Raz play on multiple lines than Joey, who has done a pretty solid job at center.

My fantasy is Copp as 4C. As much as I hate to admit it though, Copp is outplaying Raz. Lineup makes sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad