Post-Game Talk: Game 11: Anaheim Ducks vs Vegas Golden Knights, 5pm PT, BSSC (Ducks win 4-2)

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
This is one of those eye test things that I wanted to run by others and see if it's just me.

Until this season, I felt like the Ducks were one of the worst in the league at both knocking pucks out of mid-air on defense and, on offense, at making saucer passes (other than Zegras). I feel like they've improved at both, although more on the defensive side (Mintyukov is a marvel at this).

But Vegas is ridiculously good at the defensive side of that. I feel like they knocked down just about every mid-air clearing attempt or saucer pass the Ducks tried to get by them. I don't know if they work on that extensively or just have players who are good at it or if this is all just my imagination. It was really frustrating to watch. Was that noticeable to anyone else?

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
This card is very funny to me because the whole game (while I was awake) I thought Cam looked awesome (outside of pointing at Eichel on his goal and a soft drop pass in the offensive zone) and basically everything I read in here was just shitting on him and his defensive play

You’ve been around long enough to know it’s always Cam’s fault lol.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
IMG_5773.png

My wife agreed to let me get this flag for the house if the Ducks beat Vegas, can’t wait for it to arrive!

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
That's on Amazon? I'm ordering one... better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.
Yep Amazon, not Prime though so it’s gonna take a couple weeks to come in sadly. But liked this one over the others, especially since it’s the 30th season and they’re using that version of the mask.

Reactions: lwvs84

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
This card is very funny to me because the whole game (while I was awake) I thought Cam looked awesome (outside of pointing at Eichel on his goal and a soft drop pass in the offensive zone) and basically everything I read in here was just shitting on him and his defensive play

Sorry, but I think the cards are complete nonsense. They don't seem to reflect underlying play or, at least, are heavily oriented to rewarding results as opposed to play (i.e., anyone who scores points seems to always have a high rating).

Fowler is what he is. And that's just fine at this point. One thing I have noticed is that the ducks' more physical play seems to be rubbing off on him a bit. By no means would I say he's physical, but this year he is using his body a bit more (low bar, I know) and battling harder.

Reactions: Zegras11

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Yep Amazon, not Prime though so it’s gonna take a couple weeks to come in sadly. But liked this one over the others, especially since it’s the 30th season and they’re using that version of the mask.
Just ordered it. Bought a house that came with a flag pole... Hoping I can have it up during a playoff run this year :D

I just have to make sure my fiancé doesn't go into the front yard while the flag is up... she says I have too much Ducks stuff.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Oh man, and I was thinking about sitting this one out. Glad I didn't. What a comeback! I'm so damn salty over the Vegas Golden Boys that I love it, love it! I'm gonna go to sleep soon and dream about this. To think about how there's so much more potential in these guys and in this team that it's really, really hard to not get excited.

Reactions: Tokioduck

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
Hah ...I might have to get a flag, too. I'm kinda over the new jersey thing since I live in Idaho and only get back for a game everyone couple years. We have a flag outside our house, unfortunately my wife has about 10 flags for every reason... but she'd probably be up for a few months of Ducks, since she's a big fan, too.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
Hah ...I might have to get a flag, too. I'm kinda over the new jersey thing since I live in Idaho and only get back for a game everyone couple years. We have a flag outside our house, unfortunately my wife has about 10 flags for every reason... but she'd probably be up for a few months of Ducks, since she's a big fan, too.
Pretty much everyone is over New Jersey.

• Haha
Reactions: snowave

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad