Post-Game Talk: Game 11: Anaheim Ducks vs Vegas Golden Knights, 5pm PT, BSSC (Ducks win 4-2)

ducknuts

Jul 8, 2023
Killorn will absolutely not stay very long on a 3rd line. Unless that 3rd line means zegras is at center

Agree. I think Killorn would look great with Carlsson and Terry. Move Zegras to the third line.

Killorn - Carlsson - Terry
Vatrano - McTavish - Strome
Henrique - Zegras - Silfverberg
Johnston - Carrick - Leason

Zegras and Henrique can swap spots if Cronin wants to keep Z at wing.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
5 sounds about right. 2017-18 was extremely frustrating, Kesler was a shell of his former self playing with no hips, Perry firing blanks, Getzlaf was injured and Duck fans got introduced to Derek Grantzlaf.
hard to believe that team even managed to make the playoffs

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Not to ruin the mood but this time just two years ago we were in the middle of an 8 game winning streak.

I get the sentiment, but at no point during the Eakins era--even when we were leading the division at about the 30-game mark 2 years ago--did I feel the same way I feel right now. It might taper off like it did then over a full 82, but the way the team is playing and what they're building seems more organic and sustainable long-term.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
I get the sentiment, but at no point during the Eakins era--even when we were leading the division at about the 30-game mark 2 years ago--did I feel the same way I feel right now. It might taper off like it did then over a full 82, but the way the team is playing and what they're building seems more organic and sustainable long-term.
Even during that stretch we played like 3-4 more games than everyone else. Winning percentage we weren’t in first.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
:monkey:With a bazooka, Gold Lamé Chapeau edition

:monkey:
With a bazooka, Gold Lamé Chapeau edition​
Goals of the game
Goals
Achieved
Ducks with 35+ shots23
:m-hissyfit:
Ducks outhit Vegas10-13 :m-hissyfit:
Top line 3+ pointsTerry - 1
:m-hissyfit:
1+ fights. Something worthy of being in Goon, rather than Goon 2.:m-hissyfit:
PP>PK:m-laugh:
Game ends in regulation:m-laugh:
Bonus Points
Calder kids >= PPG collectively.Nope
Legit need for “Gudas smash” 2+ timesNope
Killorn with pointsNope
Individual poster with the most imaginative use of a gif gets personal recognition by being given a virtual GDT chimpanzee with a bazooka.
Total
:monkey:

2/6 :m-laugh:+ 0:m-cool: + triple monkey modifier for BEATING VEGAS FOR THEIR FIRST REGULATION LOSS = 6/6

:m-dance::m-dance::m-dance::m-dance::m-dance::m-dance:

Individual poster with the most imaginative use of a gif gets personal recognition by being given a virtual GDT chimpanzee with a bazooka.

Summing up the season!

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Taper off, sure. But they're taking good teams to task instead of bleeding 40-50 shots against per night. Even if the team comes back to earth, I'd expect them to be a lot more competitive about it than last year.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
We played a bunch of bad teams during that stretch.

I guess you'll omit beating top teams and teams will better records than us within that 8-game win streak? We actually had a 10-game point streak.

Someday people can stop re-writing history and accept true history. The connection between the two teams is they both had talent to start the season. This year's team is much deeper in talent than the 2021-22 season. We've been without Lundy all season, Drysdale has missed all, but two games, and Killorn got his first NHL game in tonight.

2021-22 season, First 18 games.png

Standings Oct 30, 2021 .png

Reactions: IdyllwildEcho
Oct 18, 2011
Agree. I think Killorn would look great with Carlsson and Terry. Move Zegras to the third line.

Killorn - Carlsson - Terry
Vatrano - McTavish - Strome
Henrique - Zegras - Silfverberg
Johnston - Carrick - Leason

Zegras and Henrique can swap spots if Cronin wants to keep Z at wing.
Top line needs a big body and the Z/Terry thing needs to be put on ice

But Carlsson is not the number 1 center, McTavish is

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
I guess you'll omit beating top teams and teams will better records than us within that 8-game win streak? We actually had a 10-game point streak.

Someday people can stop re-writing history and accept true history. The connection between the two teams is they both had talent to start the season. This year's team is much deeper in talent than the 2021-22 season. We've been without Lundy all season, Drysdale has missed all, but two games, and Killorn got his first NHL game in tonight.

View attachment 763709

View attachment 763710
They beat 2 playoff teams… I don’t care what the teams records were at the time, the sample size is too small. Over 82 games the only teams that actually ended up being good enough for the playoffs were the Blues and the Capitals.

Reactions: goonsaredumb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad