FACEOFF SUMMARY

TOI BRUINS

VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS

Peoria3034870.jpg

Last edited:

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
great job by the D units and Rask, McAvoy and Carlo continue to do well.

Krug, great game for him, love seeing him factor into both goals with assists.

Listening to the post game interview, hard not to love Debrusk...he just seems likeable and told it how it was. Took responsibility for the turnover and helped factor into the game winner. Says all the right things and shows the effort on the ice. Cant wait to see how he develops especially with role models like Bergeron on this team.

Good on Nash and Kuraly.

Really intrigued by the Heinen line, they looked very solid and to be buzzing around.

Nice for Czarnik to come in and get an assist, rather see him than Agostino.

The grunts chipped in!!!

Reactions: BMC and Blowfish

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Would have laughed at anyone who told me before the game that Vegas would be held to one goal and Nash and Kuraly would be the only goal scorers for the Bs. Great team effort and as DeBrusk said post-game, Tuukka was the reason the Bs won this one. Dude was rock solid and has been looking good the past few games. Nice to see him and Dobby both playing well. The Bs are going to need that given their makeshift lineup.

Reactions: mmk

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Krug, Carlo and Chara were excellent. Szwarz line was fairly low key, but they did all you could ask from them really. Rask made some key saves at right times.

Also, have to give credit to Kuraly. I still think he's fairly limited hockey player but you can't deny his heart and effort.

Last edited:

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Gritty win, with our depleted lineup to win with an off night by the big line, a real bonus.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Another train wreck by the officials. I’m confused as to why interference has now become ignored, while feather like, one handed taps with the stick and trying to win a faceoff are egregious crimes against humanity.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Liked Heinen and Bjork together. I’ve never loved Carlo, but getting to see him live more since moving up from TX has me singing a different tune. I was preaching Beleksey patience, but buy that dude out next offseason.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Another train wreck by the officials. I’m confused as to why interference has now become ignored, while feather like, one handed taps with the stick and trying to win a faceoff are egregious crimes against humanity.

These bums just don't deserve their jobs. A disgrace and a poor look for the NHL.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Bergeron must have gotten tossed from the dot a half dozen times tonight.

Glad to get the two points with such a depleted lineup.

Mostly I'm glad Vegas didn't spam my Twitter feed with terribly written Boston accents.

Reactions: BMC and Alicat

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Really starting to enjoy Heinen's cerebral game. He is NHL ready now. Nash has stepped up. Great team effort. The good Kuraly showed up tonight.

And, bottom line, Chara can play for the Bruins as long as he wants to. That stick alone breaks up so many plays. They would be lost without him. I'll never understand people who want to move him out early. They are delusional.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
So why is everyone on the officials? The Bergy call was bad, but what else did I miss?

It’s the amazing lack of feel for the game, coupled with the consistently inconsistent manner in which calls are made that inuriates me.

gvkmedia

Let’s fight through this….
Mar 2, 2002
Kingsville
www.hollandbloorview.ca
I agree with mikelvl, Chara stays on my team just to kill penalties. We get enough of them.

Also good to see the gap between Chara's ice time and McAvoy's is getting smaller. By the time the all star break is here Charlie will be leading our defence in ice time. That's my prediction anyway.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Great game by Rask.

The best line in hockey had a strong game even if they didn’t score.

Vegas is a hard working team. Physical and lots of stick work. Not much skills tough...

Heinen, Bjork and DeBrusk giving skills to the Bruins bottom 3 lines. Can’t wait for a healthy lineup...

McAvoy is 19. Invest 8y on 2nd contract and enjoy the success.

Concessionaire

That could have gone better.
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2003
New Orleans
With this patchwork lineup, it’s so important to get scoring from the bottom three lines. I was very glad to see Nash and Kuraly step up.

Not a pretty game, but the rookies are getting a buttload of experience which will pay off down the line.

Reactions: sarge88

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Thought Carlo was incredible. Best defenseman on the ice IMO.

It wasn't pretty. Like at all. Didn't help that the ice looked really bad. Good to see the Kuraly and Nash factor in. Long overdue offensive contribution and win from the bottom-6.

Not sure what to think of Postma. Personally I'd rather just call up O'Gara or Grzlyck and return to a balanced L/R defense.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
That's exactly the kind of game a 7 million dollar goalie needs to step up to plate and bail his team out. Well done Tuuks

Good game by the kids as well. MacAvoy continues to amaze me

Reactions: BMC

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Nash
Swarz
Kuraly down the middle

I smell a Cup rub

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Thought Carlo was incredible. Best defenseman on the ice IMO.

It wasn't pretty. Like at all. Didn't help that the ice looked really bad. Good to see the Kuraly and Nash factor in. Long overdue offensive contribution and win from the bottom-6.

Not sure what to think of Postma. Personally I'd rather just call up O'Gara or Grzlyck and return to a balanced L/R defense.

Not a Postma fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad