GDT: Game 12| Pittsburgh at Minnesota Sat, Oct. 28th 8:00PM XEC|FS-N, ATTSN-PT|"Everybody Wants Some!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorry

May 18, 2005
What's weird is this current coaching staff seemingly giving the respect to Letang over Schultz. They've both been big cogs in the last two runs. Why differ to Letang? When Schultz comes back, they should split time equally on the first PP.

Although I'd give the first PP to Schultz. Letang is a knuckle head.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
It's pretty sweet to be 2nd in the east despite being a bit subpar, with an ugly schedule and some definite things to fix.

Knowing that we have most of the resources needed to fix our problems when the time comes is even sweeter.

It would be nice to see all the talent running red hot and playing beautiful hockey, and to have every single problem solved, but its a great place to be for now.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
It's pretty sweet to be 2nd in the east despite being a bit subpar, with an ugly schedule and some definite things to fix.

Knowing that we have most of the resources needed to fix our problems when the time comes is even sweeter.

It would be nice to see all the talent running red hot and playing beautiful hockey, and to have every single problem solved, but its a great place to be for now.

Yep, a few points off TB who's doing amazing despite our subpar start.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I don't think it's any more deep or complicated than $$$ when it comes to Letang on the PP. I think you sort of feel forced to play a guy making as much as Letang does in all situations, even if he's not the best choice.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I don't think it's any more deep or complicated than $$$ when it comes to Letang on the PP. I think you sort of feel forced to play a guy making as much as Letang does in all situations, even if he's not the best choice.
which is a shame, because I think he'd actually be pretty effective on PP2 in a role more similar to Phil's.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
which is a shame, because I think he'd actually be pretty effective on PP2 in a role more similar to Phil's.
I'd play our PP1 for pretty much the entirety of a power play, unless guys are gassed or something. I don't really understand or agree with the idea of splitting up PP time between two units, but having Letang, Guentzel, and Sheary on the PP2 would be pretty solid.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'd play our PP1 for pretty much the entirety of a power play, unless guys are gassed or something. I don't really understand or agree with the idea of splitting up PP time between two units, but having Letang, Guentzel, and Sheary on the PP2 would be pretty solid.
I'm not saying split it either, but it will need to play some. And yeah, Letang, Guentzel, Sheary, Rust/Sheahan, and Maatta is a pretty damn good 2nd unit.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

Money, contract length, how long he's been here and his standing as the 1D. I'm sure there's a lot behind him on PP1 but it's not the best thing for the team and I don't think it's the best thing for Letang either.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Letang is mucccch better when he's THE guy on a PP. He actually looked good on PP2. He doesn't think as much.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
Just wanted to discuss something from the other thread. I hate when people overuse the phrase "Whipping boy" around here. The things people are complaining about for Letang are 100% warranted. The things people are complaining about Kuhn/Reaves for are completely warranted. People wanting Hags to up his production for what he makes is completely warranted.

But at the end of the day, Letang will continue to get better over time. He will knock off his rust and he's a game changer 5 on 5 for this team. And it's Sully's responsibility to put Schultz (when healthy) on PP1. It's not Letang's responsibility. I guarantee that will clear itself up and #58 will be fine.

As for 4th liners. If that's our biggest complaint for the year, we are in good position. And Hags is a luxury at this point, which is nice to have, but he is movable. And most likely I feel he will be moved next year.

But they aren't just whipping boys. The reactions are fine. If people are going above and overreacting, that's the individual poster. It's not a whipping boy.
Come on now, some players have been whipping boys for no other reason than because of how they were used by the coaching staff. Kunitz (especially before his steep decline) and Dupuis both fell victim to this, especially Dupuis. It wasn't his fault he was tied to Sid's hip and he always played hard and for a while played above his own skill set yet he was trashed by many Pens fans almost endlessly as if it was his fault he was played where he was. Or was that warranted?

And some of the reactions are over the top. Plus there's a lot of individual posters with similar mind sets.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Ugh. Pens game or Stranger Things?
7ECxJxn.gif

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
Ugh, Im in Minnesota and the game is blacked out. Thanks NHL, f*** you.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Letang is mucccch better when he's THE guy on a PP. He actually looked good on PP2. He doesn't think as much.

There does seem to be an inverse relationship between the amount Letang thinks and the quality of his play.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Come on now, some players have been whipping boys for no other reason than because of how they were used by the coaching staff. Kunitz (especially before his steep decline) and Dupuis both fell victim to this, especially Dupuis. It wasn't his fault he was tied to Sid's hip and he always played hard and for a while played above his own skill set yet he was trashed by many Pens fans almost endlessly as if it was his fault he was played where he was. Or was that warranted?

And some of the reactions are over the top. Plus there's a lot of individual posters with similar mind sets.

I completely agree with Dupers. I even agree with Kunitz. Kunitz was amazing on the 4th line and dependable. It was Sully's and every other coach's responsibility to keep him on the 4th, not Kunitz job to make sure he doesn't play at a higher level. You do what the coach tells you. I agree with that.

But this year, I don't feel like people are just setting their minds to hate something no matter what. There is a chance I have them on ignore, though. :laugh:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I completely agree with Dupers. I even agree with Kunitz. Kunitz was amazing on the 4th line and dependable. It was Sully's and every other coach's responsibility to keep him on the 4th, not Kunitz job to make sure he doesn't play at a higher level. You do what the coach tells you. I agree with that.

But this year, I don't feel like people are just setting their minds to hate something no matter what. There is a chance I have them on ignore, though. :laugh:

I hate Daddy JT. :tvhappy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad