GDT: Game 11: Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Calgary Flames |2/7 7PM EST FSO|

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
What kind of forward can we get for Brassard and Savard?

I stubbornly hold onto the belief Umberger will be fine once he starts playing on the 3rd line where he belongs. (Putting on the Viqsi-proof/flameproof suit).

If you were an opposing GM what would you give up? ;)

Cash for Nash

May 13, 2012
What kind of forward can we get for Brassard and Savard?

I stubbornly hold onto the belief Umberger will be fine once he starts playing on the 3rd line where he belongs. (Putting on the Viqsi-proof/flameproof suit).

Keep Brassard. Dude is still young (kinda) and has shown an ability to actually score (goals,assist) this year. I'll count the BS blackhawks game no goal as well. I think he's been worn down by losing though--IF we could just kinda right the ship (kinda) his play would get even better. And it hasn't been bad.

Savard-If deal is right (forward prospect) then fine. Otherwise keep him for now.

We have to dump Umberger though. Dude is a joke. If we could get a late first/high second rounder then DO IT!! If not then certainly buy him out and use his salary (amnesty) on the next overpriced Howson signing. At least the money would go to a younger more productive player (hopefully).

Last edited by a moderator:

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Keep Brassard. Dude is still young (kinda) and has shown an ability to actually score (goals,assist) this year. I'll count the BS blackhawks game no goal as well. I think he's been worn down by losing though--IF we could just kinda right the ship (kinda) his play would get even better. And it hasn't been bad.

Savard-If deal is right (forward prospect) then fine. Otherwise keep him for now.

We have to dump Umberger though. Dude is a joke. If we could get a late first/high second rounder then DO IT!! If not then certainly buy him out and use his salary (amnesty) on the next overpriced Howson signing. At least the money would go to a younger more productive player (hopefully).

So, do you want Brassard playing LW or RW for us? I don't see where there is a spot for him at C in the next few years.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cash for Nash

May 13, 2012
So, do you want Brassard playing LW or RW for us? I don't see where there is a spot for him at C in the next few years.

Yeah I agree (re: Centers). Although I think the love for Boone Jenner is a little premature.

He has a lot of promise, but penciling him in as a sure fire guy.

Brassard on the RW is fine, LW is fine. I just don't think we'd get the value trading him more than we would keeping him. I think he's a talented (yet inconsistent)player.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Yeah I agree (re: Centers). Although I think the love for Boone Jenner is a little premature.

Brassard on the RW is fine, LW is fine. I just don't think we'd get the value trading him more than we would keeping him. I think he's a talented (yet inconsistent)player.
Brassard has more points than a lot of big name players right now.

Edit : ok maybe not a lot but there's some good talent ie Seguin, RNH, courtier, vermette among others. He's one multi-point away from being in the mix of some really good talent.

Last edited:

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005

I agree, but Jenner is a much better fit at C for this team. I am not against keeping Brassard, but I also have no problem with trading him. Even if we don't get fair value for him. I just don't really care either way.

Last edited:

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Brassard has more points than a lot of big name players right now.

Edit : ok maybe not a lot but there's some good talent ie Seguin, RNH, courtier, vermette among others. He's one multi-point away from being in the mix of some really good talent.

That's the thing that puzzles me, other than Letestu, Brass is probably our most recent consistent producer. He's has the best vision and creativity on the team currently. The problem people have with him is he's so damn inconsistent over a full season. I have hope he can eventually be a 60 pt a season center but time is seriously running out. The guy is 25 and the probability of becoming a 60 pt guyis slim. But still, I rather keep him over another grinder whos lazy and plays hard when he wants to. (RJ).

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
That's the thing that puzzles me, other than Letestu, Brass is probably our most recent consistent producer. He's has the best vision and creativity on the team currently. The problem people have with him is he's so damn inconsistent over a full season. I have hope he can eventually be a 60 pt a season center but time is seriously running out. The guy is 25 and the probability of becoming a 60 pt guyis slim. But still, I rather keep him over another grinder whos lazy and plays hard when he wants to. (RJ).
I seriously think it would take quite a bit to move him. Brassard just needs to realize this is his year to make or break it.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
We're far more value to get value out of Brassard than Umberger at this point.

True, but if Brassard is finally producing then why trade him? Especially of we will be acquiring pieces over the next year to help him? The only player producing more is Tyutin. That puts us in a major set back. We can't afford to move him unless we're getting his production back at least. We can't do anymore trades for future pieces.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
True, but if Brassard is finally producing then why trade him? Especially of we will be acquiring pieces over the next year to help him? The only player producing more is Tyutin. That puts us in a major set back. We can't afford to move him unless we're getting his production back at least. We can't do anymore trades for future pieces.

Because I'm not convinced that IF has actually happened yet.

MattTheMask

Cbus for life!
Mar 11, 2009
Columbus
www.jacketsfans.com
2) Which is why it's going to take some time. I'm assuming JD would have taken a full season before beginning a makeover. He's going to get just over half that. Is that enough? I expect it will be, but the task is not that clear-cut.

Guess JD has seen enough in just half of a season to realize what the vast majority of the fan base already knew. Howson must go.

Which makes me think of 3) What if Davidson decides that someone who's out of favor (Howson, Richards, Umberger, Mason) is part of the long-term solution moving forward. About whom will we change our tune - JD or the other individual?

JD obviously believes that after tonight, Howson is NOT part of the long-term solution moving forward. This has been validated. Thankfully he realized this. Future looks brighter already.

Excellent question, with an answer that may make numerous heads explode.

Only the heads of the Howson Police are exploding tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad